30 coaches online • Server time: 10:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was a small number of coaches it wouldn't be much of a problem. But we're talking about the majority of teams at high TV.

Calling people douches for playing to the rules is part of the reason for this R/B divide.

I think CPOMB causes too much damage. I think there are too many people using CPOMB. But I would rather have that than have to worry about conforming to whatever the other guy's 'code of conduct' is.

The Box probably won't die. At least not in European evening. Because for young teams it still works and for heavy bashing it still works.

It might surprise some of you guys but a lot of people like a bit of bashing. Whether they want to admit to it or not. Wink

If the only viable team is heavy bash then heavy bash it is.

Even if coach numbers drop you will still be able to get games if coaches aim for certain draws. e.g. Non bash aim for :30 draws. That would increase your chances of getting a game and decrease your chances of drawing a CPOMBer.

The Box will continue to live because overall CRP works better with it than LRB4 did.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
If it was a small number of coaches it wouldn't be much of a problem. But we're talking about the majority of teams at high TV.

Yes, we are NOW. My opinion is that this state of affairs was caused by a select few coaches with a lack of regard for the other guy's fun. Don't you think diversity would slowly return if said category of coaches started playing in a way that doesn't waste everybody else's time?

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well I have been pushing for a Shadow run dictatorship Box where he tells jerks to stop being jerks and deletes their teams if they offend him over and over again Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
koadah wrote:

Yes, we are NOW. My opinion is that this state of affairs was caused by a select few coaches with a lack of regard for the other guy's fun. Don't you think diversity would slowly return if said category of coaches started playing in a way that doesn't waste everybody else's time?

No, I don't.

Because there will still be a whole lot of bash out there. Are you going to delete all the claw teams? All the top human teams too? They're not exactly pacifists.

Let's also delete anyone with too much blodge. Delete all the one turners too. Delete all the slow coaches. And of course anyone who you've fallen out with on the forums.

In reality I suppose I am not really whining about the Box specifically. I just think CPOMB needs a nerf and Box is where it is most obvious.

If I wanted to play ranked I'd play ranked. I'd rather risk the killers than that.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

in all seriousness, why are the two threads open about the same thing atm?

Also shouldn't we see how things go with the new box scheduler first. You never know 6 months down the line cpomb teams might find it harder to keep rebuilding and suffer leading to more diversity. WE just don't know yet.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
well I have been pushing for a Shadow run dictatorship Box where he tells jerks to stop being jerks and deletes their teams if they offend him over and over again Razz

Finally a sensible suggestion!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
in all seriousness, why are the two threads open about the same thing atm?

It's two threads about different things and people (including you) derail them both off topic about the same topic.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm the op for both seem to be making similar suggestions, both for blackbox improvements etc..

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In general though, who doesn't like raffles?

And if in general people enjoy raffles, why not create one for people who participate in something that could use a little love?

Hell, the more I think about it, the less this idea needs to be a rule and rather the more there needs to just be a general way of thanking players for participating on fumbbl. I fear we might not get to 3 million games for another appreciation celebration.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, when I got that potion from 2 million games I thought: Why on nuffle's scorched sweltering pitch are we not utilizing stuff like this more often? I was super excited to get a chance to heal a fun player at some point down the road. If you could bring some of that anticipatory excitement around every so often it might be a net good for the site.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't enjoy raffles.

However... if we're going down that road, why not go all the way?

Clearly Blood Bowl (and by extension the whole universe) is failing. Drastic measures are needed to inject FUN back into the game. I say we open up the site to the free market. Pay for skills, remove injuries, players from different races on the same team. Cash in before it's too late!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If potions and raffles are the reason people keep playing Bloodbowl, then we're wasting our time playing Bloodbowl.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
In general though, who doesn't like raffles?
And if in general people enjoy raffles, why not create one for people who participate in something that could use a little love?

OK, now Garion has a point. This thread is pointless.

I really don't understand why you people don't make a thread about improving blackbox if thats what you want to talk about. Razz

But ok, I guess we already have such a thread started by Christer Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

aye, this is the 3rd one now Razz

Kryten wrote:
If potions and raffles are the reason people keep playing Bloodbowl, then we're wasting our time playing Bloodbowl.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Might even be the 214509877890634th.

Yet some people maintain there is no problem Smile