56 coaches online • Server time: 15:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why would you not play a Dwarf team of the same Rating/Strength
Dwarves kill my players more often than other races!
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Dwarves are boring to play against!
61%
 61%  [ 79 ]
I've not played against them, but I hear they are tough!
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Some other reason! - state in a post!
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 129

chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The other thing to remember is that the handicap system really hasn't done the Dwarf teams any favours. Most decent Dwarf team will generally have a strength in advance of their rating. That means that too play them in a similar strength game, coaches will often have to give up handicaps, something coaches become less likely to do at higher levels, as they start to accumulate nigglers (for virus) or dp's (under scrutinty) etc

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Theyre boring to play against

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I try really hard to play an even mix of bashy and non bashy teams but i just don't like playing aginst dwarves. I do play against dwarves but i won't play more than one or two games a week vs them and i rarely if ever ask them for a game. I have two reason for this:

1. They are boring as hell, but i think thats been covered Wink

2. They are hell on the ff roll. It is very very hard to get the two cas and also very hard to get the two tds against a dwarf team. When your up above ten ff if you lose the game 0-1 and only get 1 cas then you are very likely to lose a ff. Against chaos dwarves you can smash some hobbos and get your two cas pretty easily if not the tds but against dwarves it's just really hard to get those bonuses to the ff roll. As you go up in tr bad ff can really cripple an otherwise great team and dwarves just increase the odds of bad ff rolls. Not to mention the lack of spps you will get from the game. Sad

I know these things aren't the dwarf coaches fault and i don't think dwarves are overpowered except in some awefull matchups like vs zons but they do make it really hard to want to play against them. Not to mention thick skull can really win games when it's bashy vs bashy because it's usually a few lucky kos that decide those match ups. To sum it all up i think the problem with dwarves is that you just don't gain much of anything for playing against them, you won't get many tds or many cas or many oportunities to pass and as a reflection of that you won't get bonuses to the ff roll. In fact the only thing you really stand to gain is a lower tr from a few injuries which could be viewed as a good think i guess. Neutral

Last edited by thmbscrws on %b %30, %2004 - %21:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:

Which is a pity, since the concept of stumpy bearded men playing with balls is very appealing. Twisted Evil

Ewwwwww.... Now there's a mini i hope GW never releases.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why in the world wouldn't I play a Dwarf team? All it takes is a little bit of different planning and realizing that I can move a lot faster and I'm ok. Well, that and I don't care what I play, or even how many people I can field to play that game. As long as I can start 3 players at the end of the game, and don't have too many missing the next game, I'm happy.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ChipUK wrote:
My dark elves will say no to dwarves all the time. Aint a fair match up at all especially when they are 2 relativly new teams (tackle sux Razz)

That makes no sense... You don't have Dodge at low TR... Why would Tackle suck? The fact that they have Block across the board, now that's a different story.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah its that combination of block (like norse, who people like to play) and av9 (norse av7) that is the real groin gripper.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

My only reason not to play a team is too high of a rating Smile
meanandgreen

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:

this is a bit (read totaly) off topic, but i just want to say: NICE WORK ON YOUR GOBBO'S (the boyz). epsecially oafy, best goblin ever seen
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having the same problem with my flings, they have hard time finding games. So I've had to play dwarves with them too. And they were even rated the same tr as my flings... Need I say I lost Smile http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=279728

I do play against dwarves, but I do also look for softer games every now and then. And I also have a bit of a problem getting games with my dwarf team in factionq
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

dwarfs are too easy to beat
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves aren't too easy to beat. They are about as hard to beat as the next team. The only team that is too easy to beat is khemri. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves aren't particularly worse to play against than any of the slow, high armor teams. This is especially true at higher team rankings where most players will have block and a good number will have tackle. Given the choice, I'd rather have a MA 5 dwarf blitzer with tackle and MB coming after me than his MA 6 orc counterpart.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As Founding member of DDP i laugh at all dwarves for their days are numbered and soon they will perish from the earth. hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah!
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i find dwarves kinda unbalanced, because of the insane amount of skills that their mooks get. Block, Tackle, Thick Skull, AND AV 9 for the basic lineman!!! no other team in all the game has that many starting skills, - so many in fact that my beastmen on my chaos team with 30+ games are just getting to the point where they have as many skills as the rookie dwarven linemen! When it comes to bashing matches between dwarves and ANY other team, you have to either have a shitload of dirty players (because of thick skull and av 9), or hope that you're both chaos and lucky on your skill rolls (with claw/rsc).
 Jump to: