49 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard call ... I'll go fire, niggled gobs are good for little else than offering oppos easy SPPs bt with the big +ST TV boost and the risk he will get more SPPs from other players.

Or keep and use him as a projectile and suicide blitzer until he perms, just for the fun of watching a ST 3 gobbo rampage around for a bit
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

When a Goblin gets the first skill keep him only if it's AG 4

I disagree with this bit. Having 2 heads for 20k more is a great boost to goblins. And you will inevitabiy need to rely on goblins for your running game and 2+ dodges are much better than 3+. It will also reduce the attrition from failed dodges and free blocks you give away when the turnover happens and all your gobs are marked.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Two Heads a boost? Sure, it is. Is it worth to make a fragile Stunty MA 6 ST 2 AV 7 cost 60 TV?
No, it's too expensive in my opinion, especially if several Goblins have it.
With AG 4 you can dodge 2+, pick up 2+, catch 2+, landing roll 3+, all of this with just 1 stat boost.
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize for his early retirement. :L
akuku88

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

He's gone. This would happen no matter what, but too bad he didn't even get a single occasion to shine. Well it's Blood Bowl right?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Take ST, its Ranked. In Box Id still take ST, but Id think about Strip or Wrestle

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Is Two Heads a boost? Sure, it is. Is it worth to make a fragile Stunty MA 6 ST 2 AV 7 cost 60 TV?
With AG 4 you can dodge 2+, pick up 2+, catch 2+, landing roll 3+, all of this with just 1 stat boost.

Min/maxer!

Jeffro
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Is your opinion the same if it is a league, rather than box/ranked?

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:

Is your opinion the same if it is a league, rather than box/ranked?

League composition matters, but I think that I would do the same in League too.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been taking Foul Appearance as a #1 skill on Goblins, and I'm not sorry. They take many times more blocks than they make dodges. Often a failed FA roll leads to hilarity, as the coach wasn't expecting not to be able to follow up.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I've been taking Foul Appearance as a #1 skill on Goblins, and I'm not sorry. They take many times more blocks than they make dodges. Often a failed FA roll leads to hilarity, as the coach wasn't expecting not to be able to follow up.

Does Foul Appearance work in the Box as well?
I think not.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, it's that or fire and replace.

Are the rules different in the box?

In any TV-matching format, any Goblin skill is bloat. Maybe not one Dirty Player... but it's better to take a little bloat once in awhile than to have to burn through 40k every time a Goblin eats 2 MVPs. I'm arguing that while no Goblin skill is good, FA will get at least as much use as Two Heads.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Meh, it's that or fire and replace.

Are the rules different in the box?

In any TV-matching format, any Goblin skill is bloat. Maybe not one Dirty Player....

Rules are not different, but in Ranked the teams are generally less damage-dealing and you can avoid those spamming Tacklepomb, this makes Goblins stay longer on the pitch, while in the Box teams are generally more damage-dealing, therefore the Goblins are going to be removed from the pitch quite easily, with or without Foul Appearance.
I think that it's better to have unskilled Goblins and a longer bench than skilled Goblins and a shorter bench.
The kind of Goblin I value for UW is a +AG one that can more easily score a 1TTD and who can be useful as emergency ball handler/catcher with just 1 stat increase.

Moreover, assuming that your FA Goblins are blocked 50 times, FA prevents only 8.3 blocks on average, is not a lot, and your opponent can simply target your Goblins and Rats without FA first, unless you spam FA, but that bloats the team and gives to your opponent other skills you have to deal with.

In an ideal world I would skill my UW Goblins but, since the pricing doesn't take into account that skills are less worth on squishy Stunty players, then I'm forced to fire the not special ones, otherwise my TV would grow too much and my opponents would have more skills to counter mine.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
In an ideal world I would skill my UW Goblins but, since the pricing doesn't take into account that skills are less worth on squishy Stunty players, then I'm forced to fire the not special ones, otherwise my TV would grow too much and my opponents would have more skills to counter mine.
I don't think we're disagreeing on this point. In a TV-matching environment (including Box and Ranked), no skill is better than any skill, except maybe +AG or Dirty Player. But if you must take skills, I like Foul Appearance better than Two Heads. 2H saves you on 1/6 (vs Tackle or after using Dodge) or 1/12 (with Dodge) of all dodges. FA saves you on 1/6 of all blocks. If you take more blocks than you make Dodges, FA is less bad than 2H.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

I definitely dodge more than I would take hits. It depends on how you play. Gobbos are meant to die, so a one skill Gob last not much longer than a no skill Gob. If still take two heads over Foul Appearance any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 1/6 for a FA to work and 2/6 for a 2 headed dodge to work, not including the dodge skill. I don't think you have play enough UW games, or in a competitive enough environment to understand the tactics of UW. Dodge away and don't give hits. FA can be a second skill if it lives long enough to acquire it.
The real reason two heads is better is to add assist to Skaven blocks. Being able to move through several tackle zones, cutting through a crowd is vital more times than what FA gives. Two Heads isn't one dodge away from being based, it's several in one movement to gain hitting advantage. UW should dodge like elves and hit like Chaos. That's how it works.
To each their own I guess.

Jeffro
 Jump to: