74 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 12:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Underworld development is something that never works out how you plan Razz
I'd build both your blitzers as killers, not because you need 2 but because you'll probably only ever have one skilled at a time. I've also only ever run one thrower, don't know why Smile
I don't think I'd buy a 4th re-roll either. I started with 4 and dropped down as the team got better. 4 70k re-rolls push your TV to a level where it's hard for Underworld to compete.

On the Troll, I'm currently agonizing over the best 1st skill to give mine. Claw isn't the best choice overall, but may help him get more skills quicker. My Box team troll has claw/tents/guard and I love him. He's getting me through this rough patch after the death of the thrower and both the good blitzers Smile For this one I'm considering Guard first though.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

claw helps him skill quicker. That's the only reason i;d take it first. But depends on the league competition really. If i run him in this semi-stunty TT league i might well take tents first seeing there will be less high Armour and more low Str players to keep tied up and smoosh

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and on a Stormvermin. . .Claw or MB first? I guess it depends on the lined up opponents but what's generally better to take first? As obviously getting that +1 to rolls can be gold but Claw can often in a way give a bigger bonus than MB just only on armour. Like AV9+ to get better out of Claw than MB at an effective +2 so long as i obviously break AV7. Thoughts?

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 13:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Always MB first

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

right Smile That's what i thought but wanted to be sure. So make both Stormvermin Killers and likely turn a linerat into a two heads, wrestle, strip ball player.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
right Smile That's what i thought but wanted to be sure. So make both Stormvermin Killers and likely turn a linerat into a two heads, wrestle, strip ball player.

Consider a goblin that doubles for that role. wrestle/two heads/horns - go anywhere on a 2+ with reroll and then 1d a ST3 carrier. Then use another 2 heads + big hand goblin to grab the ball.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

ooo that's an awesome idea Very Happy i;d need 2 doubles on 1 gobbo to make it the perfect ball nabber though. Wrestle+Strip ball. Tis why i thought a line rat would be better for it.

Oh and i've played 2 game on Cyanides BB with my underworld team and got 2 1-0 victories. 1 against Chaos and 1 against Khorne and yeah, Gobbos go down fast. But i've managed to add my 2nd thrower and skill up my Troll with claw and a Blitzer with MB. 2nd Blitzer has 3 SPP so i'll get a TD with him next game to get my 2nd MB Blitzer and see where to go from there. Next game's against Gobbos so i should be able to get some good SPP outa this game.

Oh, i also got a -1 Str Gobbo, should i just sack it and replace it? It's just a rookie or just hold onto it and just foul with it.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sack the gobbo. ST1 is unfathomably bad - ST 3 players get a no-assist 3d on you! Far more than av5, st 1 is what makes Snots so terrible.

To be honest, there's several ways to make a good sacker with a goblin - one double with wrestle is kinda okay, two with wrestle/strip is nice, or even wrestle/tackle. Added to that, +ST is obviously great on them, for st 3 + horns.

The main difference is the hardest bit about hitting a ball carrier is getting into the cage, not getting the ball off them. A linerat really struggles - their best shot is to leap in, which still requires a double. A goblin can just waltz in.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Replace the gobbo or sit at 13 players?

And i see what you mean. The reason they're so good is cause of the whole 'I go where i want!' thing about 2 headed gobbos. But how i see it is you'll likely be giving up 2D againsts on the ball carrier, unless they're S3 and you have horns and you've managed to get 2 guys on the corners to cancel the TZ's. . . unless even 1 of them has guard, then you're boned.
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice is to get an agi 5 thrower and two agi 4 killer blitzers (for no reason). Then, have one of the agi 4 killers die and still roll 11 on the replacement blitzer's skillup: Warp Thirteens. This is hands down the most fun I've ever had playing BB. Underworld are brilliant.

Watch mister_joshua's replays. Listen to everything he says.

Blitzers: mb, claw. Then have fun.

Linerat: wrestle, strip ball/tackle.

Gobbos: 2 heads. On doubles: block/wrestle. A block/2h gobbo is beautiful. A ss/2h gobbo is beautiful.

Trolls: pray for block. Otherwise tentacles. If you aren't playing them passively you will lose more than you win.

Remember, enjoy your players while they are alive. It won't be for long and they will all die in glorious fire. When they do, hope you can say >>this<< to the chaos coach who deals 500 tv of damage. Then come back stomping.

When playing Underworld, always aim to butcher and murder. Have no conscience. You're not playing Chaos/CD/Nurgle crap. You're playing guys who must murder or be murdered. Don't whine when all your players die. Nuffle will reward you when he feels like it.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My question to everyone would be what would you do if a blitzer rolled doubles at rookie or with MB or with Claw?

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I also want to know if it's worth taking a +MA at 1st skill up on a Stormvermin. . .cause i just rolles a 6+4. Should i still go MB or have a lovely MA8 Stormvermin.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge or Jump up.

I'd be tempted to skip the +MA, but as going to MA8 would make him the fastest guy on the team I'd probably wind up taking it anyway.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a double so can't get dodge or jump up. i rolled a 6+4 not a double 5.

So it;s either +MA or MB. Both will help him skill quicker, +MA with easier 2TTD's and MB with getting CAS. I don't wanna pass up the opportunity to get a stat but also don't wanna put myself further away from CLPOMB.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd skip 6+4 if it was me, personally.

There's a lot of divergence with Underworld teams though. You can do so much with them that it's the nature of the beast.