8 coaches online • Server time: 06:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
I would get either:
1)wiz - skitter - nobbla - babe : 490
or

yes this one, I was too lazy to count, cdassak did it for me, thats the way to go Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bomber will worry the oppo and keep them busy arranging to blitz him. More effective on defense (if they don't score ~too~ fast), but longer lasting on offense if that's a threat.

the_Sage wrote:
I think nobbla+bribe and skitter are both good options, and a wiz is a good idea as well.

<nods>

Nobbla's blodge makes him a pain if your oppon doesn't have much Tackle, but Skitter's Ag 4 + Dodge is the icing on MA 9. He could even try to OTS if you had to, and is THE go-to ball retriever after the Wizard strikes. Those two together should be worth 2 scores - stopping his and giving you one instead.

So, any mix starts with...

150 Wiz
160 Skitter
= 310

plus either

_60 Bomber
100 Bribe
_50 Babes
= 520

...OR...

130 Blodge Saw
_50 Babes
= 490

(And don't forget to put Skitter on the LoS if the game is over, one way or the other.) Wink

Garion wrote:
yes if you stab you cant move anymore. do not use him for stabbing any ttime other than extreme last ditch attempts to stop them scoring in the last minute etc...

If you can you ~could~ set up your offensive LoS so he's next to someone to open the festivities, BUT you can Block/Blitz him clear if that fails - that could work.

(It could restrict your Blitz targets, and he needs to be screened w/ other players - weigh the advantages of opening w/ a Stab v. the position restrictions.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
nickcrap

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr - is that babes and ... bribes?

while the flexibility of having a bribe is nice, i prefer the 'controlled' mayhem of the saw vs the bomber. i see a lot of friendly fire possibilities ... though, getting into a scrum with elves probably isn't in the cards.

depending on where the first game leaves TVs, i think wiz, skitter, nobbla and babe is the best choice.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the idea of hiring a star/merc for ball carrying, while not using its stab. Just does not feel right.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2014 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

because everyone asks questions but never follows up, here's what happened.

after getting beat down to 970 against a rookie slann team -- ugh -- i had 580k. i went with the extra babe as half my team was in the KO box during the first game and preferred to stay there. due to poor play on my part, nobbla was surfed early. skitter did his job mostly as a distraction to keep the elves preoccupied. if not for a botched quick pass, i would have ended the half 1-0 in good position to zap the elves in the second half. as it happened, the opposing coach took advantage of my mistake, grabbed the ball and ran. his formation was loose and his players too far away for the wizard to be effective, so i saved him for the second half ...

where he wasn't really needed because i managed to get a blitz on the kickoff and snatch the ball. the high elf coach played great zone defense, so i settled for the late 1-1 draw. i did zap his thrower on the last kickoff for fun, but nothing happened other than his skill roll being a double. stupid high elves.
 Jump to: