60 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Is it going to be a KO, Group RR, or Full RR?

If it's a full Round Robin, then 20 matches at 3 weeks per round will mean over a year to finish the first season.
True, well, if people keep to 3 weeks before finishing their game, which I'm sure most won't. And it being a big Season 1 is obvious, and hopefully interesting.
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
Gobbos without stars?
Are flings allowed to buy ingredients, or they are wizzard?

Flings are allowed to buy smelly stuff. Well, Goblins not allowed to hire S-Players...
bicarbonateofsteve

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="DukeTyrion"]Is it going to be a KO, Group RR, or Full RR?

If it's a full Round Robin, then 20 matches at 3 weeks per round will mean over a year to finish the first season.[/quote]

good point, now we've bullied you into re-allowing big guys : ) what about sorting out the scheduling rawmessiah... im interested but im not sure a year long league is that interesting, personally i like shorter allowances for time between games, depends on the coaches though..
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

RawMessiah wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Is it going to be a KO, Group RR, or Full RR?

If it's a full Round Robin, then 20 matches at 3 weeks per round will mean over a year to finish the first season.
True, well, if people keep to 3 weeks before finishing their game, which I'm sure most won't. And it being a big Season 1 is obvious, and hopefully interesting.

Trust me when I tell you someone will always play their match at the last possible moment.

And in a round Robin, the tournament progresses at the speed of the slowest coach.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need to rethink the whole concept RawM.

A 21 team RR with 3wk round times will really not work, or not work well unless you get the very best of the L division coaches and they have no RL interruption during the course of the league.

Take a look at the World Cup group that G_Force ran, it was a similar concept (I think).

Good luck!

edit::
Some options might be:
1) Use a KO tourney or Open RR formats
2) Seperate teams into smaller RR groups like Rock, Scissors, Paper then having the winners of these groups (The best of each Cat.) playoff against each other to settle on the overall victor (Best team).

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be surprised if you get this beyond 5 rounds (out of 21) without drop outs.
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
I think you need to rethink the whole concept RawM.

A 21 team RR with 3wk round times will really not work, or not work well unless you get the very best of the L division coaches and they have no RL interruption during the course of the league.

Take a look at the World Cup group that G_Force ran, it was a similar concept (I think).

Good luck!

edit::
Some options might be:
1) Use a KO tourney or Open RR formats
2) Seperate teams into smaller RR groups like Rock, Scissors, Paper then having the winners of these groups (The best of each Cat.) playoff against each other to settle on the overall victor (Best team).

I've thought about all the possible problems, and yes, there will probably be some people who'll be less serious, which is a bugger with Leagues(!). Your group-thing is a good idea though I'll keep to my first concept, Open Round, all against all. This way we will see who lasts and who goes on to win (and I really hope, haha, that word again, that it'll go to the last round without too many coaches gone "west").
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

would be better if all teams where randomly assigned to all coaches involved in a lottery draw, that way everybody is equal

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
would be better if all teams where randomly assigned to all coaches involved in a lottery draw, that way everybody is equal

Doing it this way has a negative effect (in my opinion): The teams wouldn't be at their most lethal as the coach might get a team they don't like to coach, which would then make the coach uninterested.

I do like the idea but I'm afraid it wouldn't work...
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:

That sounds like a good variation for the world cup.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: