34 coaches online • Server time: 01:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which division shall reign supreme?
Ranked
51%
 51%  [ 47 ]
Box
30%
 30%  [ 28 ]
League (don't want to leave them out)
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Stunty Pies Taste of Fish
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 92

freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Any way of knowing how the split is going so far? i.e how many box vs ranked teams are left in the cup?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2011 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Of the last 23, 14 are box teams and 9 ranked. Read into that what you will, but it looks good for the box.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2011 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The black box always triumphs!

Last edited by Were_M_Eye on %b %30, %2011 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2011 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cup Cakes are still there after entering at TV1000 so I guess it is no longer all about team pimping. \o/

There are not many dodgers about so is it all about bashing?

Go 1893 Besenbrück! \o/
Go Wild Dragons! \o/

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I am seeing

R 8

B 13

Round 5
R-DE vs B-DE
R-Orcs vs B-Chaos
B-WE vs R-Necro
B-Khemri vs R-Underworld
B-Chaos vs B-Chaos
B-Khemri vs R-Nurgle

Round 6
B-CD
R-CD
R-HE vs B-Humans
B-Chaos vs R-Skaven
B-Skaven
B-Chaos

Round 7
B-CP

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as a point, I counted the number of teams that got to round 5...regardless of whether or not their game had been played yet.

I made it: 15 R teams, 17 Box teams.

Close...

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Very close, but ranked started with 66 more so the box teams have had much better success on average.

I suppose a significant amount of the survivors are clawpombers aren't they. As I remember from the Lustrian cup the winning ranked side there was also a clawpomber.

It looks like 5 of the teams still not knocked out have players with the full clawpomb combo. Lets hope one of the others can triumph.
A few others have mbpo or cmb.
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Still hope the skaven keep on winning. But i see the Wild Dragons might make it. Personally i also wish good luck to the khemri and necro left. Just loose to Wu Rang Clan Smile

Greetings

Smeesh
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Very close, but ranked started with 66 more so the box teams have had much better success on average.

I suppose a significant amount of the survivors are clawpombers aren't they. As I remember from the Lustrian cup the winning ranked side there was also a clawpomber.

It looks like 5 of the teams still not knocked out have players with the full clawpomb combo. Lets hope one of the others can triumph.
A few others have mbpo or cmb.

I don't think it's a surprise that there were more new players in R than B who had teams they were willing to enter a major with.

I'm looking down the list, and I'm seeing mostly coaches/teams that usually rank in the last 16 in B matching off against those who are last 16 in R...it's coming up to a perfect showdown!
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest suprise so far has to be the low number of elfs in final 16. 1 DE and possible 1 WE. And that there are still 2 Khemri in the tourney.

But the only big question mark that I can see is if it is the Box-Rats or the Ranked-Rats who will beat ROs Box-Clawpomb-Chaos to make it all the way to the final.

Edit: Forgot about SvenS's superstar HEs. So not that few Elfs after all. All but Pro Elfs represented.

Last edited by BooAhl on %b %01, %2011 - %16:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Even RO and Jill Roberts are vulnerable to the oneturning frenzy.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Even RO and Jill Roberts are vulnerable to the oneturning frenzy.

You must have misunderstood. The big question was who will win the Skaven Quarterfinal and then go on to the final. The Chuck game will just be a minor bump on the way. Maybe an oppertunity to skill up some linos.
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i hope for the box skaven Smile. But i see that woodies coming in the way. They are a serious team. I won´t count them out. And there is nuffle ....
Carnis

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I am seeing

R 8

B 13

Round 5
R-DE vs B-DE
R-Orcs vs B-Chaos
B-WE vs R-Necro
B-Khemri vs R-Underworld
B-Chaos vs B-Chaos
B-Khemri vs R-Nurgle

Round 6
B-CD
R-CD
R-HE vs B-Humans
B-Chaos vs R-Skaven
B-Skaven
B-Chaos

Round 7
B-CP

Looking that through I'd say the winner will either be a box team, or a ranked team that plays, like a box team (Malmir's). Of the ranked teams:

R-DE - Lewdgrip's DE, strong overall, no oneturner, they will lose if they lose the OT cointoss. Also very vuln to clawpomb.
R-Orcs - Facing clawpomb, nuff said.
R-Necro - No mb on wolves, dont see this beating the wild dragons..
R-Underworld - I just dont see these underworld beating Chuck..
R-Nurgle - Last remaining nurgle, as much as it pains me to say this, but 1 mb claw, lack of good high ag or ma players, this is not a win candidate imho.

The round 6'ers are all strong..

Round 6
R-CD - Malmirs CDs, he seems to be able to conjure claws on any team, even a ranked team.. And the templeguard really badly needs a price hike.
R-HE - Could happen, +st+ag blitzer, but I have my doubts.. Next game vs lepazuri if he makes it through neophyte.. lepazuri has had an awesome run.
R-Skaven - Potential win candidate, but they have to survive wild dragons, who are imo the favourite..

So its down to a B team (chuck, wild dragons) or malmir imo to win the major, but we will see how the dice play out...
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:

R-Skaven - Potential win candidate, but they have to survive the viciuos Wu Rang Clan, who are imo the favourite..

+1
 Jump to: