21 coaches online • Server time: 01:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
'pure bash teams don't get wrestle' is nonsense. A pure bash team will take DP, and having DP en masse means take wrestle!

That being said, amazons probably won't have much DP.

I don't think I have seen any chaos teams with a wrestle player before tbh. I'm sure there will be some. But I don't see the benefit, it just makes them really vulnerable to blitzes and the pure bash teams of this edition are fairly squishy too. I also don't get the wrestle DP thing either, I would never want my DP player to have two skills either, seems a total waste of TV to me in this edition.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't put DP on the wrestle player O_O You have the wrestle player to put people on the ground for your DP player to go stamp on.

and i;ve seen a chaos and orc team with a wrestle player. . . Given they were on the ball sackers so it's pretty standard.

Last edited by noobie2k7 on %b %18, %2012 - %16:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

BASH teams are different from CLAWPOMB teams.

BASH teams like orcs or dwarves or lizards or norse(??) or undead of any variety do indeed need dp and wrestle can help make it click. Taking wrestle on your dp players is often the best idea if you wind up getting them to 16spp and are not so lame as to retire them at that point.

Wrestle on your dp does 2 things.

1) If you are blocked with a both down, now you have a target right next to you to stand up and foul.

2) If you are marked, and they block you, a both down means you are still marked if you have block. If you have wrestle, you are no longer marked unless they put/leave a 2nd player there (that's a positional win!). Granted zombs and skeles are not that quick when standing up from wrestle, but it's still a chance to move somewhere without dodging on a 4+, even if you need 2 gfis to get where you want to be.

3) Rotters are great to take wrestle on!
4) zombs are even greater to take wrestle on!
5) none of those guys ever get dodge anyway Sad
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, Licker just made me look like a fool! XD Least i now know why you;d take DP and wrestle on the same player. I just looked at it from an offensive stand point.not on a standpoint set up during an Opp's turn Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't fend do a similar job, but better?
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of focus on the bash side of the game here. The flip side of the coin are the elf's. They hate wrodge with a passion, it is the best counter against blodge and once you get some tackle thrown in, well now you got some home cooking going on.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

out of interest has anyone tried a Wrestle heavy Orc team yet?

licker wrote:

BASH teams like orcs or dwarves or lizards or norse(??) or undead of any variety do indeed need dp and wrestle can help make it click.

Personally I dont like Wrestle on any of those teams really. One wrestle ghoul sounds like a good idea on undead and one wrestle lino for orcs, a wrestle dauntless skink for lizards is obviously amazing. Though would still only take one wrestle if i got the doubles.

Dwarves I don't think I would bother with wrestle until high TV. in which case I would double up on a runner with wrestle and block. Generally I wouldn't like wrestle on any low Ma players it just increases the chance of putting your self down in your own turn and with low Ma standing players and positioning is of absolute importance. While elves can get away with poor positioning and a lot of prone players to certain extent.
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
amazons probably won't have much DP.

Giggidy giggidy
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

dfunkateer wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
amazons probably won't have much DP.

Giggidy giggidy
oh god i totally missed that one!
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
BASH teams are different from CLAWPOMB teams.

BASH teams like orcs or dwarves or lizards or norse(??) or undead of any variety do indeed need dp and wrestle can help make it click. Taking wrestle on your dp players is often the best idea if you wind up getting them to 16spp and are not so lame as to retire them at that point.

Merble?

Who do you take DP on on your Lizardman team?

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, on Lizards you can't really afford to have anyone sent off. . .

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So my lizard credentials are short...

However, I have seen lizard teams with a DP skink. Clearly Lizards are not going to load up on it, and W on sauri is probably not the best idea. I hesitated to add them to my list, but for completeness sake I put them there, feel free to add comments about them, even though this thread isn't about DP/W :p

re: fend...

Fend doesn't do a damn thing on both/down. I love wrestle and fend on skaven linemen though. Not the best option on elves as they can take dodge 1st or 2nd skill.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

No one takes juggernaut because they know they wont face any wrestle or fend. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
'pure bash teams don't get wrestle' is nonsense. A pure bash team will take DP, and having DP en masse means take wrestle!

That being said, amazons probably won't have much DP.

I don't think I have seen any chaos teams with a wrestle player before tbh. I'm sure there will be some. But I don't see the benefit, it just makes them really vulnerable to blitzes and the pure bash teams of this edition are fairly squishy too. I also don't get the wrestle DP thing either, I would never want my DP player to have two skills either, seems a total waste of TV to me in this edition.

wrestle tackle two heads would be a standard sweeper of any chaos team, if there wasn´t the "make the most flexible Bbteam onedimensional"- clawpomb
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DP TEAMS take wrestle; not the player.

So players 1, 2, 3 have DP, players 4, 5, 6 have wrestle
 Jump to: