50 coaches online • Server time: 21:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
Here is my black list :

The funny thing is that you called me a "mouse" when I refused to play you and said that you're in my DNP list. What does this topic make you?
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont wanna write anything offencive as i may end up on your DNP list, now that would be a shame

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, Mafo is on my Preferred list... guess that shows how different opinions can be after meeting someone for an hour with 10 lines of chat exchanged.
Mafo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like a lot of people like me but some put me on the DNP list... well, cant please everybody all the time. Would be fun hearing why Im on yer list though, cant remember why...
Beater

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My comments on Mafo is "Fast". That weighs up for any number of fouls, stalls or amount of verbal abuse.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mafo fouls a lot !

Beater wrote:
My comments on Mafo is "Fast". That weighs up for any number of fouls, stalls or amount of verbal abuse.
Mafo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, that means one of two things: i played you in a tournament or you fouled first. Could be that you had some really evil players or i got the ref too. Normally i dont foul much though, you probably caught me in a bad mood...
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder how many blacklists I'm on. Probably a lot. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I will always ignore other peoples DNP lists.

I will never EVER not play someone just because somebody else doesn't.
I prefer to make my own mind up about coaches as and when I play them.

I have friends who have said "don't play coach x...he stalls, fouls, cries whatever"
I have played coach x and had a fantastic game with them.

So far my DNP list consists of..... no-one. Not a single coach that I have played has ever given me reason to not play them again.
Sure some people get upset and maybe dish out a little abuse. (whether verbally or on the pitch in the form of fouling).
It happens. Rise above it. We've all had bad results from time to time.

In short...make your own mind up about who you want to play and do everyone a favour.
Keep it to yourself.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just too lazy to create a dnp-list... if someone is really abusive in the chat, I'll remember his name anyway and even then he might have been in a bad mood (I've gotten pissed once in a game myself when both my star-gutter's died in the same match, luckely the server-downtime when the drives crashed fixed that Smile ) so I'll generally give anyone a few chances. If someone keeps being abusive, I'll sure as hell remember his name anyway so DNP-lists are like totally unnecessary... there are some I will avoid with some teams (won't play a known heavy fouler with an av7-team if I can avoid it for instance) and you might call that "cherry-picking" and I might agree, but other then that, I'll play anyone anytime I can as long as I think I have a fair shot at winning (and losing... nothing more boring then a game ya can't lose...)

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading this thread ive decided to remove my of my DNP list and just keep my "play list". DNP lists are pretty lame when posted publicly and most people deserve a second chance.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say better remove this blacklist albator. Or add me to that list as well and speak to me in admin channel about abusing a system to insult coaches of bad style or whatever.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its fun this thread is written by a guy that "tries to take out the fun of stunty". Check this match report...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=121841

And this thread:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1311&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Bottomline is, people see the game differently. What one person hates the other doesnt care about at all. Starting to flame coaches whose playing style you dont like shouldnt be done. Cheaters maybe, but not people that do something thats completly legal in the game. Sure, keep your DNP-list but dont go out in a forum and say "this guy is a jerk, dont play him". As a result from this thread ive decided to remove my DNP-list from my coach-info. And as i play so many games I cant remember all those that i dont wanna play again so I might end up playing them again. But who knows? It might be a really fun and exciting game that time. If that person repeats his (according to me) bad behaviour I might remember him, but probably not more than a month.
Wichtel

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL!
Albator, you are really killing yourself. You have such a bad rep in the community, and now: This thread....unbelievable!
I think you are one of the coaches we can find on MANY blacklist.

This is not a good way to gain rep, really not.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

That makes it even worse. I wont play xyz is not a problem, I won't play xyz because he said this or that against my momma?? Thats altogether different.

I have a do not play list, its three names and I've been a member since November 2003. I think that is a compliment to all the other coaches who play regularly on this wondeful site.
 Jump to: