42 coaches online • Server time: 23:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

so far so good for the shafted underworld \o/
orc/skaven; chaos/nurgle.... good times.
personally I'm looking forward to some entertaining khemri/pact matches... Bets on the HEs getting out of that div?
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Jumboparagon wrote:
so far so good for the shafted underworld \o/
orc/skaven; chaos/nurgle.... good times.
personally I'm looking forward to some entertaining khemri/pact matches... Bets on the HEs getting out of that div?

good coach and great players in the team... i would say if the win the first game they will win the whole qualifier...
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a look at El Drizzto´s qualifier. The Gang is on steroids these days, but we are not the only squad to enjoy the benefits of illegal medical products this year. 'Maybe Lance Armstrong sold his laboratory? ST 5 darkie blitzer, ST 5 wolf and lots of +St all around the qualifier.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and: nice draw! Chaos vs Nurgle: feel the pain! Woodies vs mb dwarves, zons vs tackling Chaos Dwarves, Rats vs pombing Orcs. Looks like pain for the av7 squads.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

My Norses can't complain, being paired with Undead and Pro Elves. But where is Vikings Dust?

Also wondering about the low numbers of Skaven and Lizards!
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Think Darkies are the team to be in this years CoS

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Chaos and Nurgle seem to have both been put in the Ogre qualifier.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definitely going to predict that slann won't be making the finals.

In fact, I'd probably go as far as saying there will be no slann teams left come round 2 Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

somertown wrote:
Races in each draw, number of entries by race (although in each draw some teams missed the cut)

1. Chaos Dwarf (12), Amazon (4), Underworld (4)
2. Human (11) Lizardman (4) Halfling (4)
3. Undead (11) Norse (5) Elf (2)
4. Orc (11) Skaven (5) Vampire (2)
5. Dwarf (10) Wood Elf (6) Goblin (2)
6. Khemri (9) Chaos Pact (6) High Elf (1)
7. Chaos (9) Nurgle (7) Ogre (1)
8. Necromantic (9) Dark Elf (8 ) Slann (1)

Ooh, second most popular team! Cool
Go humans! \o/

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the racial breakdown of the CoS. It seems that the Tomb Lords wanted a extra challenge for the qualifier. It seems that every bracket has two races pitted against each other that they dont want to play against or would of liked to have avoided in the qualfier.

Zon VS CD and both of them hate Underworld.
Hum VS Liz
Orc VS Skav
Dorf VS Wood
Khem VS CP
Chaos VS Nurg
Nec VS DE

Only the Undead/norse/Elf bracket seems to be nuetral in the racial bad matchup comparison.

Which of course leads to my main point I have allways said about majors.

Sometimes the biggest luck factor in a major, or any randomly assigned tourney, is the draw. A lot of good coaches/teams got "hosed" this year in the CoS before they even played a match.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well lets atleast make some predictions. They seem to be lite on the Box side of things.

Lets take a shot at the winners of the 8 pillars

I: Incoming Nightmare
II: Altdorf Hammers
III: Norska Raiders
IV: Burn Notice
V: Black Sithi
VI: Crynwall Sidesteppers
VII: Killing the Box
VIII: Quick 'n' Dirty

Races in the final 8

Chaos Dwarf
Human
Norse
Skaven
Wood Elf
High Elf
Chaos
Dark Elf

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Word is spreading around the oasis that houses all the teams and fans that there is a poster being put up in front of all the ale tents.

"Wanted dead: Sam Axe 50,000 GC reward to ever kills him and brings his body to Necromancer Lord Voltron of Khemri. Intact body is required, state of decay is of no concern."

Well it seems some Necromancer Lord has grand plans for his new team.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Word is spreading around the oasis that houses all the teams and fans that there is a poster being put up in front of all the ale tents.

"Wanted dead: Sam Axe 50,000 GC reward to ever kills him and brings his body to Necromancer Lord Voltron of Khemri. Intact body is required, state of decay is of no concern."

Well it seems some Necromancer Lord has grand plans for his new team.

Ah, the only Rat Ogre to ever make it to legend in the blackbox. Also the highest active star (and second all-time) for skaven...beating out all those gutter runners and blitzers. He is the heart and soul of Burn Notice. The rarest of teams - one lead by a legend big guy who changes the game when he is on the field.

He did not get here by being shy - but he took on chaos warriors and nurgle warriors one vs four in the box - time and again. He has been booted countless times - but he keeps coming back for more.

So for those who want him dead...he has but one response: Bring It On!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Deep in the heart of the Pyramid of NUFFLE in Khemri the Crown of Sands kicks off the new season for the Khemri Premier league. The local Khemri BB league that inflames the passions of Khemri.

The Crown of Sands is the kick off of the KPL Crush. Their draft for the new season. All the dead players of the CoS are available to be drafted by the highest bidder. Their anamated remains are once again infused with the power of undeath and they play forever on their KPL team or until true death overcomes them, usually at the bottom of a pile on or dirty boot.

There are 24 teams in the KPL and each of the teams is allowed 3 transfer players. These transfer players can be of any race. Thus the talent scouts for the KPL scoure the old world looking for top talent in all the other leagues. Looking for talent that has, huh, expired, in their mortal form. Some souls and bodies of the legends is very difficult to have access to and thus most of the time the talent gets away, so to speak. For some reason Elfs allways seem to resist the spell of compulsion to reanimate and be drafted. Thus there are no elf transfer players in the KPL.

Right now the defending champions, the Khemri Scorpions have a mound of cash on hand at the Crush and are waiting for some prime talent to become available. Tomb Lord Setra is their sponser and he does not take failure lightly. Also his long standing grudge against their arch rivals, the Lahmia Night crawlers, a mix raced team of Vamps, ghouls and skeletons sponsored by Nagash is allways on his mind.

Setra pulled off the "coup" of the year 2 years ago when he managed to get his hands on Krikack 'Part Duex' who has been the center piece of the Scorpions rise to the top. But the night crawlers put him into "check" when by some twist of fate or luck. They found the barrow of the Jill Roberts. Ever since these two teams have met for the last 2 KPL titles and it is allways a close match.

Both teams are hoping this years crop of CoS teams will provide them with a nice transfer player to go along side their prized players.

Rumors in the pyramid is that IF Sam Axe should fall. Both of these teams will bid in excess of 1MIL GC to get his service. There are even rumors of out right war from the losing side. The KPL might just be put on hold this season if it comes to that.

Very exciting times in the KPL. So keep your eyes on all the dead players stacking up in the CoS. The balance of power in the KPL might just be riding on it.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Some predictions:

Winners of the first 4 pillars

I: CD/Amazon/Underworld
The top half of the bracket has some interesting teams to watch with Uzkulak Rocks! having an amazing ST 5 AG 4 hobgoblin to carry the ball - but I think they will struggle actually and out of the top half of the bracket will come Da Chicago Beards - a team with less than .500 record - but they are primed to do well here. They have their own hobgoblin star (a ST 4 AG 4 ballcarrier). The lower half of the bracket looks very close as well with Incoming Nightmare seeming to have the slight edge in matchups - partially because they have been blessed with four claw blockers. It will tight games each step of the way - but in the end..
--> Incoming Nightmare Wins!

II: Humans/Lizardmen/Halflings
The humans seized on the opportunity to grab their own qualifier and avoid some of the deadlier races and it has worked for them as they were the second most popular applicant this year. However, while lizards are not going to slaughter a human team like chaos/nurgle might...they are still a tough matchup. In the top half of the bracket, the game between Inglorius Followers and Savage Lighthouse Keepers is one to watch. It is a toss-up who wins and whichever team does could go all the way...however, I am picking Crock Blockers to actually come out of the top half of the bracket - as they are a solid lizard team...and humans can struggle against the higher ST. More important - Crock Blockers has the key for lizard teams in an excellent AG 4 skink. And while this will no doubt draw the ire of all the HPL coaches...I am also picking Laget runt! to come out of the bottom half of the bracket...will the humans really be crowded out of both spots in the finals?
--> Crock Blockers Wins!

III. Undead/Norse/Elf
Undead is happy to avoid most of the agility races and the killer races...they have to feel happy about the draw - except for the two pesky elf applicants. Overall, an interesting draw for sure. The two elves face off in the first round - and Dolls, whom I almost never pick against, is looking rather depressing pounded upon at the moment...he should win against the other elf - but not get too much further this tournament. In the top of the bracket, I am thinking of taking the Bone Raiders...or just assume that Pro Popes will pull out just enough magic to make the finals - but actually it is the Norska Raiders that draw my attention. They are a rare norse team in that they have a good bench, well developed players...they have all the pieces needed to make a deep run here. Honestly, a lot of these undead teams just blend together - they are very similar really - hard to really pinpoint a favorite - I changed my mind several times...ultimately I think NewClassics will emerge from the bottom half of the bracket - but would not be surprised to see any of 5 teams make it out. In the end though...picking another of the minority races - with norse winning it.
--> Norska Raiders Wins!

IV. Orc/Skaven/Vampire
So my team is part of this one - and I will not be picking them...but lead by Sam Axe - they are not a team that any Orc wishes to face. In the top half of the bracket there are going to be some classic massive Orc team vs smaller skaven team...however, the skaven teams all have claw and one-turners...plus a wizard as inducements. Cheese'n'Roll and Glass Is Half Full are both solid skaven teams that should be able come out on top half of the bracket - my pick is Glass Is Half Full. In the bottom half of the bracket, it is going to come down to Schlumpis and Lamez - two huge Orc teams that are well coached and both have all the pieces needed. I flipped a coin and picked Lamez as the winner to come out of the bottom half of the bracket. In the end though - I am going with the skaven team (with claw/one turner/wizard) to win it.
--> Glass Is Half Full Wins!
 Jump to: