45 coaches online • Server time: 17:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone ever seen Kasparov look up at his opponent and say "sorry" as he takes a Knight off the board? Certainly not! Every time I man up with a player I know he is putting his life on the line for the good of the team!

From a coaches point of view ,death (or any injury really) is anoying as it diminishes my chances in the game...but as a PLAYER I think it is hilarious...and have no problem geting whacked OR whacking away myself!

All you will ever get from me is an "Ouch!" and perhaps a sentiment on how it fits into the scheme of the current game.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I am one of those that am more annoyed by the "sry". Somehow if a player doesn't take the time to spell it all out they just don't mean it do they?

On the other hand my apologizes when I kill something range from "WHOHOO I finally killed something to." to "O_O Okay... I hadn't expected that. MUAHAHAHAHA". And sometimes the rare but completely honest "Shit".

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

"ouch" or "harsh" seems appropriate for a block.

I VERY rarely foul but 'sorry' after a foul seems hypocrite.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
All you will ever get from me is an "Ouch!" and perhaps a sentiment on how it fits into the scheme of the current game.

Same here. Possibly "That sucks" if he was your best player (the implication being that it sucks for YOU, I, of course, am deliriously happy about having him off the pitch). Am I sorry? Why should I be - I was trying to kill him wasn't I?

"Sorry" from someone who's been blitzing your star GR all game with his Block Tackle Mighty Blow guy is only salt rubbed into the wound, anyway.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I do an 'ouch' or 'damn, that's nasty'.

And if i say 'sorry', which sometimes i do, it is not meant in the spirit of 'sorry i did that' but more in the 'sorry that you lost that player, BH would have been fine, i sympathize with you'.

Part of the game is death and mutilation. If you are really sorry for blocking players, then don't block. I do sympathize with a coach if he lost a player. The fact that it is part of the game doesn't mean you have to like it, after all. You do have to accept it.

Regards,
Jazz
Doowa

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

so to conclude on all the answers: No, you don't have to say sry (unless you really are?) Wink

but something to note that you're aware of the 'hard strike' is pretty common.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I write down myself a list.

The Trog like person: I need to say "sorry" everytime because he hates that.

The Chunky like person: I will say "sry" just to make it short and hycrocrite then select foul, foul and say "sry again"

The "apologize kind of person": I ll say "crap, just a niggling when I hoped so much on a kill" and just to make it worser "I am definitely unlucky today Sad ."

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Jazz wrote:
I do an 'ouch' or 'damn, that's nasty'.

And if i say 'sorry', which sometimes i do, it is not meant in the spirit of 'sorry i did that' but more in the 'sorry that you lost that player, BH would have been fine, i sympathize with you'.

Part of the game is death and mutilation. If you are really sorry for blocking players, then don't block. I do sympathize with a coach if he lost a player. The fact that it is part of the game doesn't mean you have to like it, after all. You do have to accept it.

Regards,
Jazz

I agree with you on most things. If I am playing a fun game with a coach that I like and BLOCK someone to death, I will most likely add a 'sorry mate'. I usually don't foul, but saying sorry after you killed someone with a foul is extremely hypocrite and not appreciated.

NB I had a game where my opponent was swearing ater the first Stunned player he got, cursing me and his bad luck. He made useless fouls and laughed about them. I replied with saying he had the best team I ever played and fouled his RSC, Claw DP Storm Vermin as my last action in Turn 16. I think I even said Sorry and peed my pants in laughter. You should have seen the words he typed... Wink

Sigh: sometimes BB CAN be fun Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I only say sorry if I inflict a cas on a star late in the game, with apo gone, on a non crucial block.

Otherwise I just say "owch" or "that hurts" os something like that, which implies I partecipate my opponent's suffering but I am not sad about it.

It's cool when you play coaches you know. If you know they can take casualties light-hearted, it's nice to say "ah-ah!", or "finally", or "take this!" and have a laugh at the bloodbath. Lighthearted BloodBowl is hell of a fun.

"Arenas burn, players die, but true BloodBowl is forever"
The Crow

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. I actually block (and at times foul) to put a player out of the game, not necessarily to kill him.

So if I KO, badly hurt or seriously injure an opponent's player I usually go YUPPIE! If I niggle or kill him I usually go "ach" or "aargh" to mean that this outcome is ok with me but that I would have happily settled with a badly hurt too..

I usually go "sorry" when I kill a player of a team that has already had bad luck.

Also I find that the fact that this game is a game in which players usually die is known by all. So when somebody says "sorry" to me I try to think that he is sympathizing with me, not that he is an hypocryte or he is really sorry for my player. So I'll not get bersekerly mad at him but I'll not have quailms blocking and/or fouling his players as retaliation.

My 2 cents.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If my opponent is chatty and fun, a "sorry" is redundant. But if it is someone who sits quietly all the game and when someone dies laughs or says "I like pie" or something equally stupid... that bugs me.. It is not very friendly.

What pisses me off even more is lack of courtesy. A quick "Thanks for the game" should really be common sense, even if you just lost 2 players and the game...

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If my opponent is chatty and fun, a "sorry" is redundant. But if it is someone who sits quietly all the game and when someone dies laughs or says "I like pie" or something equally stupid... that bugs me.. It is not very friendly.

What pisses me off even more is lack of courtesy. A quick "Thanks for the game" should really be common sense, even if you just lost 2 players and the game...

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to say "ouch". I definitely don't apologise in some circumstances, like when my opponent uses his apo on a MNG and then gets his best blitzer killed.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My rule of thumbs is a "Oops" for a BH or a non-niggling SI and "Ouch" for a niggle or RIP.
I am not out to kill anyone, but it happens. Then, I feel some form of empathy is better than an apology. (If I did not want to kill pixels, I'd play something else, but I know it is not nice to lose a player..)

Ult

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am committed to NEVER be sorry, but allow myself sometimes to be disappointed (it's a good rule outside of BB too). I will not apologize for anything I do in game, but I won't be an ass in chat either.