20 coaches online • Server time: 04:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate myself.

But don't tell him I do!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Spiro, does this mean that you won`t call me cheater anymore?
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Define bad luck? How about streaks of bad luck? What constitutes this? I'll give examples that I have been experiencing myself over the past 5 days or so.

1 game the opposing player was able to get two blitzes and two perfect defenses in the same game against me. Obviously that made getting anything going offensively hard to do. I think I lost that one 6-0 because it was elves I was playing and they just ran by me got the ball and scored.

1 game I could never pickup the ball. I know I tried atleast 14 times including rerolls to pick it up and never could pick it up. I tied that game 0-0.

Another game I had knocked out or injured half an elf team but someone they still managed to beat me 2-3. Just jumping over me using that high agi to never get knocked over when moving away from a player.

Two games in a row with my Norseman I had half my team knocked out in both games but managed to tie both them games even with only 5 or 6 players left on the pitch.

I tried out a new skaven team just for fun tonight for instance. Against wood elves equal numbers....The first two moves knocked out two of my players and it went down hill from there lost that game 0-3. I retired the team because I had 2 permanent injuries and 4 knocked out for the next game. I think one died.

A game I just played just now. Was necro vs necro. Good game. Guess what 2 perfect defenses against me in the first half alone. Both wolves BH in the first half along with several others KOed along the way. Yet I still managed to tie somehow with some gutsy running by both my wights.

But to me it just seems like I have had one bad run of bad luck after another this week. I know sometimes I make some mistakes but most of the time even the other player agrees with me about the dice rolling badly against me.
spiro

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Zingr wrote:
To mock the paranoid Wink

Ok now am sure that most peples on fumbbl have paranoid about complaining, whining etc... i understand that cause most people very like easily winings but not i. I like hard matches when both opponents have equal chances, not where first coach throw only 4,5,6, second 1,2,3 and maybe sometimes 4 Rolling Eyes This is impossible that one coach during 16 round can't pass, catch, pick up the ball and in the same moment his opponent with khemri team, pick up the ball, pass to mummy and run to the TD heh. This is ridiculous nothing more.

I think most peoples here not played table bbowl and not know that's almost impossible throw 6,6,6 or 1,1,1 one by one and even somebody have that avalanche throws then not during two tourns but after 600 throws real dices or even more heh. It's a not complaining, it's a fact.

Btw Rolling Eyes Here everybody hates complaining Rolling Eyes but on first page is 1195 votes.
I know it's simply moralize here and talking about that what everybody wants hear.

P.S I think strange throws on fumbbl it's a really important problem cause admins given voting pool. Most peoples have problem but they scared that somebody say : I hate him Rolling Eyes, he is not cool, bleeeeh, etc... this is childish criticism .

Motskari wrote:
Spiro, does this mean that you won`t call me cheater anymore?

I don't know how i call u when i will be nervous, i think that cheater is not very bad word. Razz

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.

Last edited by spiro on %b %06, %2007 - %20:%Apr; edited 3 times in total
spiro

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MadMac321 wrote:
Mattius wrote:
People who feel they have to comment on every single peice of bad luck they get durng a match.

I know alot of forum members hate complainers. But I do not think every comment on bad luck is complaining.

If someone has horrible luck so they do not even get a turn, what else are they going to talk about? How happy they are? They have not been able to do anything else but fall down.

If they are not allowed to comment on their bad luck, they should just sit quietly at home alone and not bother the other player?

It seems to me if I am just walking away with the game - scoring TD, injuring players, and just racking up the SP that it does not cost me anything if the other player complains about his luck.

Most the time when this is happening I agree with him.

If I dont like it I can just not read the comments. I don't expect the other guy to be happy about sitting at home for an hour watching me play a game while he does little more than stand his guys up like bowling pins.

I agree.
And this is not a childish utterance. Rolling Eyes

MadMac321 wrote:
Most the time when this is happening I agree with him.

Something more, i agree with him and i say about this, that's typical throws on fumbbl cause on real dices that's impossible.

MrNomad wrote:
Define bad luck? How about streaks of bad luck? What constitutes this? I'll give examples that I have been experiencing myself over the past 5 days or so.

1 game the opposing player was able to get two blitzes and two perfect defenses in the same game against me. Obviously that made getting anything going offensively hard to do. I think I lost that one 6-0 because it was elves I was playing and they just ran by me got the ball and scored.

I wonder mate what u thinking about this, is it normal ?
Imho : i don't think so.

Last edited by spiro on %b %06, %2007 - %14:%Apr; edited 4 times in total
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i think if you search the forum for "hack" and "cheat", you'll find some threads where one particular coach proved that it was possible to cheat - SkiJunkie has made some changes to the client to make it a lot harder since then. I'm pretty sure that it is still possible to cheat, but why you would want to, I don't know.

I've certainly seen people roll triple skulls / pows in tabletop games, despite playing no more than 50 of them all up. When you think about it, it's really not that rare (1/216 for each of those results, and how many dice are rolled in a single game?). The thing is that most coaches will rarely attempt to make multiple 6+ rolls. 1/216 is too small a probability of success to be a good play in any but the most desperate circumstances, hence, they don't actually come up all that often.

PS: Not liking people that complain, and deciding not to vote in a poll are two very different things.

PPS: this seems like a rehash of another topic i posted in, and now i can't quite remember why i started writing this post Razz

spiro

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
i think if you search the forum for "hack" and "cheat", you'll find some threads where one particular coach proved that it was possible to cheat - SkiJunkie has made some changes to the client to make it a lot harder since then.

Nice utterance Twisted Evil Shocked no comment

Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i once had a snotling knock down a troll on a -3die block, he rolled 3 defender stumbles

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
Something more, i agree with him and i say about this, that's typical throws on fumbbl cause on real dices that's impossible.

You have a peculiar definition of the word "impossible".
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Story about dice in real life:

When i was living in China, I had to travel for work to the city of QingDao. That night, I went to the club next to my hotel and ended up joining a Mexican expat and his Chinese translator. Now we happen to be the only foreigners inside this bar and we are having a grand ole time getting hammered.

Well... all of a sudden there was a bunch of activity on the stage. Turns out that in QingDao, they have a bar game where everyone who pays into the "pot" (by buying a beer and placing it on stage) gets to roll 6 dice into a fishbowl. The person with the highest score stays up until beaten. After thirty minutes, the person still on top gets ALL the beer.

So once the translator finished telling me this, I said why not. Grabbed three beers and headed to the back of the line. On my second roll, I proceeded to roll 32! (remember... 6 dice).

The line then doubled when everyone realized that one of two white boys was walking home with all their precious Budweiser (bleh). I ended up winning 150+ bottles (there were 8 cases to hold them).

So you see Spiro.... it is possible in real life to roll an "Avalanche" of 1's or 6's.

__Synn
Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The moral of the story:
Alcohol makes your dice roll better.
Meech

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
You are caught up in a large samplesize and a selective memory.

I got your large sample size hanging!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
The moral of the story:
Alcohol makes your dice roll better.

Actually it is this : Even with 150 bottles of beer Synn went home alone.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:

Actually it is this : Even with 150 bottles of beer Synn went home alone.

Razz Smile Very Happy Laughing

Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate you meech Twisted Evil

__Synn
 Jump to: