15 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
PLAYER ACTIONS ( p. 8 )
Only one player may take a
Blitz or Pass action per team turn

Handing off the ball is an action, like Move, Blitz, Pass,
etc.

Due to this rule I used to play you could only do a PASS or a HANDOFF in one turn in RL games. Since if you allowed two ball transfers in one team turn, it would be too much of an advantage for the speedy & agile teams.

Anyway, I prefer it the way the client handles it atm. So I hope it will remain this way.

Anyone has a clue how this is handled in RL official tournaments?

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

In the tabletop Tournaments i played in it was deemed, for that tournament at least, that each team was allowed 1 pass action per turn, 1 hand off per turn, (and if the siuation occurd) 1 TTM action. Now obvioulsy, i'm not saying that this is the only way to play, but this was a turnamnet run in a Games Workshop, as always with written rules there is always, to some degree, ambiguous language to overcome. So the referee read the rules his way and ran the tournament his way.
I know in the small table top league that i myself took part in, the declaration period wasn't to go through the entire tam and say player 1 will do this, 2 will do this, 3 will do this, etc and then once all 11 (or less depending on how crunched your team is) preform all the actions. We played it so you would say Player 1 is doing this, and then you would carry out player 1's action. We thought that this lead to a quicker game. We knew some other leagues who used the other method and slandered us for using a method that went against the rules. Personally we just interprated them differently then they did. The act of declaring all the actions for all players before carrying them out, in our opinion, gave away your game plan, and made it so that a turn could take 15mins longer while you decided what your linesman was going to do. Inevitably the linesman turn never happened because the critical pass failed and caused a turn-over.
 Jump to: