59 coaches online • Server time: 19:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

2 agi!!! yeahhhhhh

oh and Cameron, we will see how much you get to donate now! see you in the teeny tiny pitch!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember, the Gnomes still have AG2/no-Dodge Squig Slayers and no-Dodge Bommaz. This is not the thread to discuss further changes, nor the time.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

it amazes me how many stunty coaches are incredibly shortsighted...

--j

Huzzah! It amazes me how many FUMBBL old-timers are incredibly condescending!

But feel free to prove me wrong on this, or the previous conviction.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

it amazes me how many stunty coaches are incredibly shortsighted...

--j

Huzzah! It amazes me how many FUMBBL old-timers are incredibly condescending!

But feel free to prove me wrong on this, or the previous conviction.

I thought Shadow was making a short joke. Laughing

Let's play this out and see what happens. Gnomes are a disaster with no Dodge on the linos, and only having 1 of 114 entries in the tournament for Gnomes is very telling.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

Let's play this out and see what happens. Gnomes are a disaster with no Dodge on the linos, and only having 1 of 114 entries in the tournament for Gnomes is very telling.

Yar, I expected they would not get much rookie-tournament love.
But I've never seen anyone bring a Nurgle team to a TT tournament with rookie/near-rookie teams, either.
What are the numbers for Strigs? Are they much higher?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone in this thread is going to make FUMBBL an awful lot of cash....

Regardless of the merits of Gnomes; it's Blood Bowl even the biggest underdog can win (annoyingly). More random, daft Blood Bowl at that. A rookie team would knock you over 1 / 10 times.

Who's going to line up to take his money off him? Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Are my current gnomes going to get the dodge upgrade? Or only the new ones I purchase?

Still dont have my answer............

Last edited by PainState on %b %26, %2013 - %23:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
Yar, I expected they would not get much rookie-tournament love.
But I've never seen anyone bring a Nurgle team to a TT tournament with rookie/near-rookie teams, either.
What are the numbers for Strigs? Are they much higher?

I don't want to give out too much on what teams are coming, just in case it might be perceived as biasing others' choices. If Shadow is ok with it I can list all the entries by race. Having said that, Nurglings and Strigs are both represented better than Gnomes, and even Albion Fae as it stands.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I was greatly disapointed my first game with the gnomes...I had this wild dream of.....

Cannon + Daredevil with ball + HMP = Lawn dart.

Found out I cannot HMP my ball carrier on a TTM....it was a dark moment. I had the feeling my Cannon backfired or something.

So I have a new plan of cannon attack...Both have dump off and NoS. Just waiting for the daredevils to work their way to the other end of the field and then HMP from my endzone to the Daredevils in the other endzone.

On a conceptial level Daredevils are just Catchers, thus misnamed....A true daredevil you give him the ball. Stuff him in the cannon, hope he does not get eaten (lost in the barrell eaten, or eaten as in missfire and he lands 4 miles out of the stadium spread eagle against a barn door, and then shoot him to the other end of the field on a Hail Mary Cannon Shot.

Last edited by PainState on %b %26, %2013 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

I dont think so that there be a Disaster, there be now weak at start of the Team but later it will be awesome with Mass POMB and Guard Dudes. Its now like the normal Chaos Team hard at start, but latter it will be horrible Strong.

This Tourney is an Rookie Tourney so, the Team isnt often played cause its a Team for the Highrolers.

My Vote, No Dodge for Gnomes for the same Price.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ErobererZim wrote:
My Vote, No Dodge for Gnomes for the same Price.

Well gnomes with no dodge means Dodge and/or Block only on doubles. Since they only have S access.

S access only is a big guy skill tree...So by that theory then if Gomes are S only then instead of Dodge and ST2. Give them ST3 and stick with S access only.

I would prefer Dodge and ST2 and S access only.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

All credit to whatball, its a brave man who can hold their hand up and admit to making a mistake like that.

In regard to the "overpowered" bit, most gnomes will never skill up, they are too slow and remain quite fragile in real terms, so the skill access thing is a red herring IMO. Block and tackle are the real power skills in this league and they still need doubles for that. As they should.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
they are too slow

Slow? Ah, sir did you not notice that really freaking huge cannon behind me? Yeah, that is my chariot of fire sir.

You call me slow again and I set the cannon for direct fire.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
If so, then I will offer a $100 donation to FUMBBL every time someone wins against my Gnome team! I remain exceeding confident that I will not exceed my planned donation of $50 per year.

I have to say you are double rolling skill up fiend sir !!! Smile Shocked

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
So.... is everything else about them going to stay the same? Ag3? Av8? S access...? Holy schamoly!

If so, then I will offer a $100 donation to FUMBBL every time someone wins against my Gnome team! I remain exceeding confident that I will not exceed my planned donation of $50 per year.

Then you´ll want to play my cheaters and we can make Christer one happy site owner. PM me when online and there is suitable time for a game.

WhatBall, this is great thing that you give gnomes dodge back.
 Jump to: