50 coaches online • Server time: 23:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you buy?
I'd buy a mug.
21%
 21%  [ 12 ]
I'd buy a T shirt.
58%
 58%  [ 32 ]
I'd buy some pie.
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 55

mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 09:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Just Christer's face on a T-shirt would be ideal.

Giving it two thumbs and a wink? I'd buy that.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd totally get a FUMBBL shirt (and probably wear it a lot while streaming). A mug (pint mug, not coffee mug) with the fumbbl logo would also be an ideal tabletop tournament companion.

I could see people arrange this themselves if Christer gave explixit permission to do so. Creating fumbbl T-shirts would be an excellent opportunity for monetizing the site / encouraging donations / helping to cover expenses, and if someone does a run now, it might reduce the number of people contributing if/when Christer does decide to do this.

These two are not mutually exclusive; I could imagine that whoever organizes this sets a reasonable price for materials, production, and shipping, and then adds on, say, 5 euros per T-shirt which goes directly to Christer (for maintenance costs, or maybe even development cost of an HTML5 client with scalable graphics?).

btw DarthPhysicist, while I very much welcome you posting on these boards (as you do so prolifically on many others), I have to admit I'm a bit surprised to see you looking for merchandise already (with only 2 games played). Nevertheless, welcome to fumbbl, mate!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a fumbbl mouse mat with some of the graphics and icons on.

Also...does anyone have a fumbbl tattoo?! o.O

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like a mouse mat too! However postage costs tend to make this sort of thing uneconomic.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 13:00
FUMBBL Staff

the_Sage wrote:
These two are not mutually exclusive; I could imagine that whoever organizes this sets a reasonable price for materials, production, and shipping, and then adds on, say, 5 euros per T-shirt which goes directly to Christer (for maintenance costs, or maybe even development cost of an HTML5 client with scalable graphics?).

If someone did do this, I think it'd be silly to expect a volunteer to give up the hours this would take and not have a cut of the profits.

If they priced the T-Shirt and said X% will go as a donation to FUMBBL, and people thing the price is reasonable then I've no problem them making a profit from it.

Saying that, I still wouldn't volunteer to do it so fair play to someone who does. Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Woodstock

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

About... 10 years ago?... we did a t-shirt thing. Still got mine, wore it to several TT tournaments. Don't think it is likely that Christer will initiate something like that again though, was so much work. Just like the dice and poker chips.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
I'd like a fumbbl mouse mat with some of the graphics and icons on.

Also...does anyone have a fumbbl tattoo?! o.O

Yes. but at least one tattoo out there.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
DarthPhysicist wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
You can practically make your own... but I do know a guy (who has an account here) that has a t-shirt printing business.

Kilowog1

Hear that staff! An inside guy! I'd dig the FUMBBL logo in white on a black T shirt.

This has been proposed several times before, and did actually happen once years ago. The thing is, arranging it is a ballache: taking orders, finding and dealing with suppliers, and sorting out shipping shirts to FUMBBLers all round the world.

So instead of asking the staff to do it (remembering that they are all volunteers, and that sorting this out would take up a big chunk more of their time than they already provide, free, to help us all out), take responsibility and arrange it yourself.

They can charge a premium and make some money on it this way. I'd make my own but its not my logo.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The money isn't an issue, the time and hassle is. I wasn't just making stuff up; this has been done once and discussed repeatedly since. The staff won't be doing it. If a member of the community (i.e. you) wanted to give up their time and deal with the hassle, I'm pretty sure Christer would be more than happy to allow the use of the site logo.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
The money isn't an issue, the time and hassle is. I wasn't just making stuff up; this has been done once and discussed repeatedly since. The staff won't be doing it. If a member of the community (i.e. you) wanted to give up their time and deal with the hassle, I'm pretty sure Christer would be more than happy to allow the use of the site logo.

I wasn't accusing you of just making stuff up. I'm merely saying that I recognize its their logo and have the right to say how it gets used. I would love to make my own T shirt with permission but if I was sending it to others I would need to add a fee for myself as well as a FUMBBL donation. I don't really care one way or the other, I'm just saying I would buy a T shirt (or two or three) if available. Believe me I get that people have other things to do, but some people might not. I would also buy a mug and many other things (slippers!).
Nextflux

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill buy a fummbl pie.
but think of..
fummbl Tie, fummbl football helmet, fummbl socks, fummbl sunglasses, fumbbl ring, fummbl watch.. wow so many things, glorious!
Christer

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 16:04
FUMBBL Staff

When it comes to merchandise, I'm certainly not opposed to the idea. The main problem is that there's a fair amount of work involved behind getting something manufactured. For example, making a t-shirt would involve finding a third-party able to do the print at all, converting the logo image to something that they could use (the FUMBBL logo has semi-transparent parts, which is not suitable for printing on shirts), getting a prototype made to see if the design looks ok and also to check what quality of shirt they use. Also, a decision of printing process would need to be made early on (there are a number of various ways to do a textile print).

After that, decide on a suitable price for the product (which is affected by a lot of factors; production cost, payment processing fees, batch size, taxes, etc). Then take orders, deal with payments, collecting shipping addresses.. Then place the order, wait for the merch to get shipped to me, and hope that the products match the prototype (which historically hasn't always been the case) and then deal with shipping merchandise out to people in general. Oh, and you need to deal with shirt sizes as well, and make sure the correct things are sent to people according to their orders. Also, dealing with lost packages is another factor you have to deal with.

Another variation of this process would be to simply order a batch of shirts up-front and keep a stock, which is safer overall (since a number of the variables in terms of cost are known prior to taking orders), but requires a significant investment without certainty in terms of being able to sell the products.

A third way would be to use a merch-selling site (Cafepress, TeeSpring, etc), which is something I have considered in the past, but I am a bit worried with overly priced merchandise of relatively low quality overall. Perhaps things have improved with these services in the recent years though. There are a few options available now that weren't available a few years ago (Amazon merch, in particular, might be a good option)...
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There are some shops that let you design your own shirt on the fly (example: https://www.spreadshirt.com/custom-t-shirts-C8579/lpDesigner). You can probably make print anything not copyrighhted. Instead of organising a huge thing, we could in theory just come up with an image that people can get printed on a t-shirt by them self.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
There are some shops that let you design your own shirt on the fly (example: https://www.spreadshirt.com/custom-t-shirts-C8579/lpDesigner). You can probably make print anything not copyrighhted. Instead of organising a huge thing, we could in theory just come up with an image that people can get printed on a t-shirt by them self.

Or mousemat Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2016 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm I dunno... would the FUMBBL slippers come with spikes?
 Jump to: