33 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ended up getting Warpstone done as well as I was curious and Dark Elves were the 2nd best at winning their Qualifier of all races (Nurgle were first). The number are lower than Ulthuan as these are 16 team qualifiers instead of 8 but Dark Elves were at 12%, Pro Elves 4%, High Elves 7.7%, and Wood Elves 7.4%. Dark Elves sent 9 to the Main Draw, 3 to the semifinal and 1 to the final but didn't win in these 4 years.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Coaching: Count me as one who used to be a dark elf only coach, but now i play less than 1% with that race.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at overall win % and similar stats there is certainly an argument that some races suffer from being, rightly or wrongly, reputed to be "easy beginner teams" and therefore being coached a lot by inexperienced coaches (Orcs come to mind). And with Majors you currently just don't see the really great coaches bringing a lot of Darkies any more. Malmir isn't entering his Fellows. Jimjo has that monster of a team and is currently topping the Rankings for Darkies, but he isn't entering them. Happygrue is back to Slann. PeteW is back to Woodies. GaryGygax will probably be back with Atei but this WO he also brought something else. And so on.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, while I'm sure PE stats are skewed by Azure and Dolls.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Coaching: Count me as one who used to be a dark elf only coach, but now i play less than 1% with that race.

But you weren't an LRB 4 coach. Nothing's changed since then.

I don't think there's much difference between the different Elven rosters at high TV (bar Woodies).

Ok, all the others have a better OTT chance than DE and in Tourneys you're more likely to go for MA8 OTTS.

Could it be more to do with using smaller rosters and in a tourney that catching up with Elven teams? I have a hunch that has something to do with it, and the OTTs.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
But you weren't an LRB 4 coach. Nothing's changed since then.

Actually i was.
harvestmouse wrote:
Could it be more to do with using smaller rosters and in a tourney that catching up with Elven teams? I have a hunch that has something to do with it, and the OTTs.

Fully agree. Prevent defense does not work most of the time for 7-8 rounds while most opposing team goes for injury, and does it efficiently (with the skills needed).
Double column defense is nice to pull off, but it works mostly at resurrection low TV tournaments.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem I found while playing them is that 7MV is pretty good but not good enough to reliably avoid the bruisers or one-turn and 8AV isn't very good, really, so you have a team that gets beat up a lot and the players are very expensive to replace when they get hurt or killed. People put too much faith in 8AV and Blodge. They don't really hold up very often, especially at higher levels when you start to run into a lot more Tackle and Mighty Blow. With the other Elves (and also Skaven), they have players with 8MV or 9MV, so you can usually keep those players out of harm's way which concentrates the injuries on to the slower Linemen. You can't really do that with Dark Elves. The bashy guys can usually get your Blitzers and Witch Elves and it hurts when you lose one. They also don't have any innate skills for moving the ball. No Pass or Catch or Sure Hands. They rely solely on AG4 which can burn up your rerolls, which you probably won't have many of to begin with. I also find it annoying that they have two positionals that aren't worth taking.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2016 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Prevent defense does not work most of the time for 7-8 rounds while most opposing team goes for injury, and does it efficiently (with the skills needed).
Double column defense is nice to pull off, but it works mostly at resurrection low TV tournaments.

Well you can play a more aggressive type of defence, too, swarming the opponents cage, but still, if you lose more than 2 or 3 players it becomes more difficult to pull off. This is true for all Elves, though, and Darkies are still best at it. But here is where the OTTD capability and the Wardancers come in.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Darkies are good across the full TV range. FUMBBL majors are not really representative of where races sit in a ruleset. They represent a small number of games in an artificial meta.
I don't even participate, so I'm not overthinking. Wink

Ok, so Purplegoo is, "out", when it comes to discussing anything related to majors, just ignore him.

This all about a artifical meta.

Shocked Very Happy Surprised Laughing

could not help myself.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, man, I just had a deep thought that Purplegoo raised in my mind.

IF

Majors are a artificial meta?

What is the true meta? the reason we are actually playing this game?

IF

I say, winning a NAF world TT championship, set piece, 6 game format is butkus. That is a meta also. Did I just commit heresey?

Last edited by PainState on %b %29, %2016 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason I am playing this game is so that I can fling excrement around in the forums.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
The reason I am playing this game is so that I can fling excrement around in the forums.

LOL, awesome.

The greatness of this is you could actually never play another game on FUMBBL and still sling it around.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW

Are darkies winning 6 game TT tournaments left and right?

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
licker wrote:

LOL, awesome.

The greatness of this is you could actually never play another game on FUMBBL and still sling it around.

Very Happy

wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you there Wink
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

*lol*

Well Darkies do pretty well in the NAF style tourneys. Woodies still beat them though. Wink
 Jump to: