16 coaches online • Server time: 07:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So this isn't really a general build, its a specialized build for DE linos who don't roll doubles and live to make legend.

In that case, who cares?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, its a general build, after skill 3 in the original Q, but most discuss the first skills. A non general build would be: "I need a kicker, so kick" or "I lost my wrackle, so I have to go tackle".

Also, a lineman that is not built for the line, don't need wrestle, so when I started an all lineman team (again) my first 3-4 skill-choices were block. Something you only do later, if you for example pick dodge, then roll a double and select guard/mb.

The reason you keep creating wrestle linemen is that you keep losing the guys on the line and need to replace them continuously, hence you need minimum 3 up to 5 (since they keep dying).

Also, I never had a lineman that lived to legend without rolling stats and working as a passer then sacker. Most common is probably mb+po legends,they get there quick and die fast also.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

On high elves I get creative, but on Darkies it's really pretty simple.

I pretty much just blodge everyone. Take guard on doubles. Your positionals should do most of the heavy lifting, so really I wouldn't focus on building up your lineman core much.

As stated before, I like to have some variety with High Elves... frenzy, guard, maybe a diving tackle dude. But with DE, you're probably ideally looking at 2 blodge guards and a bunch of rookies.

If you really want to do something different, one wrestle/tackle/dodge guy can occasionally contribute a sack. A blodge/sidestep/diving tackle man can make dodging a pain. But these are expensive investments, with TV probably better spent on your stars.
polardragon

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Block/Wrestle - these are the guys that end up marking killers and tacklers.

Blodge is nice.

Blodge and Guard is awesome.

Blodge Guard and sidestep is even better.

But if you play in the Blackbox, most won't make it past block/wrestle.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Block/Wrestle - these are the guys that end up marking killers and tacklers.

Blodge is nice.

Blodge and Guard is awesome.

Blodge Guard and sidestep is even better.

But if you play in the Blackbox, most won't make it past block/wrestle.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The best build for DE linos is this.

BLODGE or WRODGE

Once they hit 31+ and you have another lino with the COMBO and kick you then fire ever lino that hits 31+ SPP from that point forward.

Linos once they hit 31+ are just TV bloat and DE's have enough bloat built in betwen the blitzers/witches to deal with.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, GUARD, Dodge, SS in that order.

Blodge SS DT is cool but nothing compared to a handful of guard elves. I always recycle over 3 skills if they don't have anything exciting. Wrestle is good but not a combo with guard ss and hence I always take block first and hopefully second skill can be a double. (oh ss guard works with witches on the sides and creates choas around a cage and not bad on offense)

blodge ss leap - fired
blodge kick something or other - fired
Blodge leap tackle - fired
Blodge guard ss - kept and gave one DT and one fend at 5 skills. Team lived 100+games and the guards were total win.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Holy moly. How on earth can you folks afford to fire DE linos that don't double by 3rd skill? For that matter, you have DE linos that get to a 3rd skill? Shocked

Bunch of R players... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge/guard first skill.

Second skill is wrestle/kick/guard.

Third skill is a luxury.

__Synn
juck101

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah mine is mostly in league play.

Yeah I would suggest as DE are pretty pricey the plan is stick to 11 men whilst under 1500 and when you get a new player you need to have everyone on 2 skills ideally. If you go less than 11 just keep the cash and get some 16spps players whilst life becomes clear. That also helps in recycling if you have an idea if you have any guard or not yet. Dodge is cool but I prefer a fair wall of block before. And anyway this is a classic thinking about linos when really the 4 blitzers will all be on dodge at 6spps before you need to think about stocking up on dodge linos. Also this is why block first is totaly fine in my eyes becasue I have 4 dodge players to work with typically in my turn after a few games.

4x blodge blitzers and maybe 1 or 2 with ss, 4x block linos 3rr is a fairly playable team. The wall of dodge does not give enough options to win game imho and then you are missing cash becasue of it. I certianly go to 13 as soon as the basis of the team is formed and will ballon from 1500 to 1750+ in a game or so when the withces arrive.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The real question here is;

How much food can a troll actually eat. Enough already....
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, Dodge, Guard.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST blodge pomb tackle.
 Jump to: