37 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,

The draw was made at around 12.20 BB time with Coach Stanley and myself in the irc.

Here follows the fluff, the TLDR version and summary is below the wall of text.

--

Right folks. We're inside the EEL Admin building here for the inaugural Super 4 draw.

Ah, here comes the official EEL representative. Wow. That's a face only a mother could love. The little guy is ugly, even for a gnome.

There's a large pool of water here in the centre of this rank-smelling chamber. Sort of like an indoor pond. Ah, there are eels in there. Off to one side, dimly lit by candles, is a wretched altar. The EEL representative steps over to the altar and produces... What is that? Ah, it's a fishing rod.

I see. Here goes. The representative is attaching tackle to the rod and stepping up to the water. Either side of the pond are two large tanks filled with water. One is labelled 'Eel Pasty Division'; the other bears the name 'Jellied Eel Division'.

Ah, here come Coaches Stanley and Stonefist (Anzelak) to keep a beady eye over the procedings.

The gnome steps up to the pool and dangles his fishing rod into the water. Here's how it'll work: the gnome will haul up an eel and place one in the Eel Pasty Division tank. Then he'll haul up another eel and put him in the Jellied Eel Division tank. We'll carry on like that until there are four eels in each tank. Each tank will be taken to the EEL halfling chefs and made into a delicacy to be "enjoyed" by coaches of that respective division. I wonder who will be able to keep their meal down the longest.

Ah ha! We have an early biter. The gnome is pulling him out. Hmm. Evil-looking eel. It can only be the chaos team. The Barren Hills Bashers are going into the Eel Pasty Division division pond.

Here we go again. The gnome steps up to the pond again... Bit of a wait this time...

A-ha! We have a biter. Up comes the eel. Wow. That stench is bad. Definitely the undead eel, and yes, there's the Hunger Wood Rotspurs name branded on the side. In he goes to the Jellied Eel Division tank.

Right, back to the Eel Pasty Division. Jumping onto the line we have... Ah! This eel has long pointed ears and a sense of superiority. It can only be the high elf eel. Tor Alessi Kestrels go into the Eel Pasty Division tank.

Next up? Sigmr's jewels! That's an ugly-looking eel. Bright green with a massive head. There's writing on the side of the eel. Ah, it's a team name Of course! It's the Orc team's eel. Black Fortress Doomguard go into the Jellied Eel Division tank.

It's the halfway point now so the EEL representative is having his legally mandated smoke. What do we make of the draw so far then folks?

Who's next then? Ah. The eel's out. Well then. That EEL is furry, like a wolf. Yes, the representative is looking for a name amongst the fur. There's the name. Of course, it's the Akendorf Raizers and they're going into the Eel Pasty Division tank.

Next eel. Gods! That one has got tentacles coming out of its back. Well, I'm not surprised to see the Nurgle team name on the side of that abomination. The Grimway Monoliths go into the Jellied Eel Division division. I certainly won't be sampling the Jellied Eels, I can tell you, and I'm sure I'll be raising my glass to the poor coaches who've got to eat them. They won't last long.

Next eel. Ah! It's one of the Emperor's own eels! A gift from the Empire's human cousins. That can mean only one thing: the Bretonnia Knights are going into the Eel Pasty Division tank.

Ah. Last but not least. Pale-skinned and bearded. That looks to me like it's the Norse eel. Yep, there's the name on the side. The Nordland Craghammers go to the Jellied Eel Division division. Undead, Orc and Nurgle! No wonder he didn't want to come out of the pond.

--

Draw is as follows:

Eel Pasty Division

Barren Hills Bashers
Tor Alessi Kestrels
Akendorf Raizers
Bretonnia Knights

Jellied Eel Division

Hunger Wood Rotspurs
Black Fortress Doomguard
Grimway Monoliths
Nordland Craghammers

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2014 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I'd hijack this thread and make it our match report thread too.

The Tor Alessi Kestrels faced off against the Akendorf Raizers in their first game in the EEL Pasty Division this afternoon. The game swung one way and then the other, as both teams saw fate (and nuffle - blessed be his name) favour them at some times and then discard them at others.

The Kestrels came out on top in the end and team captain Traeliorn Salendor had this to say:

"It was a close game and in truth for much of the second half I thought we were going to lose it after Finwë failed to score.

"The boys need to learn how to block though, too many failures today and on another day it would have cost us.

"All in all I'm delighted with the result, if not the performance, and when it mattered the boys came good."

Full report can be found here.
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work. Settling down now with a cup of tea to watch the game.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2014 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The Craghammers lose their first game 2-1 against Orc team Black Fortress Doomguard. Havardr Askelson gets his ankle messed up after scoring a TD and will require replacing when we have the cash. Olafur á þrumu does MNG a BoB, but that will likely help the next team more than it helped us. The Craghammers received in the first half and ground down the pitch for an 8-turn score. They gave up a quick touchdown and received again. Coach Johar had this to say: 'We struggled with the kicks. The Doomguard kicked extremely close to the mid-line on both occasions and we didn't have enough about us to get the ball safe. It all fell apart towards the end.'

Head Coach Stonefist was angry after the game: 'The lads will need to toughen up if we've any chance of getting one of those Super 4 team slots. Still, I'd better hire me a bloody apothecary.' Stonefist refused to commit to who he may sign up to replace Havardr. 'We'll talk about it when we've got the sodding coins. I'll try and hire less of a dancer this time round. We might fare a little better then.'

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Another topsy turvy game for the Tor Alessi Kestrels as they travelled to the Barren Hills to play the Bashers. The Kestrels came out on top in this funny/frustrating/unbelievable ridiculous game, again taking the win with a last minute touchdown.

from the match report

- terrible game for blocking for both sides. In 74 blocks, the two teams rolled 14 double skulls, double both downs or a combination of the two - roughly one in five blocks failed - 8 rolled by the elves and 6 by the Bashers.

Full report here.
Raughri

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The Kestrels are about to take on the Bretonnia Knights in the the L'Anguille derby to decide who finishes top of the Eel Pasty Division.

Come and spec!
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2014 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Jellied Eel Division, we know you are too afraid to face the cream of Eel Pasty on the pitch but you cannot dodge the inevitable for ever Razz
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2014 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
Come on Jellied Eel Division, we know you are too afraid to face the cream of Eel Pasty on the pitch but you cannot dodge the inevitable for ever Razz

Brutal words. Brutally true Razz.

My Norse will try and pick themselves up after a painful opening defeat tomorrow! We want a Super 4 spot, but I'm pretty sure we'll end up gunning for the Charity Bowl instead Wink.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Athel Loren Warhawk - We Lose 1-0

Wild but entertaining game against the Athel Loren Warhawk results in a painful 1-0 loss for the Craghammers. This game means zero points from two games and rules us out of a Super 4 spot.

The WElves elected to received and began the game hella rowdy. The Warhawk's opening three blocks and blitz resulted a stun, KO, BH and kill (luckily the kill fell on merc Ulric Hotstream). Jaarvic responded by immidiately MNGing lineman Amhas. The following turn, Farnoth dropped the ball in what looked like a sureshot scoring play and allowed the Norse to get the grind on. Soon after player numbers were equal but the squabble for the ball continued. Crucial berserker Volki Voldugu was then blasted out of the game with a MNG by Silontol (who'd already netted a casulty) and in return Ulfy Josurr BHs the WElf catcher. Unexpected double skulls for the Craghammers made it look like the WElves might get their TD after all, but the WD Olanis couldn't get a handle on the ball. He eventually does get a grip on it but Alrek Langvetur, normally so nonchalant, makes a sensational intercept on the passing play to ensure the game was scoreless at half time. Remaining zerker Thrain Haettasokk couldn't build up the momentum to crowd surf the offending WD.

Second half. It's 8-7 players in favour of the Craghammers, and a quick KO means it's 8-6 and two stunned WElves. But the Craghammers are too eager. They move forward and allow strip-ball WD to relieve the ball carrier of his charge and after much hilarity and a long blocking battle (which the Craghammers appear to be winning) the WElves eventually break free and get themselves the game's only TD. The third kick off is 8-5 players for Jaarvic but they never really look like getting the tying touchdown. Var Votek Mynt does make a hopeful dash down the centre but in the end it's all for nought. He gets himself knocked out and Bodvarr double skulls to end Jaarvic's chances of a Super 4 spot in the worst way possible.

'Perhaps I should have signed Boomer?' Head Coach Anzelak Stonefist said as he looked into the dregs of another cup of ale. 'We didn't need the bribe really as we hardly fouled.'

Still, there's always next year?

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Grimway Monoliths - Draw 1-1

A wretched first season for the Craghammers came to an end with a 1-1 draw over the Grimway Monoliths. Lineman Vjar Himinndrepa will be retired after picking up a -1 STR injury.

It started very promisingly. Jaarvic played well in the first half resulting in a 1-0 lead at the half time horn in spite of a perfect Nurgle defense.

However, plenty of moaning from our opposing coach resulted in Nuffle's intervention and a turning of tables (^^). Two of our lads get injured in the opening turn of the second half and we go down 11-7 players. The Monoliths get a ponderous TD scored after all manner of KOs and stuns.

The Craghammers line up to try and get the winning TD with 11-8 players but hit perfect defense again. Lineman Var Votek Mynt BHs himself on a rr'd GFI to pickup the ball, which is pretty much a perfect metaphor for the Craghammer's opening season. However, clutch defending from Ulfy Josurr Dökkjalla does prevent a loss - and he also MNGs the beast of nurgle!

'Let's see how we manage in the Charity Bowl,' Head Coach Stonefist told a reporter. 'I've got some work cut out if we're going to whip these reprobates into a Grand Final winning team come Season 2. Watch this bloody space.'

Limping runner Havardr had his contract terminated after the game along with injured lineman Vjar.

'It's bad enough with a healthy set of lads,' Stonefist said with a puff on his long Dwarfen pipe. 'Yet alone with a bunch that run funny. We'll axe the injured ones and get in new blood.'

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks, we're still recruiting for the next season.

Check out this blog post if and contact me if you're up for a quick and furious 4-team round robin followed by playoffs for the top teams and a Charity Bowl for the not-so-top teams!

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2014 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Two more spots free.

PM me if you're interested.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Could still do with one more coach.

PM me if you're interested.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2014 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Finalle created and applied Lizard team to the league.
All welcome the LUSTRIA JUNGLE CREEPER!
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2014 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ShangoFu wrote:
Finalle created and applied Lizard team to the league.
All welcome the LUSTRIA JUNGLE CREEPER!

Welcome aboard Smile

Very glad to have you.