45 coaches online • Server time: 23:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

avien wrote:
Pro elf in the box equals suffering. I recommend playing another race, or taking it as a man Wink

Not true. Elf do perfectly fine in the box.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If played well. Dolls proved that they're good, but Pro Elves are the most fragile elf team out there, and using them poorly is just a world of hurt, especially in the Box.

-Blader
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You have no apoth. Just sayin.

lol. Would have saved (possibly) him half those deaths.
avien

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
avien wrote:
Pro elf in the box equals suffering. I recommend playing another race, or taking it as a man Wink

Not true. Elf do perfectly fine in the box.

Yeah, Blade said it better.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it might have been bad luck but i keep hearing how rough box is on elf teams so i figured if i could learn to do okay with them it should be easier with other teams...or maybe im just dreaming.

Next purchase is an apo for sure. Then a blitzer then maybe a catcher.

Ill admit i have no idea how to use Pro Elf, let alone any other team but they are fun. Way easier to score than undead. Plus the rockstar motif is fun: live fast, die young.

As far as blocks ill bet im giving up too many, should i block more or dodge and flood my guys down field to up odds of scoring?

And is there any good way to bust a cage when the numbers are against you? I gang fouled a black orc to discourage a stall but the other coach must not have liked that orc.

Im also thinking i shoulda started with some ff, these kickoff rolls can get rough.

What are some good offensive set ups? How do i push tomb guardians around to make a hole so catchers/anyone else can invade their backfield? Should catchers be on the line when recieving?

Yeah that +av on the catcher was a mistake, i thought it was ag...DOH!

Im not upset im losing so many elves, they are professionals and know the risks. As do i but the funerals are getting expensive. Mass burials seem so....ghetto.

Thanks for the help guys any/all advice is much apreciated.

-EZ
blader4411

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally, at the end of each turn, dodge away players in contact.

One good offensive tactic is to hold the ball in your half with a thrower, run catchers forward, and in your next turn toss to a catcher (he can only blitz 1!), and make for the End Zone. Nerves of Steel mean you don't take penalties for touch-zones on your player when catching, but get Safe Throw on the thrower, to prevent interceptions.

Defence is trickier, when the opponent cages up you're good with a loose defence, men spaced out with no more than 2 squares between them, 2 deep, and 1 square in front of the opposition. If he makes a mistake, blitz, the ballcarrier, otherwise try to time your opponent out of those 8 turns.

If I get to choose, I like to kick first. You get to defend with a full team, and can either 1-0 to tie in 2nd half if he scores, or 1-1 with a rushed score in 1st half, and spend the 2nd half trying for a win.

-Blader
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A rule of thumb (that is of course subject to circumstance) is, that if it's easier to dodge than block, dodge, if it's easier to block than dodge, block (usually by moving up an assist). Obviously positioning and such play a huge part in a given case, but an elf with an assist hit just as hard as any other no-skill player in the game.
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Whew good thing i bought those catchers, now all those dead linos wont feel lonely.
2 dead catchers and a -av on some schmo who will likely live to see 20 games.

Defense 1st half was better though he scored, second had potential till that clumsy elf tripped...good times.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Team is cursed. Exorcise demons, cleanse locker-room and dump team to prevent getting sucked through a portal to hell.
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Should i retire the team? Should i blame it on the luck? The fluff?

Or should i open the portal?
blader4411

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Open the Portal!
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu! Razz

-Blader
uuni

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be interesting fluff for a team: "They went to hell and back, and here they are!" A bit doomish, wouldn't it be? Wink
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Portal Will Be Opened! The Team Will Play On. May Nuffle Bless These Reckless Elves.

Every death opens another chapter in the secret book, how many souls will it take?
(see bio for fluff)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=673993
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2011 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Another blood bath, down five guys in the first half 2bh 2si 1rip, then another dead elf in the second half....ROCK!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3218720
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2011 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to throw more blocks but how do i do so without leaving a hole?
 Jump to: