63 coaches online • Server time: 23:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would put absolutely zero blame on anyone for following any FUMBBL rules, nor penalise them retrospectively for doing so. But, if someone has been clever enough to expose a loophole, I’d close it before the BB2020 action.

All general asterisks apply: I am not Christer, his word is law. Your mortgage may go up as well as down.
smallman

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

my ogres are irrelevant, legit, created many years ago, not played them in over a year, and only activate them so the teams I care about don't get unfair box pairings by high TV mono activating scum. I'd gladly see them deleted if it gets deliberate abusers teams deleted. The main reason I still have them is to have the highest TV team on Fumbbl.
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So rather another team gets shafted by having to play a horrendous mismatch than your team gets a couple of 100k tv difference? You have an interesting way of looking at fair box pairings.

Regardless, you have used this team when it is no longer a legal team (according to the current roster). The UW coach has not yet played any games with their teams. You cannot be fine with something when you are doing it but complain if someone else does it

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
That said, deliberately making a bunch of teams in anticipation of a roster change, just to have a "stockpile" to take advantage of grandfathering is a scummy move.

How long before the roster changes should one have created a team, in order not to be scum?

smallman wrote:
Someone created 8 UW teams to abuse this. They should definitely be deleted.

What could have prompted this level of bile?

C0ddlefish wrote:
I'm looking forward to the reaction when 2 Wraith + 2 Wight Necro and 4 BOB + 4 Big'Un Orc teams emerge

I don't think that will happen, as the positional can simply be changed to the new name/statline/skills with a few tweaks to the ruleset. It might upset the very rare ball-handling Necro Wights who gets No Hands all of a sudden.

sann0638 wrote:
Are we seeing 8 skaven underworld teams?

Instances have been noted a few times. If the powers that be let me have my way, I'll bring around a few more. Unfortunately I had a big gap this summer in which I couldn't commit to scheduled play or even play at all, so my original plan to chuck those teams into rumbles and see what happens didn't go ahead as planned.

I mean, I might never even play those teams at all, ever, because I don't think a grandfathered team can survive a redraft, you'd expect there to be a hard cap on positionals. The system won't care if you have 12 ogres, or a player you shouldn't have for other reasons, because a redrafted team would have to be a legal starting roster with some skills on top, so you won't be able to keep them.

2-3 months and I'll cease to be scum! Joy!
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooooh. "high TV mono activating scum".

I recall a time when people weren't too happy to see you either. Wink

Though, I guess that high TV will soon be a thing of the past.

Last edited by koadah on %b %04, %2020 - %14:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Disappointed to see this thread wasn't about a new team of grandfathers.
smallman

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Jdm you are clueless. Mono high tv activators get 1 mil+ tv gap games. He has entered his cheating uw in bt4 and beaten my bt4 norse. So you basically wrong about everything.
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't cheating yet! Didn't have a gutter runner then!

Y'all just hating on my Karak Eight Peaks themed eight teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This has strong ‘thread of the year’ type potential. I might edit the above to something more / less helpful. Wink
badger89

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
ArthurWynne wrote:
That said, deliberately making a bunch of teams in anticipation of a roster change, just to have a "stockpile" to take advantage of grandfathering is a scummy move.

How long before the roster changes should one have created a team, in order not to be scum?

smallman wrote:
Someone created 8 UW teams to abuse this. They should definitely be deleted.

What could have prompted this level of bile?

C0ddlefish wrote:
I'm looking forward to the reaction when 2 Wraith + 2 Wight Necro and 4 BOB + 4 Big'Un Orc teams emerge

Nice to see you thought here Java and total agree with new rule set coming do you think we will see a lot of grandfather team due to the redraft.

I don't think that will happen, as the positional can simply be changed to the new name/statline/skills with a few tweaks to the ruleset. It might upset the very rare ball-handling Necro Wights who gets No Hands all of a sudden.

sann0638 wrote:
Are we seeing 8 skaven underworld teams?

Instances have been noted a few times. If the powers that be let me have my way, I'll bring around a few more. Unfortunately I had a big gap this summer in which I couldn't commit to scheduled play or even play at all, so my original plan to chuck those teams into rumbles and see what happens didn't go ahead as planned.

I mean, I might never even play those teams at all, ever, because I don't think a grandfathered team can survive a redraft, you'd expect there to be a hard cap on positionals. The system won't care if you have 12 ogres, or a player you shouldn't have for other reasons, because a redrafted team would have to be a legal starting roster with some skills on top, so you won't be able to keep them.

2-3 months and I'll cease to be scum! Joy!

Nice to see you thought here Java and total agree with new rule set coming do you think we will see a lot of grandfather team due to the redraft.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Disappointed to see this thread wasn't about a new team of grandfather's.

That's Nurgle right? Been properly screwed in 2020 rules
badger89

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
my ogres are irrelevant, legit, created many years ago, not played them in over a year, and only activate them so the teams I care about don't get unfair box pairings by high TV mono activating scum. I'd gladly see them deleted if it gets deliberate abusers teams deleted. The main reason I still have them is to have the highest TV team on Fumbbl.

That part of the box the luck of the draw and sometime you get deal a mono activating. I played team where am down 1.1M TV I live with it about I cry in side and smash my keyboard with I get dice due to me having not many skill (Will not be doing that now as I have a iMac with I play on now haha).

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
This has strong ‘thread of the year’ type potential. I might edit the above to something more / less helpful. Wink

Glad you thank it thread of the year but hope in a good way.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Jdm you are clueless. Mono high tv activators get 1 mil+ tv gap games. He has entered his cheating uw in bt4 and beaten my bt4 norse. So you basically wrong about everything.

I'll ignore the insults.

So he beat you using a team that is technically within the rules of the site but exists within a grey area, nobody is happy he is doing it and he's getting a lot of kick back.

Reminds me of something.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

@Purplegoo: it has potential, indeed

@badger89: on the contrary, I think that redrafting will put a full stop on grandfathered teams. If done so that a redrafted team has to comply with current number caps, any redraft will instantly weed out anything out of line. Of course, if Christer wants to keep some leeway, with an eye to Major prizes and stuff like that, it might be that people will be able to hang on to stuff for a wee bit longer.

@jdm: I'm getting nowhere near the kickback I deserve