19 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Were my TBB posts offensive?
Yes and you should have been banned for being so incredibly offensive.
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Yes, but no more offensive than other postings that occur regularly at TBB.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, and you should have received a "yellow card" just like their rules state.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
It's hard to tell what is political offensive. If the same standard for your banishment were applied, many TBBers should be banned.
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Yes, but people should be thicker skinned. It's the only when democracy can flourish.
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
No, the mods at TBB are hypocrites and they repeatedly violated their own rules.
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 49

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pointless to discuss politics on tbb.com. Even more pointless to ban you, actually outrageous, I'd say.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

well...

You could always fo a toby and create a new username like force...

but he got banned twice!!

we all support you evo. you are a man who people have a lot of respect for here on fumbbl, myself included
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

They have just refused to Evolve to Anarchism.

their loss.

Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

OMHO your a attention seeker, why cant u just drop it, then to post it up in fumbbl why? what do u look to gain even if we vote you should stay tbb it aint going affect anything so if i was you jus let it go

/Fred

501 posts weeeeeeeeee

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry if abit harsh but it was needed to be said

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't vote because there isn't the option:
"The rule is stupid".

If you don't want politics the rule should say "Do not discuss politics".

The rule is:
"This is a place for discussion about Blood Bowl, please do not bring up or discuss politics or current events that may offend other people on the board."
It is like you are saying that you can discuss politics but when you do so, you must not offend the others.

Evo did not offend anyone. He also did not get a yellow card. When you give a yellow card to someone you send him a private message explaining to him the reason.

So please fix that rule and bring back Evo.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:

"Do not discuss politics".

The rule is:
please do not bring up or discuss politics

Take out and bring up what do u get?????

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. from I read on TBB.. most of the people said stuff like "there are lots of forums for discussing politics."

My reply to that is: Yeah, but anyone on a forum that concentrates on politics will a) be completely dominated by one ideology, or b) a flame war between the right and the left with no one changing their minds.

As an activist Evo has the right (and perhaps the obligation) to throw the dirt into the faces of the apathetic (as in not the types to be lurking about political boards, but rather the now escapist yet potential revolutionary soldiers) and shake the foundation of their beleif systems.

Personally, I think Evo is a naive, marxist, utopian, hippy, idealist and we would see eye to eye on very few issues. But he seems like a nice enough fellow... just a tad too evangelical Smile

I think a better solution than banning political discussion would be to have a seperate forum group for it. Thats what they did over at the Reaper forums.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Why, oh why?

"Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."

Eccelesiastes 1:2

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the first threads that I read over at TBB was a number of posters lamenting the fact, that new people were allowed to create accounts. Hardly a friendly lot.

I've said before that Fumbbl is a very open site (in comparison to most other internet sites with forums).
In 700+ posts I've never had a post edited by anyone other than myself (with no prompting by anyone else to do so),
I've also never had a thread locked that I have started (despite the nature of some of them).

Looking through the past threads, very few have been locked and where people are clearly enjoying themselves (fouling: part of the game?) the moderators have been good enough to ignore the anti-spam nazis.

I think the attitude of the TBB crowd is pretty weak and there should be no limits placed on the discussion of politics or indeed any sensibly controlled discussion.

However TBB really dosen't bother me.

I'm happy for the over zelous trolls to stay there, since they don't infect Fumbbl.

Last edited by Glomp on %b %18, %2004 - %21:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

...and no Evo's posts weren't offensive...

...but I wouldn't bother with the TBBers really. Stay here and enjoy the freedom.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho a political oppinion cant be offensive - no matter how outragious or valid it may seem. Politics are never offensive or dangerous onless they are actually carried out. (which is pretty darn hard to do on a message board)
And isnt it about time we gave all those p.c. thugs a kick.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

They weren't offensive Evo, they were just against the rules, and, to quote a cheesy cliche "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime".

You knew the rule, you knew the punishment, so don't be surprised when you recieve the punishment after breaking the rule. I'm all for political discussion, but if a community like TBB doesnt want to talk about politics and feels so strongly about it that they have banned it, why are you essentially trying to force them to by continuously creating threads on the subject, even after having them locked?
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Re: Collin. I'm tempted to agree that TBB is a very cliqueish and not very hospitable to newcomers.

Re: Bunnypuncher. Thanks for showing that those who may disagree with me on a number of issues are capable of some fairly deep insights. Of all the "evils" in the world the worst is probably apathy. Without it, fewer true evils would go unchallenged. As a wise mind once wrote, we are Amusing Ourselves To Death. So what would be a more appropriate place to attack apathy?

Re: Gken. Did you also get banned for your offensive political comments about canadians after the mods clarified the vague rules to explicitly state their is no political discussion allowed? Or are you one of the many lucky posters at TBB who are allowed to break this rule with impunity?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Hypocrisy

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think that you were offensive, but to be honest, i'm with lordsigmund on this one. when all is said and done, you broke the rules. if you dont like it, too bad.

i do agree with you that TBB is not a pleasant environment, and it's a shame that they can be inconsistent, but ultimately the founders set up a rule system that they wanted, and people should respect them enough to stick to it.

if people started flaunting the (few) rules we have here i expect that a lot of the community would be up in arms at the disrespect to christer et al. but let's face it, we have a far more tolerant mod team than many forums, and we are lucky for that.

maybe you're just getting too used to the liberties you have at fumbbl! =)

"Now that's an esophagous!"
 Jump to: