48 coaches online • Server time: 16:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What Gozn said ----^^^^^^ Like it

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonz, I am unsure of what you are getting at... what does "desmesurate" mean (my Aussie doesn't compute) and secondly, what is this "class" and "proposed" system... Mully obviously gets it, but I don't...

Happy to discuss... just unsure where your heading...

PS - don't worry about the loss... I understand the Swiss format will pair you off with another loser (I think) and with a bit of luck, you will get my decimated undead team... STR of 83!!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay, I too was baffled by this 'desmesurate' reference. Stupid Aussies...

I think what he's saying is that the 1st placed team gets 1 player chosen for dismissal, but 2nd and 3rd get 2 players chosen of which they may select 1, and then 4th and 5th get 3 players chosen for the chop of which they then must decide on one.

Kind of a save your one man team at the expense of his almost as worthy offsider. Snide remarks aside though, I think it has the possibility to create an interesting dilemna... either that or just save one man teamers...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I getcha…

But my view is no. Gonz’s proposed structure reduces the impact of the system

If the “retirement” (I like to think of it as execution) process went right through the league, then yes, I would agree that a tiered approach is needed. But it only affects the Top 5 of 18 teams.

I don’t believe that the Top 5 teams will crash and burn and become unplayable once they have their top player retired… I do however believe that a tiered system will reduce the effectiveness of the retirement and hence make it harder for the lower teams to come back in subsequent seasons.

One of the key items as a coach in this league is to manage your team so you don’t get SPP hogs… if only the top star in the top team is at risk, then this facet of the management side of the league falls away.

Appreciate the feedback and comment, but no, I think we will stick with the concept of the top player in the top 5 teams being executed at seasons end…
ClayInfinity

** Triple Posting Deleted **

Last edited by ClayInfinity on %b %29, %2004 - %03:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

** Triple Posting Deleted **

Last edited by ClayInfinity on %b %29, %2004 - %03:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry - when I posted this... my PC crashed... somehow ended up with three postings...

At least you get my point in triplicate!
Surtur

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Cyclone</b> graps it ferocious victory over <b>Karond Kar Executioners</b>

The gods smiled on the team in their first match (which they won 2-0), but the team also added astounding 6 casualties to make the match a real killer for the opposing team. As you can see for yourselves ... THE GAME

Hoping not to meet the Khemri team, the team advances to round 2 Smile

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Lizangeles Swamp Beasts 1 - Henris Mannen 1</b>

Both teams scored while starting on defence, which goes to show you how inept our offences were. SPPs were rare as the AV7 held up for both teams. The Swamp Beasts had a chance to go up 2-0 in the 2nd half but rolled pow/skull - pow/skull with 0 rerolls left.

The elf like Norse were then able to go end to end with 0 rerolls left for the tie. A disapointing start for the lizards.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

<b> ** ROUND ONE COMPLETED ** </b>

Games for Rnd 2 were automatically generated by the Swiss System...

In <b>League News</b> the management ability of three coaches (incl yours truly) will be put to the test as three teams were significantly decimated in the first round. In particular the <b>Gamers</b> have announced they will bravely fight on after suffering three (Yes Three!) deaths against the <b>Leng Spiders</b>. The <b>Swamp Beasts</b> may run up a cricket score against the suffering elves... (for those non-Aussies who have no idea on what cricket is... send me a PM and I will tell you all about it in 10,000,000 words or less Wink)

Good luck and get those games in!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>ROUND TWO PREVIEW</b>

Mass-Annihaltors (1-0-0) vs Belgian Bellys (1-0-0)

In what will be will be the match of the round in my opinion, these two respected coaches go head to head in a Bad Dorf – Good Dorf smash fest. I think though that the Bad Dorfs will win the day on the back of their two Bull Centaurs but it will be close…. Annihalators by 1.

Kings (1-0-0) vs Lightning (1-0-0)

The Kings did a job on the Revenants last week and the thought of real blood as opposed to the undead kind will spur these Kings on to another win. I think on defence though, the Kings will be weak, but over the full match they should wear down their Human opponents. Kings by 1.

Deamons (1-0-0) vs Tyrants (1-0-0)

Another big clash with the rotters from the Aegean taking on the Chaos Dwarf Tyrants. This will be another close one, so close in fact I can’t split em! I am tipping a draw, but only if the beastmen hold the fort well.

Spiders (1-0-0) vs Cyclone (1-0-0)

The Spiders had a relatively easy match against some suicidal elves and will be up against a tough Norse outfit. The Spiders are building their team as they consist of only beastmen and a raging Minotaur. No Chaos Warriors yet… The Cyclone on the other hand bristle with confidence and will surely beat the Spiders. Cyclone by 2.

Mannen (0-1-0) vs Stompers (0-0-1)

This is another tough one to split. I can see the Mannen side smacking orcs all over the place, but on the reverse, I see the Stompers being resilient enough to take it. The Mannen were lucky to come away with the draw last week I hear, so I am going to favour the Stompers but only just…. Stompers by 1.

Swamp Beasts (0-1-0) vs Gamers (0-0-1)

Ok, the Gamers were smashed, decimated and crushed in round 1. I see nothing but a dire loss here for them. However, every cloud has a silver lining and I think if the Gamers can avoid the big Saurus’ and avoid injury, they will commence the rebuilding phase. At the other end of the spectrum, the swift skinks will have a TD feast. Swamp Beasts by 4!

Revenants (0-0-1) vs Crushers (0-0-1)

Another team decimated with 4 or 5 players out injured for this match, the Revenants will be happy for a massive riot. The Crushers whilst beaten last week will look to grind their way Dwarf style for a 1-0 victory. Only a 100% turnaround from the Revenants necromancer will keep the Revenants in the hunt… Crushers by 1.

Storm (0-0-1) vs Executioners (0-0-1)

Similarly, the Executioners face up to the Storm with a depleted line up. The Storm should win here unless the Executioners live up to their name and knock a few heads off… Storm by 1

Princess (0-0-1) vs Heirs (0-0-1)

The ladies from Aztlan take on the radioactive rats from Chernobyl in what will be in my opinion a high scoring affair. Neither teams will muscle over each other, but I think the speed of the rats will get them home. I expect both teams to score twice, but the Rats by 1 in the end
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I realise with an 18 team league played over only 8 matches, that chances are there will be ties come seasons end...

Now given that a TR150 cap is in place at seasons end, I do not want to have some teams involved in playoffs and hence have more matches than others. Therefore, the Cut Throat League will be decided on a traditional first past the post system and in the event of ties, they will be decided in the following manner:

- TD's For and Against
- CAS's For and Against
- Result of match between tied teams (result only)
- Result of matches vs common opponents
- highest d6 wins

That way we all play 8 games per season. We all have 8 games before we cull players to make the cap and we all have 8 games before players get "executed"... hehehe
Flaymin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh i'm so excited to get my second game underway, and congrats Clay, this seems to be one heck of a tourney. Nice job with the round 2 preview.

-Flaymin
neverborn

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a league for hacks and suckers!

Only lamers will have scored a touchdown, or fielded 11 players for more than 2 turns out of the 32 that have thus far been played.

HA! LAMERS!

=[=[

My poor poor darkies, beat up on again and slaughtered, again yet to score a touchdown, though I did get a wopping 9 spps out of this latest match. I think clay was a bit optimistic to say I would lose by only one when I began with only 8 players, especially because I was down to 5 after 3 turns in the first half, it was always going to be a blow out unfortunatly
Flaymin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

OUCH!
 Jump to: