25 coaches online • Server time: 08:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Try to be as friendly as you can while talking, make little jokes and laugh about mistakes (preferably your own). Most opponents come around sooner or later and joke a bit themselves.

Also I never foul, never crowdpush, never stall. Not saying most should do this as I normally lose, but it does make for well natured games Smile

Oh and if you roll a blitz on the kick off when leading 4-0, then just click past it.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I will engage in whatever tactic I see fit to win the match. I tactical foul. I crowd push. I stall when doing so makes scoring a near impossibility for the opponent, resulting in a win for my side. I however will not use personal insults or derogatory terms in regards to my opponent. I may curse the dice, but that is a different matter all together Smile In terms of playing the game I play to win and assume my opponent will do the same. I do loose my cool from time to time though, as I get overtly competitive from time to time. Thankfully these outbursts aren't too often Smile Eventually a cooler head prevails.

Personal insults are not cool. Anyways, my two cents worth.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

From turn 14 and forward not blocking with Chainsaw, since this doesn't give any SPP... That was a nice guy...

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

a nice guy dont t16 foul more that 6 or 7 games out of 10
-Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's good not to cherrypick.
It's good not to take the game too serious.
It's good to play for entertainment.
It's good to be polite, especially after match.

Tribune

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Diarmuid wrote:
I will engage in whatever tactic I see fit to win the match. I tactical foul. I crowd push. I stall when doing so makes scoring a near impossibility for the opponent, resulting in a win for my side. I however will not use personal insults or derogatory terms in regards to my opponent. I may curse the dice, but that is a different matter all together Smile In terms of playing the game I play to win and assume my opponent will do the same. I do loose my cool from time to time though, as I get overtly competitive from time to time. Thankfully these outbursts aren't too often Smile Eventually a cooler head prevails.

Personal insults are not cool. Anyways, my two cents worth.

Pretty much sums me up!

I play ball control offense, that's as legit in BB as it is in real football, as far as I'm concerned.

I think adding some comments to the match report shows a bit of class as well, it's a chance to thank your oppo and for me, feels like giving good feedback on eBay.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing my no-tree flings against some dwarves the other day. He had me down to one player in the second half Turn 5-ish, and scored (he was already up a score) I asked him why he didn't stall, he said, "Hey, you agreed to play flings on my dwarves, I ain't gonna stall". I REALLY liked that! Classy fellow!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

fouling, but without dp in t16 can give your opponent such a feeling of warmth...

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

setting up to let your oponent OTS when you got a 3-0 lead and its his T16 Smile (and yes, I did that last F2 game:))
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Saying 'Doh!' everytime you try something that fails instead of cursing the dice.
Calling it a 'good play' instead of a lucky play when something works out for him.
'Good hit!' whenever he causes a cas on a block.

It makes the game a little more fun.

Z
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It amazes me how slow this thread is compared to the Bastard-thread. That one just went through the roof in a few minutes.

Is it really that difficult to be a nice guy? Specially some guys here who suggests pretty nasty tactics as their 'good-guy'-advice.

Sheeesh!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My usual response to really bad luck on my part is, "wow...."

My usual response to really bad luck on my opponent's part is, "um... did you sleep with Nuffle's sister or something?"

Edit:: Don... the Right Bastard thread really took off a few hours ofter posting, as I recall. I came back from lunch and it was all nutso!

Last edited by Macavity on %b %31, %2005 - %16:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
nportela

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Choosing skulls, passing the blitz turn, rerolling only rolls of 4+, fouling with their best player, using the wizard only to entertain the audience during the break... these are some things i like the most... But im afraid to say im not a Good guy, according to my view
Smile

What about kicking the ball in the last turn in a way to force the touchback (only when there is no chance of scoring)? to let the other coach make a pass

(i hope many coaches read this topic!)

Last edited by nportela on %b %31, %2005 - %20:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Habeli

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well this is kind of a "good guy team" or does someone disagree?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=192618

for those who don't bother to look at em, here is the cas diff after 41 games: -78 (9/7/3 - 43/38/16)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Cas Diff: -176 (32/28/6 - 127/79/36) after 44 games! I must have the nicest team ever, by Habeli's judgement!