53 coaches online • Server time: 14:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which sub-optimal skill for Beast?
Fend
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Wrestle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dauntless
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Kick
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Strip Ball
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Leap
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shadowing
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2014 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up for me. Half the time he will mark a cage corner. Then even powed there is a fair chance the cage needs to be moved.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2014 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally like Shadowing a lot and might have taken it there, although Fend our Jump Up are the best options there in my opinion.

Why should there be no synergy between Shadowing and Diving Tackle? If the opponent rolls a 6 and gets away (possibly after using his Dodge RR), he will be pretty screwed when Shadowing works. Additionally the ability to follow a player who followed up after throwing a block is pretty neat on a player like him. If you don't have a 2db with Tackle you are probably not too eager to block/blitz him. With Shadowing, you probably won't even block someone else, as it might draw the blitzer closer to the ball or generally into a better position.

I have Shadowing on a couple of players for fluff reasons and it sometime works wonders. Too bad there are so many better skills. :-/

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up is probably the best option, but I think that Shadowing comes close for the reasons that other people have mentioned.

Also, don't forget that with Side Step he'd be able to switch places with the attacker when he gets pushed and the attacker follows up. Unlikely to be useful a lot of times, but pretty cool when it works (and most likely overlooked by the opponent).
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2014 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

the problem with shadowing is the rules have prevented it working with DT. Sadly you have to choose to use DT first. If it was the other way round then it would be a great skill combo.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2014 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe, having thought about it, you're right, I overstated things -- there is synergy with DT in cases where the dodge roll permits an escape, so the Shadowing is the backup and hopefully forces another try. But as Garion says it would be nicer if the Shadowing escape roll was first. What I was really trying to say was that I think it's overkill to have both. But Shadowing's a good skill, I like it. Jump Up's better in this case imo but Shadowing's solid too. Both are "surprise" skills that can really gain you an advantage in the right circumstances if the opponent forgets, or isn't used to dealing with them.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the strength of Shadowing probably is that opponents are not used to it. I'd love to have a team focused on that skill... I'm yet trying to figure out which would work nicely. But that's another topic.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It would have to be a running team with speed and armour. I think Dark Elfs and Humans are the only ones with enough players that qualify (4 each)... and Darkies get Side Step, so there you go.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Human blitzers get Stand Firm and Guard... also valid options.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Retirement, you don't know how to use it anyway Very Happy

Jump to: