40 coaches online • Server time: 13:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill Options
Break Tackle
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Side Step
40%
 40%  [ 27 ]
Mighty Blow
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Guard
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Leap in the hopes of winning the WoC: Slaanesh Qualifiers and getting VLL
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Ignore Double and take a normal skill
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Retire him to become a piemaker
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 66

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
Sure feet and then sprint

reliable ma8 is want you want with your ball carrier.

I agree here. Sure Feet... then Sprint if you roll another double.

If not those then Mighty Blow or Guard.
On Offense Mighty Blow changes his role with the team if you want to utilize that skill.
Guard is good on a Dedicated Runner to help his teammates to separate him from a pileup/scrum and to help clear away those pesky Leapers and Man Markers.
Defensively both skills can be very useful.
Jasfmpgh

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll add another vote for fend
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

sure feet

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

From his stats it appears that he's your ball carrier/scorer, and that Pass is there as a threat and last resort, not a preferred play.

MB would be more attractive if he blocked more - but it appears he just doesn't. 2x/game average doesn't support the skill (and it might invite you to change your playstyle). But you are in the Box, so a bigger fist is a better fist.

The votes for various movement skills - meh. If he's keeping up with the cage, if he's scoring, what more does he need?

Fend will keep him alive, and often end up where he doesn't need Dodge, and that's win, but he's got that on a normal roll. Live dangerously for now, take Fend next.

Sidestep makes him riskier to block (esp without Tackle) and can put him in a safer position, but it doesn't help him stay on his feet in the first place. Not sold, but there are some good coaches recommending it.

For me, for my playstyle, there is something attractive about St 4 Break Tackle combined with Dodge - 35/36 to just waltz away (or 2+ v. Tackle) has clear utility. I'm just not sure it has enough added utility over his current Ag 3 Dodge compared to taking Sidestep instead. But that's where I put my vote, and why. <shrugs>

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Feet and Break Tackle merit consideration, yes. Guard too: Guard on a carrier is better than you think. I still like Side Step. I think Break Tackle would be my second-choice (not after SS, but instead).

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be tempted by guard or break tackle.

The downside to break tackle is only if he rolls +AG as a legend skill, assuming he makes it. So you're risking a wasted skill.

Fend I think is a skill that will only be relevant in desperate situations. Mostly people will be trying to break open your cage. Guard makes shifting markers that much easier. Or if he gets the ball on defense, it is useful for creating space.

With MA5, I don't think sure feet makes too much sense. If you're having to make a lot of gfis, you're probably playing the wrong way.

EDIT: also kick off return is nice. Maybe just ignore the doubles and take a skill that gets him to the ball much quicker.

Last edited by Chainsaw on %b %15, %2013 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Claw

Eminently more sensible than some. DP? Wink
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
The downside to break tackle is only if he rolls +AG as a legend skill, assuming he makes it. So you're risking a wasted skill.

Only 1/18 chance, but it feels like so much more... Cool

(And if he rolls +St!.... of course, the only optimists in FUMBBL are ones that think they're going to somehow start winning soon...) Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard. Orcs <3 Guard.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Break Tackle would allow you to "cut corner" on tackle zones thus having a similar effect as added movement. Since you have Dodge, it's a natural and I can't believe anyone is seriously going side step on this one.

Jump to: