45 coaches online • Server time: 00:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sox

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Respect
Quod

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I second what Pac has said, quit [R] and just play a League or two to keep your hand in.

All the best for your new family, and the new balance you seek to find in your life.

See you around.

Last edited by Quod on %b %26, %2007 - %03:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Do whatever you want unless it hurts someone. If that someone happens to be you yourself, then I guess it's a good thing you took a break.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sad thing, but understandable. im quite new to fumbbl and your nick was one of the first i knew. good luck man.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been a player for 3.5 years and am now a 2-3 game a week player... I have a wife, work with a long commute which sees me out of the house 13 hrs of the day. I also have 2 daughters aged 5 and 7 who are into dancing and netball and have all the other things that make their lives busy.

Its all about balance and I agree with Quod, keep the "one game a week" league thing going but ditch ranked and any other type of "pick up games".

And if you're quitting even partially due to spectators booing about time, tell them to blow it out their arse!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say respect to what you did!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

More power to ya Pete!

Good luck with everything, especially the littl'un, please give my best wishes to your wife.

Oh, and does this mean you have a magic potion to sell? I'll look forward to the ebay link for that one Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't cheer.
Respect for the decision to concede, boo for the decision to retire.

Retiring the team means you don't have a grip on yourself. Just stop playing for a while, to need to send them down the flush.

I'm glad you found a reason to get a grip on important things, tho. Cheers, and good luck!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As my boy was born I took a seventh month break from Fumbbl. It was easy... considering I was playing a game while my girlfriend layed in the bedroom having contactions waiting to go to the hospital. The family always comes first, and when you feel thats how it is in your mind, you can start to give BB some of your time again!

Best of luck.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and I still wanted to beat you. At least once, lucker! Cool

Good luck for your baby. You are about to have a great time!
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Lo wrote:
Balance. As a dad, hubby and all that too. You just need to find the new center.

Good Luck

Lo

yeah well said there it is.

I have a friend hes a priest, and has done stuff like this too, stuff like giving away all hes movies and musik.

But as Lo said there is a balance and in your situation im sure your right to make the "bowl" tip a bit more towards your wife.

But dont throw everything away, im sure God wont be mad if you play some games here and there Smile

To make sure im not sounding like im bashing your religion, i would just like to add that i allso belive in god heh cant spell (chrisitian) but i am one Smile so no insults intended. It not the little things that matter, like going to church every sunday, or not to use bad language. Its the bigger things much bigger things, atleast i still feel like im religious and so does "he or she" im sure.

HF mate cya around again sometime soon, too bad you had to conceed but not the end of the world.
soerenkepler

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll await ur return Pete - and when you do, I´ll blast "the Imperial March" all over the neighbourhood in salute.

Peace,
Soeren
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
I'll miss you matey, White Isle won't be the same, who is going to kill all my best players now Smile

Hope to see you back shortly, maybe limit your self to a few games a week.

All the best,
Andrew.

Bah! He's just afraid that I would claim a winning record over him!

Morg had already expressed an interest in playing Smile

I am carer of my disabled partner. I also look after my two sons, one has an autistic spectrum disorder. I work full time.

A hobby is an important outlet.

Congrats and good luck Pete.

Remember, even if it only an hour or two a week a bit of "Dad time" is essential.

K

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I don't cheer.
Respect for the decision to concede, boo for the decision to retire.

Retiring the team means you don't have a grip on yourself. Just stop playing for a while, to need to send them down the flush.

I'm glad you found a reason to get a grip on important things, tho. Cheers, and good luck!

I respectfully disagree, being able to retire a team containing a 2 +AG, 2 +MA catcher shows the pixels arent as important to him as other things, like the wife

but as an aside... dont have kids! look what it did to poor steve! Wink Laughing Wink

Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
already PM'ed you, though i thought id write a little here too!

You are always one of the guys I look forward to seeing on the chat (usually the ones I slap!), the others being Peter_Thorpe (im too cheeky to him!), Topper28, Synn and Fama, and my old mate Mr__Wizard (I wont mention the artist formerly known as Philip1... his head is big enough as is, showing me that S5 dwarf daily!), but thats an aside really

Ive also curbed my desire to play BB, Im lmost 2 months without a game in FUMBBL, and Im in a better state of mind from it!

Please keep me informed about PeteW Jr, Im guessing after 6 months he/she will be able to beat Peter_Thorpe comfortably, and as I said before, if you do resign yourself to naming (if a boy) after Thorpe, you could do worse than "Creature from the Black Lagoon" Wink

If he named his child after me, its probably be the same as when i was born, with two 6's on the back of his head Smile for god sakes dont name the child peter! lmao

but on a serious note, its a true shame to see you go pete, thanks to you i joined here in the first place, probably the same reason i play today, you was, like brownrob says, the one person that everyone enjoys seeing on irc, and fumbbl in general, i have a feeling me, rob, the admins, all of us, are going to miss you trashing the tournaments, and making bloodbowl what it should be...fun

oh and by the way, why didnt you get the team switched to me! waaaaa!!!
haha