31 coaches online • Server time: 12:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChrisB

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I hates R I hates it big times . hardly ever play it - the cherry picking is a nightmare....
collier1976

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so if everyone (or most or a lot or whatever) moved into U or X, how would that stop the cherry-picking? As soon as the CPers find that all their favorite targets have moved, won't they move as well?
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it mildly amusing a coach is started by a dane aboot cherry picking and coaches avoiding certain teams/races. It is an open format where people are free to play whom they wish. Stop worrying about others, focus on what is in your control.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
I find it mildly amusing a coach is started by a dane aboot cherry picking and coaches avoiding certain teams/races. It is an open format where people are free to play whom they wish. Stop worrying about others, focus on what is in your control.

I lost something in translation or you taking a stab at us danes?
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's one I made earlier:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=146089

As you can see, Cherry picking gives me the Rage!!
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont find it to be much of a problem finding games, i even have some teams with quite abit of bash in em, but you can do alot on your own if you like, atm im playing alot with my CDs and yes they are a bashy team, but you dont have to give em all MB you know? bulls can take a million other good skills besides MB its a bit harder with the dwarfs my goal from the start was to have only 1 dwarf with MB and i only had 1 for alot og games however i just had a dwarf with guard get a normal skill and i really could not find anything besides MB to give him, but i wont do it again, this way i now have 3 with MB counting the mino, and its not hard for to get games, ofcours ei play alot vs other CDs khemri and ogres but some other team like the challegen and im sure some of em play me because i "only" have 3 MB and no Dirtyplayer.

imo its not fair to whine when someone dosent want to play you if you have like 6 MBplayers and a few Claw/rsc and 2 dirty players.

some might thing that this is a bad thing but if you go alittle easy with the DPs and MB its not that hard to get good games
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's really not too hard to find games as long as you don't go too heavy on the killer skills. My elves played this CD team.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=158237

I got the satifaction of niggling his little green DP...unfortunately, after it injured a couple of my players.

Personally, I enjoy playing agility teams against strength teams. It definitely makes for a different game than the usual elfbowl.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood For nuffle! Any and all of my teams will play a reasonably fair game, and usually with me fighting up in tr a little too... I'll be back on monday and i recommend hiding your children, doggies, bloodbowl players and star trek figurines (especially the picard ones) as i will be there to cause mayhem.. NACKNACK!

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

guess someone seeks to satisfy his bloodthirst Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked is worthless, I think we all really agree on that.

Faction is the only really serious division here, but because most players are casual (and the vast majority of fumbbl players never come to the forum) they have no idea what Faction is, so it is sadly underplayed.

We need a division here that is a mix between faction and ranked, with some anti-cherrypicking enducements such as extra points for accepting challenges. And we need it to be the accepted Main Event. But right now the Main Event is Ranked, which is sadly unstructured and not a sound basis for competition.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
...We need a division here that is a mix between faction and ranked, with some anti-cherrypicking enducements such as extra points for accepting challenges...

You mean Ladder?

Smile

It's just a matter of critical mass. All we need to do to get a more even distribution of games (which I'd love to see) is start playing in other divisions. Really.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladder is nothing like a mix between faction and Ranked, although it does have a slight anti cherry picker theme.

We need a Faction to be the main tournament. Now that would be a serious challenge (it would need about 10 divisions to fit us all in!)
Adar

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If everyone whining about cherry picking created a dodgy team which they used to play all the challenging bashy teams would the problem solve itself.

Jump to: