43 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to get Kord to answer a PM for our 1st round game, I've CCed the admins, but I get no response from anyone.

What the hell is going on???

Just forfeit him already so I can move on please. It's been a month since I've played an NWL game and I'm getting pretty bored with the league :p
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Match report. Legion of Z-Men vs Froggered - Stone Boot, round 2.

Haxtor used his 150k of inducements to grab a chainsaw instead of a wizard. When I asked about it, he mentioned that this was partly due to him knowing that there were problems with the wizard and not having used it yet. Having frozen a league game forcing a restart last season, I sympathized. For anyone thinking about it, here is a quote from Kryten on what not to do: "Wizard: works properly, if and only if you click the wizard at the right time. Do not select a player first and then click the wizard. Do not cancel the wizard. Do not click the wizard during your opponent's turn. If you plan to use the wizard at end of turn, click END TURN. Failing to follow this procedure will freeze your game."

In any case, Helmut Wulf gave the frogs a chance to deal some damage back to the corpses, but the corpses got the initiative, receiving the first kick, and a blitzing wolf knocked Wulf down, stunning him. The Z-Men had some problems moving the ball up, though, resulting in it scattering near the center of the field. Helmut made the most of his first opportunity, hitting back at the nearby werewolf and knocking him out of the game. A scrum developed, with both sides unable to retrieve the ball from the mass of players surrounding it.

Finally, after a failed pickup by a Slann catcher, the ball bounced out on the Z-Men side. The Necros retrieved the ball and sent a wight downfield with it. The Slann (being Slann) were able to jump a couple people free of the scrum and blitz the wight, but (being Slann) had to use a reroll to do so, and were only able to push the wight to the sidelines. The Z-Men had a simple path to take: a 1d blitz with the wight that resulted in any push would allow the score. Before doing so, though, they tried one 2d block (with Block) elsewhere, and the skulls forced them to use up that turn's reroll. The wight was forced to try his hand without backup, and was unable to push the blitzer away to clear his path. Diving Tackle ended his trip to the end zone.

The Slann, not content with him falling over, went for a foul with the chainsaw. This hurt the wight, but the regen roll succeeded, and the ref decided not to wait for the end of the half to kick Helmut Wulf out. The early end to their turn denied them the chance to move players downfield, though, and the half ended with no score, just more hitting.

The injuries of the first half plus the tropical weather resulting in each team lining up only eight players for the second half. The ball landed deep in the Slann zone, and while they began moving it downfield they ran into bad luck. A rookie linesman failed a jump, and ended up killing himself on the landing. The Z-Men gratefully accepted the convert, though he would not get a chance to play against his former team. A failed 1d block by the frogs left their ball-carrier exposed on the sidelines, and when he was bumped out the crowd gleefully tore him into pieces. A failed dodge (the second straight 1/9 that would end a Slann turn) deprived the frogs of the chance to stop a breakaway, and the Z-Men's star ghoul ran the ball to just shy of the end zone. The remaining Slann turns consisted of a failed dodge, a failed leap, a failed dodge, and a failed leap, although only that last was rerolled - I think the opposing coach was becoming discouraged by this point. The last-minute score ended the game with a 1-0 victory for the Legion of Z-Men.

Froggered face another tough opponent next, the 2-0 Knights of Fate. I expect to see the three journeyfrogs lined up on the line of scrimmage shortly. The Z-Men also face an interesting challenge in the 1-0 Mirkwood Lumberjacks.

Edit: Z-Men vs Lumberjacks at 11 pm Eastern tonight. Should be fun!
Beerox

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Stone Boot Division
Mirkwood Lumberjacks 1, Legion of Z-men 1

Doc, is that you? How’m I doin’, Doc? Am I gonna live? Ahhh man my head hurts. It’s all echo-ey in here, where am I? It’s awful dark... I uhhh… I remember.. wait. OHH MY LOOORD LUCIFERRR WHAT IIIIS THAAAAAT!?!?!? My leg is a bloody, maggot crawlin’ STUMP!!?? NOOO DOC!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Oh wait. That’s the guy next to me. That’s what I get for feeling around in the dark – sorry doc!

Doc - I remember a blizzard, a giant unending blizzard. But not dry white snow. More damp reddish snow that melts into your chaps. Errr… armor.

I remember being carted off the field, but maybe to the wrong sideline. But I feel like I was on both sidelines. You got a joint? Anyways, the team apothecary was sleeping and frostbit. He lay on the bench, next to me and a poor merc trying to fuse his spine with duct tape. 3 others were hunched over, lifeless but still spry enough to vomit every once in a while. There were 2 or 3 guys over there pretending to be hurt too. Just sitting there with fake bandages being served booze by hot babes. Later in the game the apothecary got splashed with warm blood that woke him up just in time to heal a wardancer with broken chaps. Errr… armor.

Wardancer, yeah. They were leaping all over the place. I could hardly see the field, just flashes of these 2 flying above the crowd, into crowds, and once into the endzone. It appeared accidental, the dancer was just running for his life and happened upon the endzone. I’m just guessing though, my vision had faded out by that time. After that all I heard were zombies grunting. Did the other team score to tie the game?

I feel woozy, doc. Am I gonna make it? Are you there? It’s quiet in here, like the crowd was during the game. Doc? Can anyone hear me? I don’t want a blanket over my face. Doc? I can’t move, doc. Hey can you turn on Family Feud?

- Last thoughts of the now deceased soul of Borja Dullblade, former member of Mirkwood Lumberjacks, current member of Legion of Z-Men.
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Northern Wastes League - Season 21

Match Report: Stone Boot Division, round 4

Mirkwood Lumberjacks 2 - 1 Abyssal Syndicate

Prognostications for the underworld Syndicate's fourth game were good. The Mirkwood Lumberjacks had been mauled in the previous game, and despite this season's reversals, the Syndicate had a reputation for giving pain as often as not. In addition the fact that there were 3 "off the street" temps filling out the Lumberjacks' wood elf roster, and you'd see why everyone was predicting a Syndicate victory if not blood bath. And everyone was wrong.

The Lumberjacks' fans passed the hat around and managed to get Zara the Sayer's attention for this match, and boy, did they get their money's worth. Zara's stakes were well sharpened before the match, and she used them well. Five times that night did her stake rise and fall, leaving injuries and death in it's wake. Included in that toll was the death of two of the three most heavily armored players on the team, Mazzik the blitzer and the centerpiece of the Syndicate Glazzach the troll (who was so shredded, even his regenetive abilities couldn't help). Zara was pure destruction and the Lumberjacks capitolized on it, almost killing the blitzter Tzerrich as well (the docs managed to keep him hanging on to life.)

The game started with several casualties against the Lumberjacks, as the Syndicate drove down field. Skillful avoidance and lots of running eventually led to a score for the Syndicate, but in the drive they lost both Tzerrich, Glazzach, and a few gobbos. The Elves responded with a quick score and more goblin chaos. Tied at one apiece at the half, the Lumberjacks faced a mobile defense, trying to pin them in as they slowly advanced down field, Zara still racking up casualties. With time running short, and the elves in striking distance of the endzone, the Syndicate goblins managed to get to the ball carrier, but could not take him down. The elves went in for the final score, taking away victory in what may be the bloodiest match of this season. All told there were nine casualties for the night.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Northern Wastes League - Season 21

Match Report: Stone Boot Division, round 5

Feral Beserkers 3 - 2 Abyssal Syndicate

Report is here:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3197992

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2011 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The top two teams of the Stone Boot division, the Knights of Fate and the Legion of Z-Men, will be meeting at 9 pm Eastern on Sunday, September 11th. Bring your spare lungs for cheering, and your other set of spare lungs to distract the zombies with if you need to make a quick getaway!
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Half Season Report
Northern Wastes League
Stone Boot division

Brought to you by Syndicate Reporting

Extremely quick... That's how the season has gone so far in the Stone Boot division. Well ahead of schedule, the entire division's games look to completed by the end of the month. And with that speed an early arrival of the half season report is now presented. Here are the teams and their projections, listed based on current standings.

Knights of Fate (5-1-0) - Currently undefeated and having tied only once (in a game posted as this report was being written), the division is theirs to lose. The orcs have two more games to play and have a well developed and brutal team, scoring more casualties and taking less casualties than anyone else in the division. The only hope for anyone else is if they lose at least one, if not both of their remaining games. Facing chaos pact and underworld teams, they look to be in good position to lock up first place. While the game against the the pact team may be challenging, I predict 2 victories, bring their total to 7-1-0.

Legion of Z-Men (4-2-0) - Also undefeated, this necromantic team has had a rough time, tied for first in number of casualties received. Despite the casualties, they haven't lost too many key personnel. They're in good position to challenge the Knights of Fate for first, but need some help. They face norse and (pro) elf teams, both of which look to be challenging. I forecast a win and a loss, bringing their total to 5-2-1.

Waste Not, Want Rot (2-1-2) - The rotters started strong, but then faded when playing the top teams in the division. They're putting together a strong team, but the lack of rerolls looks to hurt them in the long games. Their upcoming matches look to be interesting, as the wood elves and (pro) elves will test the ball control skills of the rotters and the chaos pact will test their durability. Even so, I envision them winning one and loosing two to end up 3-1-4.

Northern Waste Hydras (2-1-1) - Ranked below the rotters due to their TD differential, this chaos pact team is a long shot to win the division. They bring a hard hitting (and large) team to the pitch and need help if they are to surpass either the Knights of Fate of the Legion of Z-Men. With four games to go, they face wood elves, orcs, rotters, and slann. With their hopes hanging by a thread, I think that they will win three and lose one, ending up 5-1-2.

Mirkwood Lumberjacks (2-1-1) - Also a long shot, the wood elves have been forced to rely on large numbers of journeymen throughout the season so far, and that doesn't look to change any time soon. Despite heavy casualties, their key players have survived, keeping them competitive. Even so, the inexperience of these journeymen will cost the Lumberjacks in their final games. I forsee them to loosing all four of their final games, though many will be close, leaving them 2-1-5

Feral Berzerkers (1-1-2) - Finally healthy again (or at least mostly), these norse look to reestablish a hard hitting game. Thus far their season matches the casualty war in their respective games. With four games remaining, I expect this trend to continue, up through their final game. With games against slann, necromantic, wood elf, and (pro) elf teams, I predict that they will win two and loose two, ending 3-1-4.

Elven Caravan (1-0-3) - These (pro) elves have not had an easy time so far, scoring the second least amount of touchdowns. Despite the lack of offense, they have sustained a remarkably low amount of casualties, allowing many of their players to gain much needed experience. This leaves them in a good position to face the rotters, underworld, necromantic, and norse teams. I forecast that they will be the surprise of the second half of the season, winning out to end 5-0-3.

Abyssal Syndicate (0-1-4) - Our own underworld team has had a very rough season so far. Their total number of casualties received is tied for first, and the casualties have been both more lethal and damaging, as several key players have been lost. Add that to the leaky defense, allowing more touchdowns than any other team (just under double the average allowed by the rest of the division), and anyone can see a team in trouble. The only salvation for the team came from the war chest amassed in season 20, which allowed the emergency replacement of key personnel. Now lacking any cash reserves, the team is backed into a corner with games against (pro) elves, slann, and orcs to go. I can only see them dropping their last three games to end 0-1-7.

Froggered (0-0-4) - This slann team has suffered the same issues that Frogbert, the slann team in season 20 did, massive casualties, and poor offense. Despite the bleak outlook, the team is finally starting to acquire the necessary skills to make them more of a credible threat. Unfortunately for the slann, it will not be enough to turn their season around as they face norse, wood elf, underworld, and chaos pact teams. I think they will win one game of four (and earn a better record than last season's slann), ending up (1-0-7).
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Palorrin wrote:
Half Season Report
Northern Wastes League
Stone Boot division

Just so you know, your predictions contain 14 wins and 16 losses. My prediction is you will be wrong about at least one record!
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Half Season Report - Update!
Northern Wastes League
Stone Boot division

Unfortunately, due to the speed required in getting the report out an error crept in. The game I predicted between the Mirkwood Lumberjacks and Froggered was accidentally predicted to be a loss for both teams. Rectifying this, I predict a draw, leaving the Mirkwood Lumberjacks 2-2-4 and Froggered 1-1-6. Thanks goes out to Mr. RobRoyDuncan for helping locate the error.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2011 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a nice sunny day to play blood bowl..the fans were out in force...the sun was shinning, even the daisies made the nurgle's go ah. The stench from the foul smelling ones even smelled rosie for this perfect day. The kick off was majestic, nice and high a perfect spiral as the rotter moves under it with grace and agilty, the perfect catch.

And then the storm clouds appeared. Thunder boomed from on high and the Slaughter house dugout was pelted with skulls, double skulls, a double 1 hail storm, gfi disasters left and right as our footing was slippery from all the skulls laying on the pitch. It was a miracle it took the Nurgle scumm until t14 to dispatch us with haste. Chainsaw went down hard as he tripped over a pile of 1's and crashed to the turf..."My Groin!!! Oh my the pain".

What a match. The fans will remember this one for a long time and the 9 will get their revenge.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2011 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pre-Game Show

Kiss of the Vermin vs North American Poets

" Kiss of the Vermin have had success last season being promoted to the premier division with a respectable 5/0/1 record. However things have been rough for the vermin this inaugural season with a loss on the road to the Vikings and a disappointing draw at home to the Plague."

Head Coach th0r after last game ".. that was bu*&^%$, without a doubt the low point of my coaching career here at Eshin. We had the game at several points and a lack of focus from our players and in particular our team captain let the Plague come back and get a late equalizer and take away two important points."

"So, KotV sitting at dead last in the division have got to be pretty much given up on winning the league title this season, now they're just fighting to not get relegated. Skarsneak what do the vermin from Eshin need to do tonight?"

"Well they need to abandon this defensive routine that th0r has put into place. Hes a coach from the Northern Wastes and is use to stalling and using ball control tactics to grind out a defensive victory. Here at Eshin, things are quite different with a very offensive team and he needs to use his strikers to there full potential and let them determine the pace of the game."

"Well they got a bit of a boost for this game with Ernest Hemingway a chaos dwarf blocker who will miss the game, who according to league sources woke up this morning with an unexplained fourteen daggers laced with venom in his body. There are rumors that bits of cheese were found outside the twenty-one year old home, what do you make of that?"

"..well uh these things happen."

"..uh okay... So there you have it, Kiss of the Vermin against the North American Poets live from the Poisoned Dagger Stadium in just under two hours. When we come back we will review some of the previous weeks action..."

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2011 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News from the Broiling Swamplands of the Green Bayou... Bilbo Riley reporting...

The Green Bayou Pacters appear to have been swallowed up by a void in the space time continuum during an effort by coach Catalyst32 to travel back into last season and replay any previous losses to obtain a different outcome. This unexpected disappearance has instead had the unfortunate effect of stranding the Pacters somewhere in the plane of Carceri often known as Tarterus.

Ironically, or perhaps it is poetic justice, the team is trapped on a plane know for imprisoning liars, cheats and traitors by their own deceptions. Coach Catalyst32 says he now regrets his attempt to alter the past due to the lack of revenues he would earn from playing this current season if only they were here.

It appears the fate of the team lies in the hands of the Yugoloth Daemons that inhabit this plane. Apparently the expense of hiring the necessary Conjurors to bring the Pacters back is too great for the coach to bare.

"I spent all of my revenues on sending them into the Planes to begin with. That failed miserably. I don't have the money to pay this Slaan team a buy out fee as it is. But Frogmen I can hide from... a Wizard is another matter," said the caoch. "Speaking of Frogmen... this Press Conference is over. Where are my litter bearers?"

You've heard it here first Blood Bowl fans. The Pacters attempt at trickery has cost them part of their season and perhaps their very lives. I shall stay on this case to bring you the story as it unfolds.

This has been Bilbo Riley reporting for Divining-Seer Network... bringing your the sooth without disguise.
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead Zeppelin finally tracked down the coach of Northern Oblivion (who was too busy doing something called 'sissykick' to get back to Peter 'Ghoul' Grant for a while) and they got their match played.

Of course the Undead were gigantic underdogs (you know... that would work better with necro... nevermind), and were able to acquire an acquaintance of the ref who swore he could get him to look the other way once, they also picked up a drunken wizard who claimed to pack 'the mightiest fireballs this side of the Styx' and his girlfriend, who half heartedly promised to show some 'brain' to encourage the sideline.

The Elves meanwhile, pranced around like 'sissykickers' (we imagine, having no real idea what that actually is), and oiled each other and put on various displays of 'wrestling'.

Finally the crowd had had enough of the pregame antics and threatened to storm the field if the game did not promptly start. The Lucky Elves (is there really another kind after all?) won the toss, and elected to kick, believing that the band wouldn't be able to force enough of them off the pitch to hinder them in the 2nd half.

Indeed on the very first play of the game Robert will PlantU killed the first oiled elf he saw. Well, he thought he killed him, apparently the elves had some kind of equally lucky healer, who ran on the field and managed to get the elf off the field under his own power even.

The rest of the Undead possession was a tactical battle of positioning, with neither side able to take players off, and the Undead only achieving a couple harmless foul attempts because the elves truly did have a magical fourleaf clover covered horseshoe stuck up their collective oiled asses.

Eventually an elven wrestler was able to score a takedown of the ball carrier, but the elves were unable to retrieve the loose ball, and Kashmir was able to get the ball back, though the disjointed position forced the Undead to take their score earlier than they would have liked, lacking any additional support from the fans to overcome any potential mis-steps.

The Elves got the ball back with plenty of time to score (I swear, even dwarves could have probably managed it), and neatly scored the equalizer in 2 turns, but due to some pressure from the band they left one more turn for Robert and Jimmy to try and knock out some more oily elves.

To no avail.

The 2nd half started with the Undead kicking in a tie game, knowing full well they would have to find a way to make the elves either score quickly, or position themselves poorly for a fireball up the tail pipe.

The former happened, and the Undead now had more than enough turns to get the equalizer, however the elves were still 10 strong on defense, and the undead had lost Achilles Last Stand (cursed name no doubt) earlier to a bad injury. None the less, Peter considered the options, and directed the team to cage up, drive the field, try to kill as many elves as possible, and see if it made sense to score early or not.

Well as fate would have it. Jimmy Rage did kill an elf. For good this time, however the rest of the blockers were more interested in the Wizards girlfriend getting her brains eaten on the sideline by the bench and spend most of the rest of the half harmlessly pushing elves this way and that.

The half wore on, Dead Zeppelin was down 2-1, the only option was the draw, no sense in risking letting the elves have one last chance to make it 3-2 or in putting the ball carrier in a bad spot. The elves dodged and pranced and generally were total @#%%ing luckers until around turn 6, when the elves took their shot at getting the ball out.

They almost got it, but Kashmir once again, was able to keep his feet under him after facing several greasy oily lucky elf hands trying in vain to get him to the ground.

Turn 7 and the Undead were still stymied, 4 elves in good position to make a big advance impossible, the other 5 elves circling around looking for a weakness to get at the ball. It was at this moment Peter made a huge mistake. He called on the wizard to use his fireballs to smite the elves directly in front of the cage... however, he did this illegally, mid turn. Fortunately the wizard was so incensed at his new zombie girlfriend, he completely whiffed the spell and didn't even singe a single lucky hair on a lucky elfs lucky backside.

Disaster to be sure. Kashmir found the best spot he could, 8 paces away, his comrades Stairway and Whole Lotta also positioned themselves for potential turn 8 scores, but it would require a good bit of luck, and the elves had clearly already boggared all the luck and used it to oil their sweaty pointed ears.

An elf darted into a gap, landing a solid tackle on Kashmir, he went down, the ball came out, but still surrounded by a few zombies. Another elf darted in the back to cover it, while yet another attempted to scoop it up and throw it away, fortunately (well for the good guys, you know, the guys who eat brains and kill for pleasure) that elf had his magic horseshoe fall strait out of his ass and trip him up before he could get the ball.

However, the situation was grim. Down 2-1, no open path to score, the ball covered by an elf who would have to be blitzed away, and Kashmir prone. There were only 2 options, and both of them were going to require the luck of the elves to shine straight out their asses and onto the undead. Fortunately Undead lack any sense of smell or cleanliness, so things shining out of asses doesn't remotely phase them.

And then, this is what happened. Block, Push, Block, Push, chain Block Push Push, chain Block, Push, Push, ball bounces close to ghouls. Block, Push, Block Push (sheesh, that's right, we 2d blocked like crazed ferrets in a hotel dishwasher and got zero Pows)...

You get the idea. Eventually the Undead had actually managed to free the ball from oily elvish oppression, and Kashmir was able to pick it up, hand it off to Whole Lotta, who was able to rush 9 paces and make a single dodge to end the game in a 2-2 tie.

Now if that wasn't pure unadulterated BS luck, nothing was Smile

Great game Kryten, there was no imbalance in luck either, or if there was it was irrelevant to the outcome. Undead couldn't bash down the elves, but the elves couldn't stall enough, or land successful hits on the cage. The draw was well merited by both coaches.

Even if one did cheat...

By rigging the client...

Wink
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

With the season winding down, we have a confirmed winner in the Premier Division! licker's Dead Zeppelin [NWL] has secured the top spot, winning four games in the draw- and concession-filled top division. After seeing that, and looking at my own division, I began to wonder how all of the divisions were turning out. Here, then, are the end-of-season playouts from the different divisions. I don't know which standings are relevant, so I've gone to top three for each. And, as an additional note, I'm using the tiebreakers that were quoted at me last season - heads-up, then TD diff, then CAS diff.

Premier

As already noted, licker has secured the top spot in the top division. The concessions in there make reading the standings somewhat difficult, but unless I'm mistaken, North American Poets have finished the season with 12 points, currently tied with Northern Oblivion - but Kryten's Elves have a game left to play. A tie or win will propel the wine-drinkers into second place, while a loss will leave them behind Azure's squad, their view of the top blocked by very large hats.

Stone Boot

BillBrasky's Northern Waste Hydras have performed well, but their one loss means that the heads-up breaker is locking them into third. Iskabis' Knights of Fate are undefeated on the season, with ties only to the Hydras and my own Legion of Z-Men, but an undefeated record may not be enough to take the top spot. To reach the summit, though, the Z-Men will need to take down xyon's Elven Caravan by at least two goals - a margin of victory only attained once by the Necros in their 8 wins.

Rusty Saw

With a few more games left to go, the Rusty Saw race is not nearly as locked down. Creatures with Attitude currently hold down the top slot there, but Jasfmpgh also has two more games played than ryanfitz's Last of the Renshai. The Norse have a perfect record so far, including possession of Jasfmpgh's one loss, making this division theirs to lose. One more win in their last three games, coupled with either another win or a Necro loss, will see them to the top. On the other hand, a losing streak could see them finish as low as third - it's theoretically possible for prophane's St Louis Brews to tie them on points, and gain the heads-up tiebreaker at the same time. If that doesn't happen, prophane is still in the hunt for bronze, but it's a crowded race - fangbanger and Big-Al are also trying to supplant Da_Todfatha's Orcs for third.

Bloody Spike

The Bloody Spike crown is very likely to be decided soon. screech and Craftnburn are tied at the top of the standings, and their next game is against each other, with the winner taking the division. Speaking on behalf of the rest of the league, I'd appreciate knowing in advance when this game will be - I'd like the spectate if possible. Smile If they, instead, draw, it opens things up a bit more. They each have one game left after that, trying to outdo the other for victory. It would also open the door for a dark horse to sweep in - Mazzix' early-season replacement Happy Tree Friends BBC, still cruising with no losses. Despite missing the first week, they are still theoretically capable of sweeping their last three games to finish at 17 points, tied with the two leaders after that draw. This would include a defeat of Death from Above!!, giving them the heads-up tiebreaker against the Slann, and if Happy Friendly Folks drops their last game as well, will hopefully give them enough TD diff to secure the win.

If Mazzix isn't perfect for the rest of the season, screech and Craftnburn will definitely finish 1-2, but third place is still very wide open. Sutherlands and icesmooth have the most potential points among those not yet mentioned, but everyone is technically still in the hunt if their opponents pull down enough draws.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes the concessions were annoying in premier, but at least they were (mostly) evenly handed out to everyone who didn't puss out and drop.

Dead Zeppelin is honored to take the championship of this inaugural season of the New NWL, and hopes to be able to back it up into the next. There were several hard fought matches, and the end of the season saw a run on opposing players defecting to join the band (though we cut all of them, I think it was 4 matches in a row with some zombie necromancy going on).

We know it will only get tougher, the Poets are skilling up and will be a tough match every time, elves are elves, and when well coached tricky to beat without a little nuffle love. And there will be some new teams and coaches desperate to prove their mettle as well.

All to the good of the league, but for now, Dead Zeppelin stands above everyone else, and should be able to keep the bodies warm enough to get out for next season.
 Jump to: