57 coaches online • Server time: 23:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Last chance!!! - May...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Late game fouling ok?
Kill and maim as much as possible, this is BloodBowl
48%
 48%  [ 78 ]
The other player has feelings too, he might cry if a gif icon went to the injury box, dont foul!!
51%
 51%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 162

Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kruppe wrote:
No gain? Its ultimate satisfaction to hurt another player! Thats all the readon I need.

killing pixels for fun? sounds pretty boring to me.
who is the immature one?
why not play UT or whatever, there at least you get decent graphics when you spray someones brains all over the place. there you just kill pixels. whats the fun in pissing (real) people of and make enemies?
hope i didnt sound too harsh. i know people prefer different styles of play and i respect that but spoiling the fun for someone else just to amuse yourself wont take you anywhere in my fumbbl opinion.

Last edited by Heruwulfar on %b %03, %2004 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink

Daddy's coming, borderline... And he's got a brand new golf mace.

Cool

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch! I'm typing this as I'm putting on my running shoes! Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Untill the BB rules says that last turn fouling, scoring, intercepting or anything else is illegal, I will continue to do it. The opposing team is the OPPOSING TEAM, if I could I would kill every single one of their players.

If people really feel this way, they are sissies. This is a freaking boardgame. If you react to one of your "playing pieces" getting taken off the board, maybe you are not mature enough to play a simple boardgame.

On one side there are the rules of the game called Bloodbowl. They state it's a legal move to foul in turn 16
On the other side there is a community called FUMBBL. Within this community it is widely dissapproved of to foul in turn 16.
Maybe it's a community of sissies, like you say, but then why hang out with us? Go play with someone or something else. Mr. Green

Perox.
petsku

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Which coaches keep DNP-list in their info pages? Would be fun to see some of them...
veron

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, joy, another fouling thread, just what we needed! Wink
Kruppe

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The game I am refering to was was great fun. My opponent and I had fun in the chat and he had a turn 16 after me and tried his best to foul and maim one of my poor elves.

The person that suggested that I am immature needs to lighten up.

I expect to get fouled in the last turn, if the opponent doesnt foul I either remind them or ask them why they didnt.

Next time someone doesnt foul me in the last turn I will report them to the admins for ruining my game experiencee and not play in the spirit of bloodbowl.

But offcourse I migth have read the rulebook too quickly and missed the dont foul sissies section you all mention.

I actually believe that it is cheating and not in the spirit of the game to let opponents off easily, not fouling and giving a free touchdown are both illegal aid to the opponent, which can advance his team easier that other coaches who play by the rules Games Freaking Workshop made. Shame on you non foulers!
Doowa

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

petsku wrote:
Which coaches keep DNP-list in their info pages? Would be fun to see some of them...

Search some of the elder treads about fouling and you'll find coaches with so-called blacklists.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Kruppe, you sure are a mad man

Foul me on turn 16, and I will get it back to you... one way or the other Twisted Evil

Let us see who cries out for injustice, when their star player gets booted and gains a niggler and is forced to retire. Do not make such enemies.

If people foul my players on turn 16, I'll be sure to play them again... beginning my fouling on turn 1 and ending it, when there are no players left (either on my side, or the others). The result of the game doesn't worry me that point, but just the fact that the other side gets as heavy casualties as possible.

Think about it Kruppe... is that really fun then?

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm Surtur, I think I will win that game.

On another note, one of my opponents got the Get the ref. He fouled me every turn in the first half. Is that against the "community rules"

Or is it only ok, if he fouls me every turn EXCEPT turn 8, please clarify.

In our league teams who cant reach the playoffs do everything they can to hurt as much as possible instead of winning and its all part of the fun!!
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I dub Kruppe a troll. Let this thread end before it gets to be like other threads of this nature.
Kruppe

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I am just trying to come to grips with how blood bowl is played here.

I will conform off course since I am not out to ruin the fumbbl or make enemies.

So I will end my comments right here.

THx for all the replies
Ethereal

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I play to win, which means that i'm not afraid to stall when I have the ball, especially with my Khemri team when i'm playing against some better ball-handling race. That being said however, I don't condone fouling in the last turn, as it doesn't gain me anything.

Well, maybe if the opponent is a friend of mine, and I have some grudge to settle, then i'll find some way to introduce the almighty foot of fouling - then it would be in good fun of course, but against strangers I won't do it, not in the last turn.
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:

thnx Veron

Jump to: