22 coaches online • Server time: 03:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if you are prepared to wait 1 year and a bit you will get to choose your own MVP's. It will be cool as you will actually be able to give them to the real MVP's! I will anyway

@ Shivan... What you could do is make a player bio detailing the reason he has so many MVP's (corruption, death threats, crowd favourite etc, its what makes the BB world so much fun! Smile )
St_Lemon

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Before you rolled any dice the chance of getting 2 elevens in a row is one chance in 121 but as soon as you rolled the first die all results are as probable so that you get a second 11 is then one in eleven.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, dice have no memory, remember that ^^

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it is very probable that you will get one or two player that get annoying amounts of MVP:s. The reason for this is of course that the chance of getting a second MVP is a big as getting the first. Shivan your idea is that you can "roll a die dry" of a certain number, which if you think closer, is pretty ilogical. If you actually believe this, I assume you warm up your dices before starting a tabletop game and roll your dice 100 times picking those that rolled LOWEST to use, as this have more sixes left?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
stop with the stupid randomness threads already

or I will prove it by "randomly" blocking peoples accounts

:/

Good thing my coachname isn't Orgg Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but after the first 11 the second is 1/11 again.
sceadeau

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Shivan, I realize 100 people have said this, but seriously, you need to reread your textbook on how odds are done. While you are right that the odds of a player getting an MVP on an 11 man team twice in a row would be 1/11*1/11, the odds that he gets an MVP after already getting one is just 1/11. Just like a coin flip. Chances of "two heads in a row" is 25%, but chances of heads coming up after it has just come up heads is 50%.

Actually, I think the earlier poster had it right. It's because your man is named Orgg. Java's random generator has a problem with that text string. It's all been documented before.
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Atually, if I read it correctly, according to the NEW LRB from this latest rules review, MVP's are no longer random, You get to pick the MVP.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

urm thats the vault mate! Wink its not coming out until 2007 Smile
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Shivan wrote:
the chance of a player getting a MVP on a 11 player is not 1/11 the second time.
Its like if you roll an 11 sided die, the chance of rolling 11 two times in a row is (1/11)*(1/11)

As samain told you the chance for a player to get a MVP WHEN WE KNOW that he got a MVP at the previous game is
P(B\A)=P(BsectionA)/P(A) = [(1/11)*(1/11)]/(1/11) = 1/11.
Where P(A) = chance of a player to get a MVP at game 2= 1/11
and P(B) = chance of the same player to get a MVP at game 1 = 1/11

The chance for a player to get 2 MVPs in a row is
P(A)*P(B) = (1/11)*(1/11).

*I'm not sure if section is the right english term. I mean the symbol that is an upside down U.
Korso

Post 8 Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:

You really enjoy the power huh
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

nah.

he enjoys SHOWING he has the power, that's a different matter Razz

Post 21 Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Korso wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:

You really enjoy the power huh

You are brave. A small number of people would post a thought like this. I hope you don't get your account blocked.
Korso

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. He makes hollow threats. I can't believe that Christer could give an admin-level access to FUMBBL for a completely mean person, therefore I don't take everyone too seriously. But as the comic strip says, we all could be dogs... then, why not Evil little Napoleons?
G_Force

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Is chosing the MVP really the best way to go about it? I can't see too many genuine MVP awards being handed out this way, more likely to be the player that will strategically benefit most from the extra 5 SPP.

Would it not make more sense to take the stats given at the end of the game (cas push rush passes etc) assign each type of stat a points value and that way get the MVP. in the event of a tie then sure either random selection or coach choice.

Maybe i am just being synical and the coaches on fumbbl are more honest than my opinion of joe public.
 Jump to: