29 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xcver

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you count the goblins on the orc team yes, but they are suspectible to block/tackle as well.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... to clarify... the aging-aspect was just some kind of penalty I thought of, that would hit tough teams and agile alike and that hits CR-freaks, slayers, teambuilder and "funcoaches" alike. Come up with something else and it´s OK.

btw: My undead are ready for Ladder...
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting Idea.

I actually don't think meeting the quota while still avoiding the killfest teams would be difficult. My DEs have been doing that in both R and U for a fair while now.

The problem I see is with stunties. Not only will they have great difficulty surviving, but there simply aren't enough of them in R to fill everybody else's quota. I don't think I've ever played against a stunty side other than with a joke team. So every team on fumbbl would end up incurring penalties because nobody wants to play stunties in such an environment.

I do like the concept though. Hopefully some clever sod will come up with the piece that makes it click into place and be workable.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an interesting idea, but you are starting down a bad road. By putting it into ranked you are forcing a play style on coaches (that style being to play against every race). Do you really want to go there? Only a handful of coaches don't maintain either a public or a private blacklist--it's not feasible to make a blacklist denial to a challenger.

Not to mention forcing play styles and opponent choices is something accomplished by tournaments. Or the mechanics of finding a common time to play. I have a hard time getting a match done in a tournament vs opponents in my same time zone. What happens when someone across the pond challenges your team?
djbigjake

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Why force people to not have fun playing Bloodbowl?

The last thing I want is to play some whiney coach who complains all game that he has to play against me "because of circularlogic's dumb idea."

Furthermore, my favorite part of playing in ranked right now is just getting online, finding a game against whoever, and playing. Setting up games, choosing times, these things I only stand for when I myself decide to join a tourney or league.

While this may make your life better, it certainly has no good impact upon mine, and I wholeheartedly oppose this idea.
Wern

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There aint a problem ! let people play who they want, when they want, how they want, as long as it is within the rules. And stop telling people how to play. It is just for fun, and if someone think playing all elfs, then let him. You dont like it, play someone else. Really !
wee.. made my first posting Smile
Just sick of this - people telling how other should pick games or play matches, trying to make up rules to force people to play games they dont think is fun.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Circ - horrible idea.

IMO Most cherrypicking occurs by playing poor coaches rather than by playing favorable race matchups. I know what you are seeing and have made fun of people in these forums for doing what you describe.

But everyone plays FUMBBL for their own reasons and we really can't be bothered by what other people choose do do with their fun time.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... this has turned into another flame war with coaches who want to pick fights with ppl who just happen to have low AV...

so, i'm gonna propose an alternative change, that would make agility teams more bashy, and bashy teams more tuned to AG teams. IMHO, the best solution would be to swap the MB and Diving tackle around. In essence, suddenly all the elves would be able to pick MB from their agility skills, and the bashing teams would have Diving Tackle added to the strength skills. hence, elves can hurt bashy teams a bit more, but still have to dodge out a lot (due to lack of strength), which is when the diving tackle would come in useful...

flame me if you want, but this would be a far more realistic 'solution' than challenging systems, esp when cherry pickers can do the challenging... anyway, if u want challenging, i think u should go to ladder...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Circular, I just think that your solutions can't find support here because there is a confusion about Ranked:

Some plays it for an Open league where most plays.

Some for CR.

Group 1, IMO bigger than group 2 don't want to bother to arrange a game. Had enough forfeits in tournament to know this.

Now a part of both groups don't want to loose so you won't be able to get support from an amazon coach to play vs dwarf.

Another part don't want to play a team :e.g. ogre): no support too

Last part farms: so playing vs basher don't procure them any fun.

Now subsidiary questions:

My STR150 elves gets a challenge from STR 190 chaos? possible?
my str 250 4DP 4claws RSC don't find any elf to play? possible?
I have played 280 games here never one of my team reached 35games: normal?
I retire my guys to keep my TR low and keep them if they roll double and try to challenge coaches: cherrypicking?
I force elves to play my tackle team team per this rule: cherrypickking?
My elves reached 35 games: and 6 unfairs challenge are send: +6to my next ageing?
How long can a challenge stay inactive before beeing considered as refused? Can I still go in holliday?

Well circular I really appriciate your entousiasm in trying to improve R but that's definitily no good idea for R.
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem of course is that there is no real solution to divR's difficulties.

I'd still go for 'R returns to being called open' (and becomes unranked) and those who care about ranking get their own (new) divR.

Sadly nobody seems to understand that divU is the open division they've all been asking for, most still think of it as divT. And you couldn't just create a new open div for the same reason: nobody will play in a division that isn't already full of potential opponents.

I know it's been said before, but if all those people complaining about CR, cherrpicking & whatever moved their teams to divU then there would be more than enough opponents to go around. And the competetively-minded coaches would have R all to themselves.

Still, I realise nobody takes any notice of this stuff, so feel free to just continue moaning about divR instead. Wink

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't understand this kind of complaining about ranked. If you want forced matchups with all races represented, just play in tournaments or ladder. It's really not that hard.

Does anyone recognize this text?
Quote:
FUMBBL is an online Blood Bowl league open for everyone who wants to join in. As there is no set schedule, you can play whenever you have the time to do so.

The coaches that play a single game a week prefer to choose their opponents I think instead of being forced into something.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I'd still go for 'R returns to being called open' (and becomes unranked) and those who care about ranking get their own (new) divR.

Or just change the name of U to the Open league. The old timers will know the difference but those new to fumbbl may think this is the better place to start. Then maybe one day the tide will shift.

Open is more fun IMO anyway. I, myself, am a little less anal about winning in open non-tourney games.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The only part of CircularLogic's proposal that I agree with is losing CR for not challenging or refusing a challenge as CR is a FUMBBL concept. Aging and forced retirement of players are official rules and should not be modified/adapted in Ranked, Faction and Unranked which are supposed to be as close to the LRB as possible.

I agree with Calon. Would happily make all my ranked teams unranked if I could play as many games. Remember that the Ranked division used to be the Open division. My Woodies who are often accused of cherry picking used to be unranked in Open because I play the team to build it and enjoy it and didn't care about CR. Would happily opt all 5 of my ranked teams out of ranking now (or take them to Unranked) if I could get as many games as I get now in ranked.

Leave CR for Ladder or Faction where the games played are much more competitve and balanced.

still disliked all round!
tza

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The sonner that people realize that people dont' cherrypick based on CR, but based on what will keep their team alive as oposed getting their team utterly destroyed, the sooner they'll stop whinig about CR. That being said, do away with CR and leave all the meassuring E-Penis for the ranked official tournaments.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmmmm. U as open beeing as popular as R?

I really don't think so. It's not really enjoying when there is no reward.

I would reintroduce in U the Team ranking concept!
 Jump to: