46 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
The orginal TGC were absurdly powerful and permanent.

Just because he didn't accumulate SPP and count for TR, or were his stats different as well?

Yes. So you could keep a team at peak, by using him as a spp sink. he never aged or counted for tr, so you could score with him freely and protect the rest of your team.

ON TOPIC:

I agree the name is confusing. i did mention the format and explain it everywhere i could, but i accept some people won't have grasped it yet.

Personally i'd have prefered the name 'Random Redraw KO'. But we have what we have.

As to the 2 groups with uneven and lower numbers, well, i did warn you all this would be the case. Teams were, as always, allocated into groups randomly.

And anyway, it's all the fault of the Skaven oraganising council. Twisted Evil

Honest.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
After reading the news item, I didn't consider entering this years warpstone. Now after spectating a game (which was really one sided, no shock there) I see the news item was really misleading it isnt following any KotH rules at all?

It is just a straight unscheduled knock out tourney like the FA cup is.

King of the hill (game)

Quote:
and where winning can only be achieved at the cost of displacing the previous winner.

I was expecting it to be some challenge league format where you challenge/are drawn against someone with a similar record like in a swiss system (which fumbbl has used in a previous major tourney).

Oh and I see this team are in a group with only 10 opponents, rather than 15... as if they needed any further help. Rolling Eyes

You have my agreement the name is very misleading for those of us active in the [L]eague division (or indeed, have heard the term used before). However, in the defence of all concerned, BigC's news post did spell out what KOTH meant to him. It’s a shame the same name was used.

This version of KOTH > Circs for this purpose anyway, so it is all win.

At least in my opinion, disclaimer, etc.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

No overtime with King of the Hill? Shocked

Just saw-saw one of my favourite Skaven teams lose-lose because of this, against dorf-dorfs they'd decimated enough to win the third half easily! Crying or Very sad

I demand the great Horned Purple Seer to intervene and rig it! Rodent supremacy must prevail over dorf wickedness! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %14, %2010 - %19:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I clearly didn't read clearly enough. No OT?

Tricky. Confused
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I really didnt saw that to be announced... another rig of da skaven is to be excluded. a) unfair, b) especially not fitting into the story line to exclude a skaven.

Sad.

---> I have proven the opposite!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

To be fair - my version was never intended to be used as a qualifying mode in any kind of tourney.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nono, quite so. I wasn't being unfair. Intentionally, anyway.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

To be fair - my version was never intended to be used as a qualifying mode in any kind of tourney.

Which is why I dind't read further when I saw the qualis were supposedly using it. Surprised
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

News Post wrote:

IN ADDITION it should be noted by all entrants that the Warpstone Open this year will run both qualifiers and finals as 'King Of The Hill' format Tournaments. This means every round has to be fully concluded before the draw is made for the next round, where pairings will be randomised. It will NOT be possible to play ahead of the schedule, unless the entire prior round completes early. Extensions will be extremely unlikely under this format.

The pedant in me is impressed you stopped reading (Brit) one sentence too early and avoided the original news post about the new Tournament format altogether.

It seems the FUMBBL forum has become a much less interweb savvy, cutting place to let you off not reading something that’s been posted aplenty without a good pw3ning. Wink

Can only lead to greater things! Very Happy
gildor_inglorion

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

the seeding in each round is up to chance?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

gildor_inglorion wrote:
the seeding in each round is up to chance?

No he who did the most fouls chooses his next opponent Cool
 Jump to: