46 coaches online • Server time: 19:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a WW big guy? stong and fast... 7528 Big Guy, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Claws, Regenerate. Give him catch if you want for fluff reasons...

Cost? similar to Minotaur - traded in horns and MB for Claws

Too similar to other big guys?

Gets around the 'positionals costing over 450k' rule too

Not something i've considered before, just popped into my mind while working on a funding bid at work...

BFN

Paul
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a WW big guy? stong and fast... 7528 Big Guy, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Claws, Regenerate. Give him catch if you want for fluff reasons...

Cost? similar to Minotaur - traded in horns and MB for Claws

Too similar to other big guys?

Gets around the 'positionals costing over 450k' rule too

Not something i've considered before, just popped into my mind while working on a funding bid at work...

BFN

Paul
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed... especially if you keep the idea of having 4 in a team!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of tweaking the deadies a bit, but 4 claw-frenzy guys on one team seems scary. Imagine the chainblocks and blitzes possible. No one would be safe from the sideline anymore. Could trade in the claws for MB but that wouldn´t be keepig in character.
They really need the Reg though. They die incredibly easy as it is.
Thralls getting Reg doesn´t seem like a big problem. Think of the Igors in Terry Pratchetts books they constantly repair and improve themselves. Would be quite cool in my opinion.
Making the whole Undead team AV7 would be quite hard on them considering the fact that they´ve got no Apo. Reg is not that reliable.

Good luck with the rulemaking. Should be interesting to watch.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluffwise I don't like it at all.
Keep Khemri and remove undead, would be a lot better.
Remove Werewolves from necro roster and add another player.
Create a roster for ghouls or add them in Vampire roster, then create a Wight roster ...
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Greenfort wrote:
I like the idea of tweaking the deadies a bit, but 4 claw-frenzy guys on one team seems scary. Imagine the chainblocks and blitzes possible. No one would be safe from the sideline anymore.

Imagine playing against Norse. But with claws instead of jumpup, and regenerating players. Smile
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, some good ideas and feedback, but why not break the 0-2 and 0-4 limits and have 0-3 i play a necro team quite alot, but most games i have to play are against bashers and against orcs with (4 str 4 guys and troll) and chaos and nurgle with the same sort of thing (one big guy 4 str 4 players) they just get outbashed,

so perhaps make em:
0-3 Flesh Golem WereWolf (OMG 0-3)
0-14 Zombies or something.

or if breaking the 0-4 or 0-2 rule is to much then i suggest perhaps keep the team as it is and just drop the Wolves down to 2, so instead of having a big guy they get 2 nippy guys running around harrasing you, just food for thought.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i would still say have 4 fleshgolems and 2 werewolfs just to give us Necro guys a chance when we get to high TR
mattchaos

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac, I see your point, but don't forget the "fluffwise" I added in my post, so I may be wrong, but fluff has nothing to do with balance Smile.
If you want all regenenation, then remove Ghouls as they are not real undeads (never died for example) ...
If you want undead then ... rename werewolves to "undead werewolves" or remove them but don't tell they are undeads ...

Technically now, I personnally find Khemri less broken than Undeads at low tr.

Anyway holydays for me, so good bye and good luck.
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2005 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps and necros seem fine, although my personal preference would be for more player types. The undead team seems likely to get crushed, however, especially against strength teams.

They don't have the agility to dodge away. They don't have the armor to take hits. They don't have the speed or agility to play the ball effectively. The mummies are nice, but the team still doesn't have enough strength access to bash their way down the field, especially as TR goes up.

Regenerate may make them more resilient than your average AV 7 team, but a player who regens is still off the field for the remainder of the drive. Plus, they will be knocked down far more often than your average elf.

The main strategy with this team seems likely to be a variation of the Khemri strategy. I.E. Knock 'em down with the mummies, then foul with a cheap DP lino.

They will probably do ok at lower TR, mainly for the same reasons that the current rookie undeads do well - regen, cheap linos, mummies, and easy access to block/dodge. However, even the current undead has problems as TR increases, and this iteration seems likely to plummet even more quickly.

I'd recommend a quick playtest of a rookie Undead team vs rookie orcs, then TR 150, then TR 200. If you have time, do the same against an elven team.
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Strength access on the wights definitely increases the team's potential. The wights and ghouls seem somewhat overpriced - they are going to be painful to replace at 90k a piece. However, the team does look ready for playtesting.

If you haven't seen it yet, this site has some guidelines on pricing players. http://www.blood-bowl.net/NewBBTeamBuildingGuide.html
Kyojima

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What playtesting? Regenerate on Werewolves is grossly unbalanced. Move 8, claw, frenzy, catch, and a 50% chance of ignoring any injury? That removes the weakness of their average Armor Value. Same with your Thralls and Regen.. You completely pull the teeth from Out for a Bite when there's a 1 in 6 chance of hitting Blood Lust, then an armor roll, and you add a 50% chance that the Thrall will promptly regenerate the wound it just got.
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Before making any comments, I'd like to know the reasoning behind the changes that you made.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

10 positionals on each one?

skummy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just spoiling for a fight, eh?
 Jump to: