28 coaches online • Server time: 01:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

my data is skewed for the average box team. i see that in tournaments it isn't going to be like that. your method probably makes more sense when picking team for tournament, but you also had plans to use the info here ...

Yes this is true my stats are geared more towards TT tournaments but also my point stands for Box.
Chaos are very poor at low TV and I am confident of having a great win% vs them whatever top team I use.
What matters to me is the hard matches vs good teams, not whether my race is a 55% or 60% to beat Chaos.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Go for it Jimmy!

I think your results are reasonable. Ignore the mad hatters and do it! Smile
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

presuably hito's amazon box stats include kfoged's ludicrous min-maxed rampage with the hell grannies, i think almost all of that team's matches were played in this range

that team alone may have skewed some of the stats, they have 10 wins from 14 vs chaos dwarves. deduct that from the stats and the zons vs chaos dwarf win % goes down from 48% to 43% (i think). anyway, the point is tgh sample size is small enough that one or two teams or one or two coaches that may not fit your expectation of the scenario you are judging can cause large fluctuations in your results

(though this may add weight to your thought of using cdwarves for your team Very Happy )
Azure

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the chart. It is cute Smile
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank god I don't know or care what NAF is.

This is the most stupid thread in a long litany of absolutely stupid threads.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

amazons played 1215 games in the sample, 79 games against chaos dwarf

i think the date range is around september last year, for a couple months. hell grannies first match was 2011-11-26 so they'd not be included
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Thank god I don't know or care what NAF is.

This is the most stupid thread in a long litany of absolutely stupid threads.

The NAF is an organisation devoted to running Tabletop tournaments. Jimmy is refering to the NAF Championships, which was previously known as The Bloodbowl, and held at GW HQ in May I believe. (Already paid for my ticket!)

The ruleset is 1.05M TV, 1 skill per round, stars allowed, no mercs/babes/bribes etc.

What he is trying to do is work out a competitive roster for the tournament using my Blackbox stats to compare how races perform against each other at low TV.

Also, Hell Grannies may not be included...but Pyrates Royal certainly are Wink. It's possible both are, I forget when exactly I grabbed them. I'd say you can't really trust the CD stats...too much minmax.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

true, there's a lot of difference between a team at 1200 TV which has played 2 games, than one which has played 100 games.
chaos pact springs to mind, no big guys but a couple clawpombs for example

there's no way to tell from this data, but it would skew the usefulness of the results for application to a tournament situation where there's no old, developed teams around
 Jump to: