48 coaches online • Server time: 18:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The blood bowl concession rules are terrible and haven't been changed since errrr I don't think they ever have. They were designed back when BB was generally used for small tabletop leagues and dont fit the current rules well at all.

The problems with them are that they benefit the other team which leads to abuse (certainly something I had to deal with a lot in the early days of fumbbl and I bet still goes on). Get rid of that and you lose half the problems.

The other thing is that it isn't harsh enough on the coach who does concede. I would suggest fumbbl implements separate house ruled concession rules. I did try and get the rules looked at for LRB6 but that never happened.

Scrap any bonuses for the winning team other than the usual they would get for winning. Winning is good enough reward. Punish the concession team more. Make it possible more players leave the team. Perhaps something like any player with 2 increases/extra skills leaves the team on a 6+, 3 advances 5+, 4 advances 4+ (this is the current version right?), 5 advances 3+, 6+ advances 2+

If a team can only field 3 or less players at the start of a drive, then they can concede with out penalty. Otherwise the more skillful players in a team decide they don't want to play for a team that just gives up and leave to look for gainful employment elsewhere.

For the record I have never conceded a match in 15 years of playing bloodbowl.
Meech

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
The blood bowl concession rules are terrible and haven't been changed since errrr I don't think they ever have. They were designed back when BB was generally used for small tabletop leagues and dont fit the current rules well at all.

The problems with them are that they benefit the other team which leads to abuse (certainly something I had to deal with a lot in the early days of fumbbl and I bet still goes on). Get rid of that and you lose half the problems.

The other thing is that it isn't harsh enough on the coach who does concede. I would suggest fumbbl implements separate house ruled concession rules. I did try and get the rules looked at for LRB6 but that never happened.

Scrap any bonuses for the winning team other than the usual they would get for winning. Winning is good enough reward. Punish the concession team more. Make it possible more players leave the team. Perhaps something like any player with 2 increases/extra skills leaves the team on a 6+, 3 advances 5+, 4 advances 4+ (this is the current version right?), 5 advances 3+, 6+ advances 2+

If a team can only field 3 or less players at the start of a drive, then they can concede with out penalty. Otherwise the more skillful players in a team decide they don't want to play for a team that just gives up and leave to look for gainful employment elsewhere.

For the record I have never conceded a match in 15 years of playing bloodbowl.

I think the rule used to be that you couldn't concede without penalty.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

No winnings and guaranteed FF loss are a penalty, no?

Admittedly they would seem harsher if you could NOT be punished for suffering through a diced match to the end just to find your FF drop anyway because the dicing continued through the FF roll.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, the rules used on concessions is 50/50 risk for players wit h51+ spp can leave the team. So I think:)

When I concede, I retire the team also (at least i think ihave done so each time). They are simply just not worthy to play a game again. Wouldnt mind that punishment being implemented:D
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

are the stats which allow concessions christer proofed and allowed ?
clarkin

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
I was told that concessions due to real life issues are not good enough reason. Games can be reloaded.

Rescheduling is fine in ranked (only locks up one team) but doesn't it break B participation for all your teams?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
Emphasy wrote:
I was told that concessions due to real life issues are not good enough reason. Games can be reloaded.

Rescheduling is fine in ranked (only locks up one team) but doesn't it break B participation for all your teams?

Not any more, that has been fixed.
LordVader82

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Concessions are for the weak! Have strength, even in utter destruction. The Dark Side COMMANDS IT! Never concede! EVER!
Grin

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Concessions are for sissies!

2. What if the other coach makes an illegal concession (e.g. without permission of an admin)? What is the normal penalty?

3. NEVER EVER CONCEDE!!!! Very Happy
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've conceded I think 3 times total, each time due to real life concerns requiring me to unexpectedly cut the match short for some reason, and not being able to resume it for an unreasonable amount of time. (though the last one I was "forced" to hang on until I had taken losses enough to 'justify' it...)

However, I have a lovely, very recent screenshot of an admin conceding while being able to field 10 dorfs vs 11 chaos (7 beastmen, 3CW)...dorfs suffering 2 BH, (both apoths gone), turn 4 of the first half, losing by a mighty 0-1. Going by the in game chat, it was entirely due to frustration about bad dice (...at turn 4)

I have labeled that screenshot "Why I can concede anytime I want to."

I don't like conceding, and I've hung on completely hopeless matches and watched my teams being violently disassembled countless times in the past without conceding. But frankly, I don't want to hear about harsh penalties and strict rules about concessions being enforced when site admins get to do whatever they please, right out in the open. Oh, I guess he just went ahead and gave himself permission, huh?

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pics Pics Pics!! I want proof of that so called admin:) plz plz plz:D
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
But frankly, I don't want to hear about harsh penalties and strict rules about concessions being enforced when site admins get to do whatever they please, right out in the open. Oh, I guess he just went ahead and gave himself permission, huh?

I think I know which game you are talking about. It was handled by the admins as if it was a normal user, no one is above the rules.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

now if only the chat channel was run by the same mantra...
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@Emphasy, no witch hunt.
@Grumbledook, feel free to fill in a ticket, because I have to admit, I rarely look in #fumbbl. If I'm active, I got my hands full with the Dutch channel and #fumbbladmin
Markinthepast

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2009 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have only conceded once and that was due to work actually wanting me to work Sad and I cleared it with the other player first.

I have no problems with people conceding because of real life, it’s the people who just leave when you kill their ag5 wardancer (what am I supposed to do he has a big target on his forehead) who go on my Blacklist.

That reminds me must put some more names on that list
 Jump to: