47 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So the score represents reputation (as it does now) rather than the winner of a season?

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah actually it's better that way. People are not supposed to choose tournaments in order to maximise their points but out of:
-personal taste (e.g.: if you hate fouls better avoid chaos league or Nomadic Orken challenge)
-and/or fluff: e.g. I won last Altdorf classical, I MUST defend my title. My elves are going to show that they can beat orken on their own field. etc.

It's not optimizate the points you could get but play and these points are just a mesurement of your value in the group.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

just to get it straight:

"Starting in July: Altdorf Classical KO Cup"

means that the tourney will be set on the first of July. We have to apply til the 15th of June. Right?
Or is it the 15th of July that is the deadline for applying?

Do you think play offs will be finished till the end of June? Or will there be none? Or is it that the finalists will not be able to play in the first tourney (wouldn´t be too bad, since one can not participiate in all tourneys)?

And another one: Do you plan to have the TR divisions for all tourneys?
Guvnor

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

"Well if you don't feel like stealing the Stable idea, then I guess the next best idea is allow anyone who has played in a previous NL season have priority on joining as they have already proved their willingness to play.
The two methods would hopefully provide less dropouts.
Guvnor

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, are you planning to rank teams in Team Rating or Team Strength? I feel my Vamps suffered terribly with a really high TR which didn't reflect their true strength (TS was about 20 less). So they were in a group that was very tough for them. Guess I shouldn't have entered them then Razz
With TR it shows if a coach is playing them better than you would think and so puts them in a group that is not too easy.
But if you go by Team Strength I think you would get more of the weaker races playing ( for example a halfling team 126/98 would play in the TS 100 and under, as i think all would agree they would struggle in a TR 125-150 group. And if they do have a lot of skills, a couple of games wouldn't see the other teams to far behind in skills.
So, anyone want to play Halflings? Smile
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

personally i'm happy with TR, as i played in my league group as the weakest team. Effectively giving me 2 handicaps in most matches... not that it improved my performance, but anyway...

TS is hard to see, as SI injuries are deducted from ur TS, and skills are added, some possibly over-valued, others undervalued... TR is what the client uses for handicaps, so its safer to use to calculate depending on it i believe...

if a vampire team doesn't work, u can only hope that the vault reduces the value...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
just to get it straight:

"Starting in July: Altdorf Classical KO Cup"

means that the tourney will be set on the first of July. We have to apply til the 15th of June. Right?
Or is it the 15th of July that is the deadline for applying?

Do you think play offs will be finished till the end of June? Or will there be none? Or is it that the finalists will not be able to play in the first tourney (wouldn´t be too bad, since one can not participiate in all tourneys)?

And another one: Do you plan to have the TR divisions for all tourneys?

First answer: I will maybe make applys from today up to end of month. Ok playoffs players won't be able to play BUT it leaves me some players free to apply to the 2nd and 3rd tournament (the playoff players + first round ejected of Altdorf.). Currently I admit I am unsure about what to do.

For TR divisions: I see a problem in TR division and the thing will have to be re-think because every tournament won't be able to set 4 groups level so I guess I will have to be more flexible with that (TR 130 entering in TR 0-125 for exemple if no TR 126-150 can be set) but I am afraid that it will bring some moaning.

Besides, some tournaments will have different way to separate TR. For exemple, the choas leagues (currently in creation) are divided in Minor (TR 0-150) and Major (151+). I also think of groups with a TR max and no team over it and some with TR minimas.

This leads me to Guvnor's question. Mmmmmm hard one. The problem is: how to handle MNG? I agree with you that vampires and especially gobs and halflings are too weak in their real group. How to handle this? I don't see myself watching on every page and try to calculate the str of mng players, add them to the team total and build the groups. Confused
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Guvnor wrote:
"Well if you don't feel like stealing the Stable idea, then I guess the next best idea is allow anyone who has played in a previous NL season have priority on joining as they have already proved their willingness to play.
The two methods would hopefully provide less dropouts.

actually as I said previously, I guy able to send a pm to say "I wanna enter Altdorf classical", then forced to click on the tournament and submit his team is a guy that will play.

This season was plagued by players with current profil:

I look at recruiting groups.
I find a tournament and submit a team.
Month pass, I am still active but forgot about that tournament.
Next season start but I don't care, I don't want to play.

The new recruiting systems has big flaws but I hope that this new monthly starting events overcome his flaws.
alternat

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

just to inform sk8 that I won't subscribe to any tournament up to september, because splitted vacations cut away both half july and half august.
but after that I will, I'm quite sure.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no problem alternat, that the good point of the new system!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Another question?

I do wonder if it's a good choice to start a tournament evry month. Shouldn't it be every 2 month? I wonder if I can start one with enough player at a quick rate!
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I dropped last season (with warning mind you!) but I have my 'Dead 'Ole Gits' (200/203) free and available for new U action. Or is that too high a tr?

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No just join. I remember that you told me that you would leave. I also know that their went to UMT. Format of NL deeply changed though. Watch on the page. It's now some kind of a story (optional to follow it though)
Ebenezer

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I do wonder if it's a good choice to start a tournament evry month. Shouldn't it be every 2 month? I wonder if I can start one with enough player at a quick rate!

I vote for start every month, even if there are few players.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied btw. My gits are waiting...