41 coaches online • Server time: 16:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Necro and Undead discussion
Necro lose their Golems and Undead lose a Mummy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Golems and Mummies get decay
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Iam with Settra of no nerfs to rosters..KPL is fine as is.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
I have a better idea beside getting rid of all rosters but Khemri
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
PIE: Iam just hanging out eating the pie and drinking Settras brown ale.
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Beerox

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

If we look at just conference play and not add in the divisonal round. The 4 necro teams are 15-3, very nice. So I was expecting to see domination and dismay when I checked out our poor Khemri teams. So I took the top 4 Khemri teams in conference play and they are 17-5!!!!

Of course the top teams will have a good record, cmon man. Rolling Eyes

Out on a limb here, but I would bet that the middle 4 Khemri teams had an average record. Oh and the bottom 4 had a poor record.

In any case, the bottom 4 Necro teams are 15-3.

And whoever said we weren't fickle? Does this surprise Settra? Few others are talking though, so a lost cause perhaps.

But a league where Khemri are Kings is still the dream - worthy of continued pursuit. Fighting the fight on pitch and off.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bedouin coach, sitting in the back of the chamber, remains quiet. Maybe Settra didn't hear him, most likely he did, and he is contemplating why his High Priests can restore past players' strength, speed and endurance, but not their agility. WhatBall glance's over at the High Priest elites who are over-seeing the meeting and pouring over the tome of Nuffle. But they are already looking back at him, as they've likely just realized the same thing, and the fear is sinking in. The coach grins, nods, and goes back to staring out the window, hoping to get out of the city and back to the deep desert soon.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %06, %2014 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
SunDevil

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE the fluff of the league and PainState is one of the best commishes around! That said, I do have a few concerns.

1. Undead and Necro are unbalanced in this setting without some sort of nerf. Personally, I'd just ban Mummies and Golems, not the teams themselves. But I also understand the call to ban the teams outright. Though that might be pretty boring with all the hot Khem on Khem action. Razz I also think that the Vamp coaches who stick it out will be rewarded greatly - souped-up Vamps will murder the league.

2. Spiked Ball has to go. Khemri is in the NAME of the league and they have the WORST AG in all of BB...so let's penalize them every time they pick up the ball? Against all these 3/4AG, 7/8MV teams?

I have not decided if I'll be staying or going as I am truly torn between the aspects I enjoy and the ones I do not. These are just my thoughts, I'll respect the decisions of the commish either way and make my decision based on that.

LOVE THE LOGOS!!!

Stay off the sidelines!
xyon

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the spiked ball I want it to stay. I think undead and necro should lose their mummies and golems though.

The spiked ball has only boned my khemri about 4 times total in the 2 seasons I've played, and I've used it with the kick skill to spike a few players here and there. I don't think its bad or needs removed.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
Ra-Nken didn't know about Stab and Chainsaw, but B&C as well as Bombs were utter crap. Please remove SW form such players or at least allow them to pick up skills at 6 SPPs like other SW-players.

As a coach lucky enough to draft a saw, I would love to have SW removed, but it would be too much. I think it is the same for B&C and Bombs too. They are very cheap SW players as it is. Cheaper than any star and no Loner. For the 70K cost of my Saw, I would pay that every chance I had for a similar player through inducements.

I guess chainsaws might be an exception - they don't occupy positional slots, don't eat much TV and are by far the most powerful SW out there.

I really had to retire my Bomb-Ra as it simply sucked way to hard and the B&C-Tomb Guardian was sacked by its coach in perfectly healthy condition as well (low impact on one drive of a game for a horrendous amount of TV).

Felt a bit like the high casting cost monsters from the early Magic: The Gathering times, which would have high power and toughness and drawbacks which made them entirely unplayable in ordinary decks.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
I love the spiked ball I want it to stay. I think undead and necro should lose their mummies and golems though.

The spiked ball has only boned my khemri about 4 times total in the 2 seasons I've played, and I've used it with the kick skill to spike a few players here and there. I don't think its bad or needs removed.

I've had quite a few stab/KO'ed ghouls this season. Frustrating, but I wouldn't change the spiked ball. Makes the league unique and more fun.

xyon wrote:
I think undead and necro should lose their mummies and golems though.

SunDevil wrote:
Personally, I'd just ban Mummies and Golems, not the teams themselves.

Exact same as banning those teams from the league. They are done versus all the ST5 and fouling without them. Look at the upstart vamps, they are getting kicked around like mad for now until they can skill up, if they can survive the abuse.

Again, why are we trying to nerf Necro & Undead (and eventually Vamps), when the problem is the Khemri roster? The BBRC went overboard with the changes to Khemri, because (from what I remember reading) Galak hated them and wanted them gone, but couldn't, so crippled them. So, instead of "fixing" three other teams, look at improving the broken team. You want Khemri to rise to their position of glory in the league? Make them a proper team again.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The room is in a heated debate. A few of the coaches throwing insults at each other. The necro/undead discussion is heating up. A few of the back benchers are talking amongest themselves about the up coming draft and then the room goes silent and all eyes are on Settra.

Whille the debate was going hot and heavy nobody notices that Settra has coach Khysanth in a Darth Vader death grip. His feet are 2 feet off the ground and he is pounding on Settras arm.

"Speak up Khysanth, you are just mumbling."

"grableddfdfacegaernnbeesee"

"I do not speak that language, sir."

Settra applies more pressure and coach Khysanth's neck is broke. His head bobbles like a chicken head. Settra lets him go and drops him on the floor. Settra looks up and everybody is looking at him.

"This is what happens to weak in the knee's Khemri coaches. Oh, sorry, did I interupt this lively debate?"

Settra sits back down with a grin on his face and lifts his 40oz beer to the crowd in a mock toast.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

An idea I haven't heard mentioned yet:

Put all the undead and Necro teams from each conference in the same division. You could also put all vampire teams in their own division as well, though you may have to fill it out with a khemri team or two. Keep divisional and inter-conference play as is.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

**Settra's head perks up at this last suggestion thrown out. **

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the smartest idea I've heard out of the entire KPL in awhile. Keeps us all mixed up.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Another suggestion would be to do away with forced overtime (OT) in the regular season. There are a lot of games that the weaker team has fought very hard for a draw only to get destroyed in OT.

Save OT for the playoffs.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a loud banging and the throne room goes silent and all eyes are back on Settra. He stands up and scans the room. He approaches the front of the dais and speaks.

"Coaches of the KPL that was a very lively debate and only one coach was killed. I would say that was a very succesful brainstorming session on our part. I have heard enough and made up my mind on how the KPL will go forth into season #3"

All the coaches start fidgeting and looking around. Rah-ma has a very concerned look on his face. Any time Settra speaks like that means he is probaly going to change something up he does not like.

"First off KPL is going to stay with the divisonal/conference round format. The KPL has holes in all their divisons and thus the need for some new blood. The NFC has been depleted in a big way. So now would be the time to jumble up the divisons. I do not like the idea of doing it every season but in light of what has happened this season and the ideas put forth here is how the KPL will balance out the divisons.

1 divison will have both the necro and undead teams in it.

1 divison will have the four vampire teams in it.

2 divisons will have all the remaining Khemri teams. Khemri teams will also be used as fillers if the Necro/undead/vampire teams are not up to the quota of 2/2/4"

There is a murmer in the crowd. Some are pleased and some of the coaches look like they are about to take out the long knives.

"Second order of bussiness is Over Time will be used in all KPL matches. The minnions of undeath hate the concept of a tie. Only a lover of euro pansy football likes a tie and we do not play euro pansy football around here!!!"

The place erupts in cheers as the coaches feel a deep pride in that they do not play euro pansy football promotion demotion crap.

"Third the spiked ball will remain in play for all KPL matches. The spiked ball is our symbol and it gives much joy to our fans and for our coaches. Your fortunes rise and fall sometimes with the spiked ball, get used to it."

Some jack wad in the back lets out a whoop and flings a spiked ball he had on hand. It sails across the room and smashes into a waiter who has a platter of bacon wraped peppers. The ball hits him in the head, blood flows, the platter of peppers goes flying. The waiter crashes to the floor with a BH. The place erupts in cheers and taunts at the down waiter.

"Fourth oder of bussiness is that there will be no nerf of the Necro/undead or Vampire rosters."

A few boo's rain down on the head of Settra. Some of the coaches are very agitated by this announcement.

"Instead the KPL is going to do this. Rah-ma will you speak to the coaches now on what you have been working on."

Rah-ma bows to Settra and approaches the coaches.

"Coaches of the KPL the tome of NUFFLE speaks of a rules infraction from back in the day. Some players used steroids to give them a advantage in performance. The use of steroids was banned and players were kicked out of the league if found using them. The tome also speaks of how the league would turn a blind eye to this infraction. Some have hinted that in fact it was not policed at all and a blind eye was turned to its use.

I have done some research into these steroids and found its formula.

Rah-ma opens up his tunic and pulls out a elixir. He holds it up for all to see.

"This is the Elixir of Khemri Buff. This elixir when drunk by a man of Khemri will restore his natural AG and make him buff agile once again."

Many coaches look at the elixir in disbelief, others look at it with envious eyes. A few coaches just roll their eyes and throw up their arms in disgust.

"I have been working on a steroid program deep in the black pyramid. I have raised a legion of KPL stud Khemri players. They are finally ready to enter the draft and help the Khemri teams rise to glory and power. During the KPL draft the KPL studs will be eligiable to be drafted by Khemri teams only. They are unlimited in number so every Khemri team will have access to these players.

Tomb Guardian: +AG
Blitz-Ra: +AG
Throw-Ra: +AG
Skeleton: +AG

Unlike the other draft picks these players will not be removed from the draft board for the Khemri teams. SO, every khemri team could use one of their picks to take a Throw-ra: +AG as an example.

Furthermore....Settra moves in front of Rah-ma and holds up his arm

"Coaches of Khemri I offer you a gift. All Khemri teams who played last season or enter season #3 with a Khemri team will get my one time gift of buff. Any player currently on your roster, not a player drafted in the season #3 draft will be given this honor. He will drink the elixir of Khemri buff and gain a +AG. At the end of the draft when we make the list of players to receive their drafted skills all khemri teams need to submit which player on their roster will get this honor. This is a one time gift. Season #4 and beyond you will only be able to draft the KPL studs and no more free sips from the elixir will be given.Any new Khemri team entering the KPL in season #3 will also get a free sip as their door prize."

The Khemri coaches start cheering and yelling. Dreams of buff rowdy AG flowing through their brains. Settra backs off and takes his seat on the throne. Smiling and waving to the Khemri Coaches.

"Well my King that was a great gift. Some would say that was cheating but then again this entire idea is strictly forbidden in the tome of NUFFLE. So I applaud your bold move King Settra, you can break even the most holy of rules in the tome of NUFFLE and get away with it."

Settra is pleased and looks like a fat cat in his throne. He is soaking up the applause and praise from Rah-ma.

"Coaches of the KPL this ends the discussion. KPL post season is almost on us. The final push to the playoffs is almost done. Who will be the KPL champion for season #2?

KPL draft list is in the final stages. It will be posted later today or tommorow. I will send out a coaches memo on the exact rules of how the season #3 draft will be conducted. Also the rumors are true that I have raised 6 legends of the KPL, they to will be in the draft."

Season #3 rules are now set for the upcoming season. Playoffs and the Draft will start once the season ends.

Last edited by PainState on %b %07, %2014 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe slowly rises from his chair as the coaches are dismissed, impressed by the touch of wisdom Settra has proved tonight. No doubt, heads might roll occasionally. But being a coach in the KPL seems to be truly rewarding.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good.

I like everything except the divisions by race. If the Khemri all have AG3 access, they can play with the other teams.

The vamp division will also quickly farm an uber vamp team or two.

Mirror matches are going to get old quickly...

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ready for 6+ Khem v Khem slugfests per season, plus rivalries - that's what I signed up for!

Wait: Depending on the interdivisional matchup in a given season, could we end up with all 10 games Khem v Khem? Yes please.
 Jump to: