25 coaches online • Server time: 12:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2007 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Antipodal Regional Shield - Round One

Karak Varn Anvils 2 - 1 Black Network

Very interesting game in the end. The game started with the Network rolling knuckledusters for a handicap and giving it to their blodging wight, Terebor and the Anvils being granted a Rune of Stone by their runesmith which was bestowed upon Dalo Earthblade.

The Network decided to receive, and after a pass from deep they started a running game down the right hand side of the pitch. The dwarven armour held up quite well apart from a few stuns and a single KO but the Anvils ended up over-committing leaving the Network to use their extra pace to escape down the opposite flank. The Anvils gave chase injuring a wight (who regenerated) and KOing a wolf which encouraged the Network to score which they did, leaving the Anvils a good five turns to go for the equaliser.

With the Network getting a Blitz! result on the kick-off it wasn't looking promising for the Anvils. Eventually the Anvils managed to set up a trademark drive with Sug Grimlode carrying the ball. The play got held up at the halfway line but with the re-rolls running out on the Network it led to two failed blocks in two consecutive turns and the Anvils making a break for the endzone. Fianlly scoring on the last turn of the half.

Now the second half is where the game got interesting. The Network had obviously been working hard in defensive training, with them rolling a perfect defense. With the ball scattering to just off the halfway line and with Chosen of the Baneson putting a tackle zone on the ball it looked difficult for the Anvils. They set up a defensive line of guards by the ball and proceeded to try and clear it, blitzing the golem in the process. With the ball free Sug again went for the ball, but this time snakes tripped him as he went for some extra pace. The ball scattered to just behind him and the rest of the defensive line so things didn't look too bad. The Network tried to move the ball by pushing a couple of dwarves into it but fortunately for the Anvils it stayed relatively safe. Eventually Sug grabbed the ball and took it into a pocket. The Network were playing brilliantly, zombies tieing up most of the longbeards while the wolf and friends pestered the ball carrier. The Anvils ended up having to make a break for it down the left side of the pitch. It was at this point that some ill advised 1d blocks from the Anvils coach put them in more difficulty than was really necessary. A longbeard one turn rolling skull, skull with a blitzer following suit next turn to allow the Network to get their tackler free to chase down the ball carrier. Two turns the Network got a 2d on Sug, but somehow he just wouldn't go down. Eventually the rest of his team caught up with him allowing Sug to go for the endzone with the Network tied up by longbeards and blitzers. Finally scoring in the last turn.

2-1 to the Anvils really isn't a fair score. The Network should have taken the victory here with only some real luck after a couple of terrible mistakes saving the Anvils. They shall have to improve for the next round if they want to go any further in the tournament!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2007 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Middenheim Challenge 8/07 - round 2
Gothenburg Geckos vs Ganfral's Boys

-----------------------------------------------------
I'm not quite sure what just happened. Me - mr Dicerape - went up against one of the meanest teams I have seen on this TR level with my crippled lizards. My 11 sauruses and poorly armored skinks were facing razor sharp claws to the left and right, a dirty player was ready to further the injuries and to top it off Gladian also controlled a terrifying blitzer in the block skilled minotaur Da Bist. And I won. I even dominated the match. And I'm not even going to try to hide it. I was very, very lucky.

The TR difference enabled me a handicap and Ganfral's Boys had to suffer from Bad Press. Quite suitable for a team where virtually all skills are aimed at maiming the opponents.

Right from the start I got lucky. A blitz enabled me to tie up the LOS. I ran in my freebooted skink to dodge my way to the drop point of the ball. I failed my 4+ dodge which I had counted on, so he now served my ulterior motive...foulbait. The bloodthirsty dp Stoichkov couldn't contain himself and lined his beastmen collegues up for a gangfoul. He KO'd the poor little skink, but got himself ejected in the process. One threat removed.

Gladian suffered from really mean dices in his blocking game which lead to the sauruses dominating the LOS struggle and in the process I managed to get the ball into the hands of Goqchi. A dodge and some blocks and he was on his way to the end zone line while the rest of the squad blocked the opponents path. Somewhere in the process I also managed to foul out the evil Koeman (rsc/block) which reduced the potential bloodshed even further.

The TD was completed and I left a skeleton troop at the LOS while the rest of my players made sure that Ganfral's Boys didn't pulled off a 2 turner. In the process Da Bist was KO'd. I couldn't believe my luck.

The defense worked out and after the half time break it was revealed that both Da Bist and a skilless chaos warrior were still suffering from their KO's which left Gladian with an outnumbered but potentially bashy team.

I recieved the kickoff and the kick was bad, so I took the chance to skill-up my last saurus by putting the ball with him. The LOS bashing went as planned and I soon got his bashers tied up with my sauruses while two skinks upheld two beastmen on my side of the pitch. The remaining players caged their way towards the end zone.

During a few turns the luck shifted in a dramatic way. Just when everything looked as safe as it could be a chaos warrior dodged himself lose from the LOS skirmish and stunned one of the cage guards. I didn't worry much, because I had 3 rerolls left and an easy 2d block to dispose of him, so I took the chance to bash on a beastman in the LOS first. Double skulls turned into quadruple skulls and I choked a bit...this was the dices I am used to and despite a brilliant position the match could still be lost.

The cage was halted when the chaos warrior and a beastman harassed them and managed to knock the ball out of the hands of my saurus. When my side stepping skink which picked the ball up the following turn was KO'd which put the ball over the edge of the pitch and scattering behind my own LOS (where a chaos warrior, 2 beastmen and my 2 teeny little skinks resided) I started to feel that this would be yet another cruel twist from Nuffle. But I managed to free up my LOS players and surround the ball. The last couple of turns became a desperate struggle for the ball, but my defensive cage held out and I won a match that I suspected would result in the retirement of my team.

Thanks for the match, Gladian. I feel your pain...I have been on your side far too many times. You took it like a sport though and whined a hell of a lot less than what I would do in your position.
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2007 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello OCCS coaches!

Among such coaches I am really proud to win this year's World's Edge Mountains Ogre-Ade Challenge.

The way started with a very entertaining match against Pirog's Undead where we made a side-competition in unluck as previous serie of matches showed both of us having a chance for it. I lost this badly but won the match.

Next I clashed CanvasBack's Undead, a match I was not very self confident facing the OCCS leader team. A game packed with unblvbl situations. The tie after overtime was resolved in my favour.

Before coming up with details of the final I have to say thank to McMagnus and his Mithril Ordern who really softened my opponent in the semi-final. They killed a Guard CD, a Block,+MA Hob and MNGd a Guard CD...

lauth's Badland Bandits received the kickoff. In the end of everything-works Turn 2 a blitz on the Hobgoblin ball carrier stopped Badland's advance at mid-field. Bulls were already securing the way deep in my half, and with only 2 Hobs on the pitch the only chance of the Bandits was to regain the ball and get away with it. They failed and an Orc Blitzer picked up instead. He tried to run into safety via GFIs which ended in tripping up all the time, but he recollected the ball every time unbelievably. While he was struggling with himself, some Bandit players arrived and the final action to score was a mid-heroic one die block and a dodge - fortunately no more GFI in the blizzard was needed.

Last turn of first half was adjusted to 2 turns at the kickoff, but a doubleskull ended the Bandit turn prematurely, so no tie.

Second half started with a touchback and the ball went to a BlackOrc, who was guarded by the rest of the team and advanced step by step. Quite tipical from Orcs... Finally ST5 Bull blitzed him but the ball went to a secure position surrounded by Orcs. Next turn the Thrower picked it up and headed for the TD zone. By that time CDs, Hobs and even a Bull rested in the Dugout, for the rest of the team no chance to stop the second TD in the last turn.

Great part of the win is that my Troll performed well, Badland Troll stood stupid for most of the time. Though Orc armour broke and flesh was torn many times, however, it was not that bad as for CD and Hob armour and flesh.
bampf

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2007 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Antipodal Regional Shield

2nd Round Action: The ogres of Thugs Inc vs Ebenezar's Necros, Five Rings

The Necros of Five Rings started the game by receiving and making a strong offensive push down the right side with Wight Kakita Benkei carrying the ball behind a zombie and wolf cage. The ogres reacted very deftly and swarmed the push with bodies. A turn 1 Blitz sent a Wolf into the KO bin further increasing the defensive pressure. The Rings pushed further forward, but the Thugs were able to free up an Ogre for a big blitz on the ball. The hit not only knocked the ball free but injured the wight (who quickly regenerated). In addition the ball bounced into the stands and some excited goblins tossed the ball to ogre, Gio... who, with a perplexed look on his face cradled the ball and rumbled downfield.

With 2 of the Rings 4 agile players out, the Thugs were able to gang up on the remaining wight and wolf while Gio rumbled in for a defensive score. With no time left to score back the necros were able to foul an ogre off the field before half but still faced a daunting proposition of having to take the ball back from the ogres in the second half.

However a Blitzing kickoff action gave the necros new hope, allowing them to swarm the ball. The sneaky goblins managed to weave amongst tackle zones to procure the ball as both teams merged into a giant scrum around the ball. The ball was knocked free time and time again as both teams struggled for an advantage in the swirling mass. Zombies and goblins were repeatedly knocked from the field. Eventually, Louie, the AG3 Dodging Ogre managed to scoop the ball as the Thugs tried to grind out the last couple ticks of the clock. With a concerted effort, Louie was eventually brought down, and a wolf scrambled to the end zone looking for a tying TD pass, but alas the wight was unable to free himself from the pack to make the last ditch attempt and buzzer sounded.

The Thugs managed to eek out an ugly victory... but that s how they like em.

Thanks to Ebenezar for a very close, hotly contested game! Thugs Inc look forward to smashing jkarr s orcs next round!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2007 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcland Wooden Shield 8/07 - round 1
Wrath of Amu Nesehu vs Scottish Claymores

----------------------------------------------------
My rather weak khemri team (no blitz-ra's) faced the Scottish Claymores in the first round. A possible slaughter since they lack armor, but also a very risky match since I lack just about all other skills than just bashing. And at the start of the match I failed even at that. The norsemen got the kickoff and the sluggish khemri lost the advantage by a bad blocking game. I did my best to tie up the ball carrier, but my skilless skeletons were outbashed and my mummies tied up. It looked grim for a while, with the Claymores running in an early TD, me having 4 KO's including a mummy and what looked like could be the beginning of a bad luck streak. But fortunately things changed.

Despite losing a 2nd mummy due to a failed Morley's Revenge roll and missing 3 out of 4 KO recovery rolls I got a bonus that would turn the tide of the match. The ref! A string of casualties and fouls cut the norsemen short and to my own surprise I managed a hand over to a skeleton which could run in a TD in the last turn of the first half, leaving the norsemen crippled for the 2nd half. To add further salt to the wounds I succeeded with all my KO rolls while the Claymores failed, leaving the khemri with a full squad and the norsemen with just 6 players. And it was my turn to recieve the ball.

A succesful pick-up enabled me to slowly grind my cage through the pitch while the rest of my squad worked on clearing the pitch of opponents. The Claymores fought with Scottish fearlessness, but with so few against so many they never managed to knock my ball carrier down. In the end only one norseman was left on the pitch when I walked in my 2nd TD in my last turn.

A kick that landed in the end zone of the norsemen left them without even a theoretical chance to score.

Thanks for the match, SteelThunder. Brave effort! I'm glad that you managed to walk away from this without any SI's or RIP's. At least that's a little comfort Smile

The Wrath of Amu Nesehu are now awaiting the outcome of the other first round matches to see how they can best spend their money.[/b]
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Middenheim Regional Challenge - Round One

Middenheim Mausoleum 2 - 1 Dandelion Lovers

This game turned out to be brutal, and it wasn't all elvish blood being spilt! The game started with the Mausoleum receiving and lauth81's teams continued with their excellent defense, this time with the help of a Blitz! kick off result. This allowed the elves to swarm the ball and the undead weren't quite sure how they were going to clear it. Rather than think about it too long they started off with the mummies trying to squish a few elves, Eldwulf managing a kill with his first hit of the game (luckily the apoth was on hand to fix up the unfortunate elf). They then attempted to block as many elves away from the ball as possible and surround it with blodging ghouls.

The game devolved into a maul arround the ball. It was here that the undead shined though with their greater armour allowing them to trade blows with the elves and send a good few of them to the KO box. Eventually the undead collected the ball and drove for the endzone. With few elves left (5 KO by this point) Ingild decided to stall the TD till the end of the half, allowing his teamates to try to hurt a couple more elves. They didn't manage many more but were able to run in a simple TD in the final turn.

The Lovers then attempted a push one-turner but the fans seemed to be against it, with a rock taking out Fern who was the only player in the backfield for the Lovers. Second half and all of the Lovers were back from the KO box. Much to the disappointment of the Mausoleum who knew that a full elvish squad was always going to be too much for them. When things started with a couple of zombie deaths on the line (luckily they both regenerated) the Mausoleum were even more worried. Out bashed by elves!? However would they live it down! The undead could do little to stop the elvish attack so it was all about trying to force an early score. A bit of pressure meant the ball wasn't completely safe for the elves and Ivy ran in the TD on turn three.

With a good six turns left the Mausoleum thought they stood a fairly good chance. They proceeded to secure the ball and try to bash a hole in the Lover's line. The mummies didn't do an especially good job and it was left to Pergolax to apply the boot. He seemed to get a bit carried away and his brutality (along with the fans obvious displeasure first half) convinced Fern that he'd be better off as a zombie for the Mausoleum. The elves retaliated with a boot to a wight but he was only KOed. The elves applied a lot of pressure to the back of the cage and with a few turns left the undead decided to make a break for it. They tried to tie up as many elves as possible and make the route through awkward but this was only possible if two ghouls could manage to dodge away from their markers. Fortunately they did and it looked tough for the Lover's to get to the ball.

The elves had other ideas though, pushing a mummy aside and dodging a few players through several TZs to first get an assist on the ball carrier, then blitz him and finally get someone there to pick it up. With the ball in the hands of the wardancer, Ivy and their last tackler tied up it was down to Eldwulf to blitz in the hope of a POW. Nuffle shined on him and the POW appeared, plus the ball scattered to a free sqaure. Cedric then scooped the ball up and ran in the TD.

Was a very close end to a tense game. Thanks to lauth81 for being such a good sport in both our games. The luck was often against him and he took it well. Looking forward to meeting again in future tournies.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Amorical Regional Playoffs
Blitzburgh Stealers 3 - 2 Jaded Jingoists

This was one of the longest BB games I have ever had, 2 hours and 15 minutes. And yet it was perhaps one of the best games I have ever had in BB.

The game itself was 2 hours, and about 15 minutes came from 2 short breaks (including reload) as my router has some IP issues every hour. I have to thank bampf for having the patience to do those 2 reloads.

The most bizarre thing in this game was bampf's unhuman (unelf?) ability to dodge. I think he failed 2 dodges (turnover) in the whole game, and one was very crucial in OT. But other than that he just made all the 2+ and 3+ rolls needed. And I can say that he made a LOT of them. 4-5 dodges per turn in average, I think. This was compensated by poor blocking, many times he just rolled pushes to my Stand Firm Bobs.

The first half started with my kick. Almost stopped the td, but bampf scored on turn 6. That left me 2 turns to score, and with my ag4 Blitzer I managed to tie the game. So it was looking quite good as I got the numbers advantage (Morley's was the sole handicap), and I received on 1-1 situation.

Bampf lined his only Dragon Warrior to LoS, so I decided to try to get him out of the game. As my AG4 Blitzer had Blodge, and bampf had only 2 Tacklers left, that seemed like a good idea. I managed to take him down, and setted up a good gang foul. Then I misclicked my Blitzers movement (who was coming to assist the DP foul), and was forced to take one gfi. Snakies.

So the ball was unpicked, and basicly I was in bad situation. Few turns later bampf scored 2-1, and I got little over half of the 2nd half to tie the game.

Kickoff result was Injuty Time, so I had only 4 turns to score. My AG4 Blitzer scored the 2nd of his evening in turn 16, after some fierce positioning battle.

The last 2 OCCS games I have played, I have won on OT. And both times I have received. So I guessed that this time I was the one to kick, and I was right.

Bampf got 1 reroll on the T16 kickoff, but he was forced to burn it on unexpected double skulls on OT turn 1.

Overtime was quite a battle. I had 2 players more than bampf, and as I managed to injure one I had 3 more. As both coaches had 0 rerolls, there were no room for errors. Finally bampf failed a dodge, and it was Dragon Warrior with the ball rolling snake eyes on 2+ dodge. The long waited fail came in the worst place. There was few turns of positioning battle as both teams wanted to make sure that opponent would have hard times picking the ball. Then bampf decided to take command, and picked the ball with 5+ roll, no rerolls. He thought about punting the ball, but hang on to it. Then I couldn't knock the ball carrier down, and I just made the possible dodging as hard as possible. My Stand Firm players were up to the money, as that prevented bampf from pushing his ball carrier to freedom. He decided to pass a short pass to a team mate with just one tz on him. This time it was my turn to get lucky, as my Bob intercepted the ball with 10+ roll!

With numbers advantage I managed to move the ball and scored on last turn with gfi.

The game was very tight from start to finish, and bampf had good chance to win it on regular time or in OT. The snakies on dodge and my 10+ intercept won me the game.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>OCCS OWS Round 1, This should have been a stunty - Titty Twisters</b>

Khemri vs Orc, 123/115 vs 113/104

Small things, like missing one point in TR to get a Handicap should prove to be the key differences in this game.
The Khemris started with their offense and inflicted two early casualties in T2 which for sure didn't help the Twisters in the ongoing game. The apo was held back that early for more severe injuries on key-players which proved to be unnecessary in the end. The drive went slowly forward as the Twisters managed to lock the ball carrier or to get him down one time. But all these effort didn't help as the Khemris had no problems in pickung up the ball the whole game. With the help of some 1d-Blocks the Twisters found theirselves in the position of having a free shot on the ballcarrier in T7 and to be able to push him out. The only problem was the troll refusing to start any action. 1 - 0 and half time.
There is not much to say about the 2nd half. The Twisters fumbled the ball on a pass and weren't able to recapture the ball until T15. The Gobbo managed to sneak away the ball just to throw an inaccurate longbomb to the waiting receiver. A 1d Skull put an early end to T8. No score and game lost.
It seems like that the luck is not with the Twisters when it comes down to the key actions.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion Regional Challenge 8/07 - round 2
Gothenburg Gitz vs P.E Public Enemy

----------------------------------------------------------
The Gitz were primed and ready for the Albion Regional Challenge and had recieved a free pass in the first round. The greenskins looked to have an edge over Public Enemy with a stronger team and a wizard to break those cages, but this was one of those days when the margins were just not with them.

The Gitz were crippled from turn 1 after their AG 4 key player Smirk was taken out by the Virus handicap. Despite this they had a good line-up and they quickly managed to cut off the dwarves and force them back. Another important player was lost early in the black orc Bash, but the Gitz had managed to take out a hobgoblin and the minotaur Terminator X on a foul so it still looked good. The margins were with the chaos dwarves though. A 1 dice block with my strip ball blitzer on his ball carrier turned out to be a skull and with only a few turns to spare Distributor of Pain made a run for it. Here was when I did my biggest mistake. I should have used my wizard to take him down with a lightning bolt. Instead I blitzed him with another strip ball blitzer. The block succeeded, but it wasn't enough. DoP could rise up, push him out of the way and score a TD using his 3 GFI's in the final seconds of the first half.

In the 2nd half the Gitz recieved, but their blocking game worked badly. Skulls and arrows was all the dices had to offer and they quickly started to get chopped up by the dices. Nuffle dangled the hope of a tie in front of me on several occasions. I used my wizard to take down a whole bunch of dwarves with a fireball, but when I ran in and scooped the ball up double failed the GFI to take him to safety...just inches away from the end zone line. In the end I joked with SteelThunder and asked him to at least fail one semi-important roll in the match. He fulfilled my wish when he missed a GFI on his ball carrier, which enabled me to a desperate throw over half the field but as expected the margins weren't helping me in this match.

Thanks for the match, SteelThunder. I thought I would take you out with the wizard and all, but in Blood Bowl nothing can be taken for granted Smile
Good luck in the tournament!
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, double post

Last edited by BlackOrc on %b %16, %2007 - %00:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2007 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Schaftrift Elf vs Whole frenzied reimar vs BlackOrc, WoodElf vs Dwarfs

A Kickoff to almost the TD zone from the Dwarfs with no hope to get there in two turns allowed the Elfs to attack heavily. Watching the Elf fury the Dwarfs were intimidated to fight back, and the block few they made were totally harmless.
Then with a succesful row of GFIs the Elf ball carrier was taken down and the ball bounced in the very hands of the blitzing Longbeard. Just to realize that he is keft alone in a circle of Elfs. He stood his ground, but no relief group arrived (GFI did not work this time) and the short guy was helped into the crowd. The Dwarfs still were disassemled and the second Elf rush with the ball ended with a TD in turn 6.

With 3 turn and no ReRoll the Dwarfs were desperate but the short break before the kickoff brought them back. Everything worked. A quick advance on the left distracted the Elfs from the right. Not that they could not reach the right side from the left side, but at least they looked to be far. The Dwarf Runner took the chance and crossed the pitch to the empty-looking part of the field and even got a mate defending him. With an unfollowable flash (to Dwarfs at least) a bunch of Elfs were taking on the ball carrying couple. Finally, with some placing and some pushes the ball carrier's way was cleared and ran to the TD zone.

This was the time when the dice changed sides. All GFIs and blocks worked, and a Wardancer was niggled while clearing the path.

Second half was a torture. Dwarfs received. With 11 Dwarfs and 8 Elfs on the field the ball was well secured. Though the Wardancer leapt in the multi-cage and threw a POW/SKULL on the Runner, the ball bounced to a well surrounded square. And this was the last succesful movement of the Elfs in turn 2. The remaining 6 turns were filled with doubleskulls, dodge Armour Rolls (in one of them the Wardancer was MNGd), and such.

It was rather no fun to roll in the Dwarf cage, and watching the Elfs to be reduced to 4 in the end (hurting themself mostly...). But I decided to stall this time to secure victory.
prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion Regional Challenge
OCCS August 2007
Semi Finals

da Average Joes - 3 vs 0 - Traumatic Tripleskulls

In a seemingly one sided match, the painfully normal da Average Joes beat Nurgle's Pride, the Traumatic Tripleskulls.

The Average Joes outnumbered the Tripleskulls 16 to 10 to start the game and things seemed bleak. After the 'Skulls kicked off to the Joes, they brought the ball up the field to near the LOS. In a desperate measure to knock the ball lose, 'Skulls star Scumwart makes a driving Blitz, taking out the ball carrier and knocking the ball lose. Unfortunately Scumwart is left out of position and surrounded by Joes, who quickly knock him down and proceed to gang foul, giving him a much needed SI and break for the rest of the game (and the next one, no perm. injuries!)

The Joes quickly recover the ball but the next few turns result in 3 BH's by the Traumatic Team but it is not enough to stop them from scoring. The 3 missing players, the Joes bench is deep enough to cover the losses and a full team takes the field against 9 of Nurgles Finest.

The game proceeds with the the Joes pushing around the Rotters enough to allow them to score 2 more times to the 'Skulls none. There were no real injuries, in fact the Joes failed to score even a single CAS.

Good game to coach Kyyberi, I assume we will get to have a rematch game over in the Amorical Regional Playoffs!

prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Amorical Regional Playoffs 8/07

Tor Anroc Talons 2 - 0 Disciples of Entropy

What a game!

The Elves of the Tor Anroc Talons coached by gildor_inglorion used their speed and agility to out play coach Prophane and his Chaos team the Disciples of Entropy.

The Disciples came into the game down several points in TR but up several points in TS. They hoped to capitalize on 2 handicaps and sheer brute strength to win the Semi Final game.

The game started with the handicaps Illegal Drugs (which the Disciples took +AG on their Pass Blocker) and The Greatest, and there was a Blizzard blowing!

The Disciples of Entropy kicked off to the Elves and immediately they began their move. Quickly moving up the field and getting some good blocks, they put the foul down trying to even up the numbers a bit. The Chaos fought back, blocking and fouling as well, but to no avail, the first half ended 1-0 for the Elves, though the number advantage was growing in favor of Chaos.

The second half started with the Elves kicking to the Chaos, the blizzard still blowing. Several blocks with no good results and trouble picking up the ball seemed to define the Disciples offense. Several pushes downfield were stopped by very precise tactical moves, blocks and dodges by the slippery elves. The ball was traded back and forth a few times and the Chaos hoped for a tie and then OT, but that was not to be. A blitz on an Elf ball carrier near the sideline ended in a toss in that the fast and agile Elves were able to scoop up and score at the very end.

It was a good game, and a sound win for the Tor Anroc Talons, but at a steep price, as they will enter the finals with 3 players out, and 2 of them earning niggles as well.

Good luck in the final match Coach gildor_inglorion!

Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Antipodal Regional Shield 8/07 - round 2
Gothenburg Groggers vs Fool's Gold Miners

---------------------------------------------------------
The Groggers had a horrible draw in the Antipodal Shield, going up against a dwarf team and then facing another team of dwarves in round 2. They had the fortune of having 2 DP's though and that scared the first round opponents into forfeiting their match.

In the 2nd round the Fool's Gold Miners waited though and with 14 players in their roster they were prepared to face some casualties. The Groggers had invested in a wizard though. A definate must when facing the cage specialists.

The preparations started in a good manner for the Groggers. The Miners reported that one of their players had reported sick from a virus and the norsemen won the kickoff which enabled them to start the offensive with a full squad.

A blitz opened up for a quick 2 turn TD attempt, but sadly the Groggers weren't very skilled at handling the ball this day. A regular pass that would have put the ball within reach for a quick TD was failed despite it being the team thrower Orin throwing to one of the catchers. The bad catch gave the ball into the hands of the dwarves, but a somewhat heroic blitz against a stronger opponent knocked it loose again. Another good attempt was found to score an early TD, but when one of the supporting norsemen ran up they slipped in the grass (despite reroll).

While the struggle close to the dwarven end zone line went on the big skirmish was at the LOS. Bo Sun was the first player to be carried off the pitch, badly hurt by the stout opponents. The Groggers fought back by any means though and disposed of one of the guardsmen through fouling. Snorre Svartskegge, the notoriously evil viking, landed a vicious kick in Thorin Silverbeck's private parts. The dwarf will miss his next match and likely the chance to ever have children.

The dwarves had now gotten control of the ball again and made their way across the pitch. Maldur Mjoedmumse suffered a heavy blow and was carried off the pitch together with one of the blitzers and a Haldar the catcher. The Miner's could run in a TD in turn 7 and in the following turn Snorre got himself ejected from the game after another gang foul.

The Grogger's had suffered some casualties and Haldar was still unconcious, but their coach had made sure to bring a lot of reserves so they could muster a full squad in the 2nd half. So could the Miner's, but that was less surprising.

In the 2nd half the Groggers found themselves in the unattractive position of having to defend while having to score to tie the match up. The LOS battle started good though. A brave blitz from the troll slayer Fili Quartz put him behind the Groggers lines and he could be tackled down for yet another gang foul. With Snorre ejected the honor came to the second dp, Orust Grottnorsk. The foul smelling and fouling viking made the crowd gasp in horror and delight when he pushed his thumb into Quartz's right eye, squishing the eye ball and effectively removing the opponent from the match. The ref obviously noticed the savage attack and ejected Grottnorsk from the match, but at this point the two dp's had taken out a guard and a troll slayer...a fair trade!

Now followed a period with heavy bashing which decimated both teams.
Myterimannen was injured early, but the hard hitting team captain Gunder O'Grogg knocked out the second troll slayer shortly after. Shortly after the blitzer Swen Plunder was punched out, but so followed the unaturally strong runner Holin Gismisson.

While the dwarves focused their energy on the LOS struggle the Groggers set up a two front attack on the ball carrier Loddarin Matsson. The blitz was succesful and the ball scattered into the hands of one of the vikings. A skirmish quickly broke out over control of the ball and yet again the norsemen showed lacking ball handling skills when they failed to catch a simple pass.

At this point the match went from being an even struggle to having the dwarves dominate completly. Through a reckless blitz which left the minotaur Big Feisty knocked out the Groggers broke their own spirit. In the following turns the vikings were battered and knocked out to the left and right and the dwarves could run for a second TD.

The few remaining Groggers did all they could to stop them, including sending a lightning bolt to down the ball carrier, but in the last seconds of the match the dwarven ball runner blitzed himself free of his opponents and sprinted in a TD. Or so it seemed. The exhausted dwarf slipped in the grass just inches away from the end zone line and managed a death defying fall face first into the ground. It was only though the means of the apothecary that the incident didn't end with a fatality. During this dramatic incident the remaining time ran out and the match ended 1-0 for the Miners.
---

Thanks for the match, Van Gorin! I very rarely enjoy playing dwarves but this was a fun and exciting match. As you said my wizard prevented caging and forced a more open match. It could have gone either way and after having a quite unlucky start I think the match evened out in the 2nd half.
The stupid blitz with the minotaur was the really defining moment of the match. You would probably have won anyway, but what the hell was I thinking, hehe...
Good luck in the tournament!

I was glad to skill-up despite only earning 5 SPP's, but sadly I rolled snake eyes on the veteran skill roll and niggled my team captain Sad
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2007 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Middenheim Challenge 8/07 - Semi-Final
Gothenburg Geckos vs Corpse Anathomy

-----------------------------------------------------
Matches like this can make you believe in karma. Me and Corpse Anathomy have history you see. Way back in october last year they booted my Gothenburg Gitz out of the Middenheim Challenge semi-final and the dices were on their side. Just last month they won the Middenheim Challenge by defeating my Gothenburg Groggers in the semi-final...in a match were my poor norsemen failed every armor roll throughout the entire match. He even recruited one of the Groggers and I know faced Snyggve Koelhale the zombie kicker on the pitch.

This time it was yet another semi-final of the Middenheim Challenge...but now it was retribution day.

I was a bit scared when game day came and the heat was sweltering. With only one skink reserve against Kyyberi's full bench it could prove fatal. When Kyyberi got a blitz on the kickoff I thought to myself that Nuffle will never allow me to beat this man...but from that point precisely everything went my way. The blitzing ghoul double failed a GFI and knocked himself out. My skinks quickly achieved an amazing dominance and despite lacking mighty blow they disposed of the Corpse Anathomy in a steady pace. The MA 10 AG 4 warewolf Trapezius was the first to go on what might have been my first blitz of the match. And it just kept coming with KO's and BH's that limited the opponents to standing up just to get knocked down again.

I didn't want to risk a freak turn around with the sweltering heat in play so I waited and scored in the last round of the first half. It would show to be a good decision, because I lost a bunch of players to it. But with just one more turn to go Kyyberi couldn't do anything more than to get a dp ejected on a failed gang foul.

In the 2nd half the Corpse Anathomy lined up their banged up team. They still had a decent chance, even if it wasn't good considering that I had a wizard reserved. To sprinkle some salt in his wounds I got a blitz on the kickoff. I had a feeling that I would succeed with anything I tried so I cheekily dodged a skink through his LOS and it sure enough snapped up the ball. Despite half of the opponent team charging back to get him they failed to get him prone. The Corpse Anathomy's lack of tackles was evident, but the lack of luck of course far more obvious.

It took care of getting the skink out when I dodged away from his flesh golem dive tackler. It left my skink KO'd, but with most of Kyyberi's players deep down on his own half of the pitch I had a great chance of surpressing them. The luck never turned around. Kyyberi had a very high rate of succesful dodges with his flesh golems, but they never amounted to anything and the rest of his team were just punching bags. Somewhere in the chaos I snapped up the ball again and safely parked in the end zone, caging in the 4 or 5 remaining undead players. The other 10 were either in the KO box or worse...

A fantastic day for the Geckos who gained a bunch of SPP's and skilled up two of their players for the final, but I always find it a bit sad when a tournament match gets decided by the dices.

Kyyberi was a great sport though and we got a good chat convo going to soothe out some of the frustration. I must say that it felt really nice to defeat this nemesis team, hehe. We are likely to meet up in the semi-final of the next Middenheim Challenge. It seems to be our thing Wink[/b]
 Jump to: