35 coaches online • Server time: 18:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Doing something more simplistic:

When doing 10 or more 2+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous.

When doing 6 or more 3+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous.

When doing 5 or more 4+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous.

When doing 4 or more 5+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous

When doing 3 6+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll has identical odds as not using it first.

...assuming that tool is correct and actually does reroll the pro roll with a team reroll...

3+ 4+ obviously isn't anywhere near better odds to start with pro first..
Aussiown

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not something that comes in handy often, for me it was a block late in the second half where I was hoping to save the Team RR but the Pro roll failed. I was expecting to be able re-roll the failed 4+ roll if it came to it, but instead it resulted in a turnover when realistically using the Pro first gave me a 50% chance to succeed (in rerolling) then if that failed, rerolling the 4+ would give me a better chance to succeed in the reroll.

All in the name of saving a Team RR, really.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Doing something more simplistic:

When doing 10 or more 2+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous.

When doing 6 or more 3+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous.

When doing 5 or more 4+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous.

When doing 4 or more 5+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll first is more advantagous

When doing 3 6+ rolls, using pro (only) on first roll has identical odds as not using it first.

...assuming that tool is correct and actually does reroll the pro roll with a team reroll...

3+ 4+ obviously isn't anywhere near better odds to start with pro first..

What it does not account for (and cannot account for as it is situational) is the value of potential reroll left in case both fail. So assuming the same chance, then roll pro first always. In some cases it is worthwile to start with pro even though that gives less chance, especially early in the half.
 Jump to: