44 coaches online • Server time: 14:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I fail to see what cherrypicking has to do with this.
You played down 18 SR against a chaos team, you got beaten up, and you got a draw.

So, what ?
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:
I fail to see what cherrypicking has to do with this.
You played down 18 SR against a chaos team, you got beaten up, and you got a draw.

So, what ?

He has cherrypicked the Chaos team! Cool

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Poor chaos team, being cherrypicked by evil elves Sad

We all mourn for such wussiness and that's why we hate cherrypicking.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If I was playing chaos and I had a chance to tie at T4 in second half, I'd stall to the end too. What's the point of scoring if you give an Elf player 4 turns to receive?

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched the replay of the game and I gotta say I don't understand what Borgen is talking about. His opponent even tried to score in turn 6 (he couldn't score earlier) but failed a gfi. Sure, he could then score in turn 7, but there is really no point in doing that. So absolutely nothing wrong in his stalling. Though the last 2 fouls was completely unnecesary (on a stunned player when he got no more turns to stand up in) but I guess they were due to opponent whining.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
If I was playing chaos and I had a chance to tie at T4 in second half, I'd stall to the end too. What's the point of scoring if you give an Elf player 4 turns to receive?

The point is to get the win, because the elves with 5 players on the field can do nothing but to let you get the ball after a turn or 2. Then you win easily.
peke

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Panda_ wrote:
The point is to get the win, because the elves with 5 players on the field can do nothing but to let you get the ball after a turn or 2. Then you win easily.

Dude, you gotta start playing against better players.
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Once I managed to tie a game with just 4 elves against 11 dwarves in two turns. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky, but elves live to do those kind of things (and most of the time then they die).
I can see the point of ensure the tie. Actually I´d have scored to try to score again, but probably I´d have lost the match.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, can someone give me back the 10 minutes of my life that I wasted reading this useless post Smile
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

No. Sorry Sideshowbob.
Would you like a pie? I can give you one instead.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like waffles
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

uacs... sorry again, I can´t give you waffles.

But I like it too
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

peke wrote:
Panda_ wrote:

Dude, you gotta start playing against better players.

well I'd give it a shot too, especially if I am better than my opponent. If it's not the case or at same level, I don't know. Would depend on the teams.

According to Webbe, though, it was not what happend.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I "re-engaged" on the foul because he had gotten the ref, this did not leave me open to more fouling.

As to being "outplayed" I'm not saying I'm the best player, but by turn 4 or 5 I decided it wasnt worth trying to stop the TD since it was likely to occur anyway, and blocked my better players in to prevent them from being surrounded and fouled. Judging the use of my blitz moves past this point is ridiculous. Though he would have lost if he didnt roll a 6 on a pick.

My opponent decided to try to kill my players simply for the sake of killing them, with no other purpose. I didnt think that was much fun. Similar to another chaos team i played a week back that DP'd my witch elf when the game was 3-0 halfway through the 2nd half.

So I'll have to avoid coaches who take DP/claw before other skills because in my experience, they arent taking those skills to win games.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodbowl is not a fair game.
You are a fari player = play fair.
But you must accept other ways to play the game.