38 coaches online • Server time: 16:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Markinthepast

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2009 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied looking forward to see if i can move up that leader board Wink
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2009 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Comeon guys.. only little more than 24 hours to apply and sofar only a little over 80 have applied after deduction of the banned and of those than didn`t understand the meaning of TR175.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2009 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I want my Fumbbl minor to end. Next week is deadline for finals.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2009 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Which means you probably cannot submit your undeads. So take something else?
clarkin

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2009 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately going to have to sit this one out; going away from thursday-monday this weekend so not sure i'd be able to play before the 1st deadline.

Next time gadget!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

2009, April 30th:

Yesterday night the third tourevent kicked off and for the first time, groups were seeded by tourpoints. Also for the first time this tour, four events were started meaning 128 coaches are competing for four titles.

Out of those 128 coaches, less than half had already participated in the tour. In numbers, 56 coaches had been registered from prior tourneys while 72 coaches made their debut this time. It`s maybe abit disappointing, that out of the 158 coaches that have already played at least once, only 56 showed up. So we will defenitly have alot of newcomers to storm the leaderboards and maybe a few will stick with the tour.

Due to the sheer number of teams, I will focus in my comments on the tourney #1for the first two rounds. There the coaches with the currently highest amount of tourpoints are competing. The renaming of the event hasn`t been accepted due to concerns, that it might devalue the 'lower' tourneys and that there might be confusion with PRO-TOUR and the PRO TR category. I will still use those names here though. As the fields narrows down, I will expand to take the other tourneys into account, too.

The tour competitors seem to share the feeling, that a bashy team seem to hold most promise for points. The racial spread of the PRO-TOUR event reflects this, with dwarves clearly coming out top. One out of every four teams is a dwarven side (8 teams) and of the remaining teams every fourth is a chaos dwarf team (6teams). These two races together with orcs (3), necromantics and undead (2 each) come close to 60%. On the other side, raw speed seems to be the weapon of choice against the dwarves, with humans and skaven each sporting three teams. Only three coaches opted for elves, with one team of the high, dark and woody kind. The first match of the tourney also saw the woodies being kicked out by dwarves right away. So can we expect another bashfest? It will also be interesting to see, how SillySod fares with his vamps. Critically low on rerolls (4 vamps - 4 rerolls) alot will come down to nuffle, though ST4 blodger will be a tough nut to crack for Azure`s skaven. This could either be a great start into the tourney or an embarrising upset for the current leader. Watching the vamps vs skaven match will be GeneralMarauder. Tied with Azure for the lead, he will probably be cheering for the vamps. He has decided to put his money on a steady dwarven side. 13 players and 130k means he can opt for the needed star to adapt to whatever opponent he migh be facing. He has drawn a necromatic team as his first opponent. For both teams the first match performance will be important, because in the event that both should win, they will face each other in the second round - defentily an event to look forward to. I don`t want to make any predictions yet, but I get the feeling, that Azure might come out top in this race.

That`s it for this week - stay tuned and next week we`ll see, who stumbled first round and who made his way into round 2.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Update:
GeneralMarauder has scored an early victory over the necromantic side and is now in round 2. This means, that he temporarily takes over the lead with 35 tour points. Can Azure draw even to face him in the second round or will he choke against SillySod`s vamps?
Azure

Post   Posted: May 01, 2009 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Update:
GeneralMarauder has scored an early victory over the necromantic side and is now in round 2. This means, that he temporarily takes over the lead with 35 tour points. Can Azure draw even to face him in the second round or will he choke against SillySod`s vamps?

Sillysod is the one that choked Smile His vampires were flawless for 20 turns...then choked big time against 4 rats to turn it over and we sneak through to round 2!

Azure vs GeneralMarauder for the tour lead in round 2 coming up on Monday!
Zombie69

Post   Posted: May 06, 2009 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Of the teams currently still in contention, there are :
6 chaos dwarves
5 dwarves
1 humans
1 dark elves

Wow, not only did a lot of dwarves and chaos dwarves enter, but not much else got through!

Call me stupid, but after last game, i just picked dodge on a double!
Klesh

Post   Posted: May 06, 2009 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

everyone only following the first division ? :O

Post   Posted: May 06, 2009 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Klesh wrote:
everyone only following the first division ? :O

I dont prioritise it in terms of spectating but it is definately the most interesting to watch Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 06, 2009 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Klesh:
Feel free to pick an event and comment.

I will focus on the first division as long as there are so many teams out there. I plan to take the second division into account for the final 8 and then for semi-finals all events.
Klesh

Post   Posted: May 06, 2009 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds fair enough, i think that when its in 8 team finals people should tell on this forum when they're scheduling they're matches or say when they are about to begin so people can watch more tenaciously Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 06, 2009 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I`d like to see that, too - though it`s probably better to make an own thread for this.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 07, 2009 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

2009, May 7th:
First week is over of the third tour event and - my god (nuffle)- was that a week. A total of 70 games were played the first week and the primary division is already halfway through the second round.
On the sad side 8 games (12.5%) were not played - including one match in division 1 - sending 9 coaches to the [R] tourney banlist, which will make them miss not only the GLT, but also the next tour event.

The racial spread of the primery division has narrowed down even further. A single human and a single darf elven team are now competing for the title with five teams of each dwarves and chaos dwarves.

Looking at the scoreboard, we have a new leader! All hail to GeneralMarauder, the new frontrunner. He earned this position by not only dispatching a necromantic side first round but also defeating the former champion Azure head on. His team, the Grim Greatbeards, are now facing the Mighty midgets of war, the dwarven team of coach PigStar-69, which had reached the semi-final of the second event and were just barely defeated by the later tourney champion. So another tough match coming up for the top tog, tough he has 80k to hire grim to give him the advantage here. Defenitly a match to watch if you see it on the games list.
With Azure out, reroller - currently ranked third - is the strongest contestant for the lead. But his first match (check report)left him deep in trouble. With two chaos dwarves out, his next match will be a challenge, even though his opponent - another CD team - is missing a dwarf, too. It will be interesting to see, who hires or buys what players.

Alot of exciting matches coming up this week, so stay tuned for next week`s commentary, when the competitors for the top spot (after the third event) have narrowed down further.
 Jump to: