49 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I don't expect a representative survey, however:
blood, Blood, BLOOD!
27%
 27%  [ 145 ]
I only foul for tactical reasons because thats when I can get away with it
45%
 45%  [ 242 ]
I fit the elf stereotype
12%
 12%  [ 65 ]
Fouling makes me feel Manly (no gender offense intended)
7%
 7%  [ 38 ]
I join Werewolf games to burn innocents FTW!
7%
 7%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 528

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sysiphos wrote:
Kyyberi wrote:
What if I like to kill players? What if I like blood? You decline my fun?

You have 15 turns for that!

That is at least 15 blitzes, 3 blocks and 15 fouls Wink

3 blocks? One block in every 5 turns...? Wink

I have never done T16 foul in Ranked. I just asked those to give another point of view. One thing in FUMBBL that I dislike is the number of people who are trying to tell others how to play. And almost every time it has something to do with fouling. I haven't seen many threads about oneturners, claw+rsc monsters etc. And yet they are more annoying than foulers imo.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been here long, but it kinda occurs to me that alot of opposition to T16 fouling in particular and fouling in general is the very name 'fouling'. It feels mean when its called that. If it were called, say, groundwork and DP was renamed Judo Master I dont think people would mind it as much.

OK, those are sucky names and better ones could probably be thought of.
nin

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
What if I like to kill players? What if I like blood? You decline my fun?

yes (I know I was not addresed, but can't resist)
if it's me having fun or you having fun I choose me (weird Wink )
...but even tr16 fouls can be fun for both coaches

it's a matter of skill, if you can't make others like your playstile people will finally avoid paying you

EDITING: oops I meant "playing" where it reads "paying"
(getting payed for playingwould be horrible, all those lives wasted here... all those genius there, playing Bloodbowl instead of making a better world...)

Last edited by nin on %b %12, %2007 - %16:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
nin

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
Haven't been here long, but it kinda occurs to me that alot of opposition to T16 fouling in particular and fouling in general is the very name 'fouling'. It feels mean when its called that. If it were called, say, groundwork and DP was renamed Judo Master I dont think people would mind it as much.

OK, those are sucky names and better ones could probably be thought of.

hey, that was sugested before in this forum Wink
grats, was a nice idea
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The perfect turn 16 foul
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:

it's a matter of skill, if you can't make others like your playstile people will finally avoid paying you

Had to quote this one. No one ever payed me anything. Maybe it IS the playstyle thing...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an interesting experience last night that combines my attempt to still grasp the nuances of the game and what might be a bit of a double standard.

Suffering a bit and my opponent about to score on turn 15 and make it 2-0, his first action was to move his ballrunner all the way to the goal- minus one space. He then went on a spree, crushing everything he could, even though he had the game wrapped up and putting more of my players back in the dugout was pointless except to earn SP. I felt kinda stung as I watched helplessly as he put a couple of my guys out of commission, one of which he pushed into the crowd (No SP earned), 2 of which took stat decreases (can't remember if both were on that turn, but it was bloody). By the end of all of it, I only had four guys left on the field and no chance of changing the result. On his turn 16, he scored.

On my final turn 16, I did everything to try and score a casualty in the hopes of salvaging something from the match. Again, i'm kinda getting back into the game after years of being away, so my noobishness showed as I tried to foul his troll which i'd just knocked down. I didn't succeed in knocking him out of the match, but as we wrapped up, he said "Well, I guess I'm never playing *you* again".

It took me a few seconds to realize my taboo, but he was gone before I apologized. Then I thought about the gratuitous asskicking he just gave my team when it was complete overkill, and decided that no apology was necessary. In any case, maybe it's good that I won't play him again.

Either way, no more turn 16 fouls for me, but wasn't that guy kinda in the wrong as well?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I do like RagingGoblin's profile.

so far we have no self declared elves (of the wimpish kind)

Sysiphos, I know it's not a new topic. I know turn 16 fouls don't achieve much (unless a player is reclining on the floor in an inconvinient place). However, there is no good reason not to do them either.

Wreckage, I don't suck at this game (IMHO lol)

Very true .... we live in a free society where anyone can be an ass if they choose to.

Last edited by Mully on %b %12, %2007 - %16:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Manbush

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Turn 16 fouling is like most things: either you see the fun in it, or you don't. However, there can be purpose to it, and I have purpose each and every time I do it. That purpose is my goal of reaching the Zen Master Fouler award. Every foul I make brings me one closer, and a foul on turn 16 means I can add to my goal without it impacting my game. A player sent off in turn 16 will not affect the result of the game.

I undersand that some coaches don't like this, so to be fair I will give you some tips on impeding my goal. If you don't want me to foul you on turn 16, concede the game. In fact, if you concede the game early, you could help to bring down my casualties per game stats and my blocks per game stats too. So, if you want to hurt me by hurting my statistics and awards progress, you know what to do. Concede and hurt me! By doing this you will also swell my teams' TR by giving them lots of cash and forcing me to play more developed teams

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sysiphos wrote:
The only valide point for a t16 foul in an open environment is if you can achive a 2nd cas with it for the +1 on the ff roll...

You dont need a good reason not to do them anyway... you know, people talk and they talk about t16 foulers... and the numbers of coaches who like to play ya decreases...

generally the number of fun games goes up, though this is only a trend. Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I know turn 16 fouls don't achieve much (unless a player is reclining on the floor in an inconvinient place). However, there is no good reason not to do them either.

So, you know that there is a good chance that performing the action will p*ss off the other coach.

You know that you have little if anything to gain from the action.

You go ahead and perform the action anyway.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Having had issues with Fan Factor.... If I have one cas and it's turn16...I will foul every time. And if you don't well....you either have tons of FF...or you are an idiot.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Darn straight. (My point is that it shouldn't annoy the other guy)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
peke

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought there was a search function on these forums...

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

if i enjoy the game and so does the opponent im more likely to T16 foul, shouldnt take fouling so seriously, its not like Im fouling your children or pet goldfish is it?

Though there is a fine line between cool and uncool for fouling...

I do foul heavily (now), but there are the people who really bug me who foul a lot, people who have shocking bad win %, play down huge TR/TS, who wont play other foulers or bashers, and pick on noobs and elves, whine about how their fouls suck and use badly worked out statistics to prove their point Laughing ,

There are the heavy foulers who are lots of fun to play, paulhicks and wuhan are 2 Ive played, but i dont play much, but gerbil, burnalot, Synn and kwek are all good cool guys to play as well (by general concensus) and they foul lots
Then there is zerkalo, cookie_shark and buskopanz Wink
 Jump to: