66 coaches online • Server time: 21:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Silver

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

/me feels himself trapped by Mac in the spamtrap.

Should I mention Pie?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

no! Image

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm you people realize you don't get the point, do you?

In JBB (Java Blood Bowl) there is an OPTION (Options.NFO).
It says "download opponents pics tick/untick (true/false).

Ok those who want to download theit opponents pictures (THEIR OPPONENTS, NOT THEIRS!!!) can check thix box.
Those guys get to see the portraits their opponents have uploaded on FUMBBL, meaning portraits that are linked to the HTML team roster file.

So far so good. U sure u got it so far?

Now here is the problem.

Fumbbl Team Roster HTML Files enforce certain options in Java Bowl. For example, LRB2004 and "no Overtime".
Thats fine.
However, "Download Opposing Pics" is an user option just like "Sound on/off", it is in no way related to rules of any sort.

So bottom line remove that flag from the "enforced options with rosther" thingy.
The folks who wanna download pics, can simply leave the box checked and Ski Junkie can be asked to turn it on by default so you have to manually DISABLE it to make sure nobody misses any features.
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

btw i'd appreciate it if you guy's would take your "i got no clue what he's talking about, but i feel like babling" spam posts to general chat or something, because this is deliberately posted in "Ideas and Bugreports".

And it is a BUG that a User Options checkbox in JBB no longer works when using FUMBBL.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You seemed sarcastic, but I didn't understand it for real...

This time I understand.
And I agree, if it is the way you say it is (and I can't think why you should be lying).

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree with that, BigMe. Having it as an option is great, you may garner more support with reasoning like, "portraits can be confusing", or "Dial-up players take a long time to download", then, "Every coach has horrid pics", though. Wink Just a thought.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to turn the damn feature on and off whenever i like.
And no i don't need to raise anyone's support for that, i just wanted to make Christer aware of this BUG.

Its not like i'm asking for my usual DivX revolution this time. Wink
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

the roster force options shouldn't be changing this setting. Make sure that when you load jbb and uncheck this option that you actuallly start a game. Even it if is only a stand a lone game and you close it after kickoff. Otherwise it will not be saved. Also, you can manually open the options.nfo dialog in a text editor and change this option to false by hand.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

it reverts every time you play a game with "FUMBBL Login" enabled Ski;
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sid is freaky looking, damn ventriloquay.... Untrustworthy in the extreme, and i thought id bagged him too... cursed TS difference...

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
Sid is freaky looking, damn ventriloquay.... Untrustworthy in the extreme, and i thought id bagged him too... cursed TS difference...

I'm sorry but...
WHAT THE GNARF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That'd be Macavitys fling, Sid, whom, for some reason the portrait i find terribly freaky looking. In a recent game In turn 16, i announced i was going to smite him, so blitzed him and killed him outright, only to discover after the game my TS was about 2 points too high... So he lives. He mentioned it earlier in the post, and in my tired, and at this point semi inebriated state, I felt compelled to respond on the thread to nobody in particular. Statement retracted. Back on topic, With Sids notable exception, I think portraits are fine, and add enourmously to the fun of the game for me, and as far as i was aware, there was a way to turn off portrait downloading, but I had never had the inclination.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Im with hollowOne on this one.....
-Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Look limited talented people; As you know there are those people who do that thingy that is called CUSTOMIZING, which means we actaully draw our own portraits of these little miniature fellows, or we steal some from the web and edit them to fit the portrait window - so basically, i don't want to see your crap, i want to see mine. And i want to turn the download OFF. The option is there, it just doesn't work, so your opinion on weather you like to turn it on or off is just plain irrelevant and it would be verry nice of you to keep it to yourself and stick to posting stuff that actually adds something of relevance to the subject;

@ Ski (because of all this freaking SPAM posted here) : i know what you are saying, but as soon as "FUMBBL Login" is checked, the "Download Opponents Pics" is activated and there is no way to prevent that.

@ any mod: it starts to ge on my nerves that spam is tolerated here but well deserved flaming earns me warnings. get you priorities straight. These folks kill topics that actually contain some info worth reading...
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think he's right. I unchecked the "Download opponent pics" from the options, opened a stand alone game (had to foul an orc thrower 3 times to even get a cas with dp and 5 assists btw), played a few turns and ended the game. Then I started spectating a random game and it still downloaded the opponent pictures.

So, I guess the "Download opponent pics" is enforced in the Fumbll login. But is it Fumbbl or JBB based?

Jump to: