68 coaches online • Server time: 20:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is more evil... a Foul or a Crowd Push?
Foul (Curse you, fouling little gits!)
44%
 44%  [ 69 ]
Crowd Push (Frenzying freaks!)
9%
 9%  [ 14 ]
Both are equal sick. (Can't we just hug?)
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Pie (mmm... Pie...)
40%
 40%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 154

Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If crowdpushing was considered so highly immoral that nobody ever did it, I would place my ballcarrier along the sideline and put one player on each side of him, so that my opponent couldn't hit him without causing a crowdpush. Hence, the ballcarrier would be left alone.
tautology

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Neither fouling nor crowd pushing has moral force worth mentioning.

Taking delight in inflicting harm on a fellow coach's team after the game has been decided?

That's a decision each coach must make for themselves.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I never saw anything 'wrong' with a crowdpush. I am still a little wary about fouling, but if my opponent leaves a player where I can send him surfing, I do it 99% of the time. His stupid fault imho. With fouling, its a little more difficult to avoid I believe, as if your player gets hit by a pow and stunned, you really dont have any choice about him being on the ground for the next coupla turns. To me, the main reason why I will crowdpush and am still wary about fouling is that the ref doesnt see crowdpushers, and on a blitz you can dance away again so you dont get pushed.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen now and then how coaches realise that their opponent is a wuss (that don't crowdpush) and takes advantage of this by placing their players in favourable dangerous positions close to the sidelines. When the pansy lets people get away with this it makes me sick!

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see evilness in crowdpushing... it's just a way to get number advantage using some errors in the placement of your opponent. Fouling is a different thing, and I mean abusing it: blocking and gangfouling him to death while ignoring the ball, and don't forget that +2 will go to injury most of the time with DP in gangfoul, so crowdpush is a bit safer for the victim...

As I always said, tactical fouling is useful and somewhat more acceptable... an heavy fouling game is unbearable, and mainly you can't stop your opponent from doing it, crowdpushing can be avoided with little caution...

Math and alcohol don't mix well... please don't drink and derive
Tank

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I never miss an opportunity to send my opponent surfing.
If he asks for it, I'll gladly oblige.
I like to accommodate. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
+2 will go to injury most of the time with DP in gangfoul, so crowdpush is a bit safer for the victim.

yes, but surfing is much less safe for the victim if he still has an apothecary left - no armour roll needed, and no apothecary can be used Razz

if there is an important stunned player, maybe you should put some of your players nearby to prevent too many assists on the coming foul?

Bamboo

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Neither are evilbad, both are part of the game, the game is fun cos a major part of it is evilfun.
BUT
Crowdpushing is worse - definitely out of the drive, can't apothecary, less chance of culprit turnover (if it's a 2db).
If a guy's down and pinned to the sideline and can't dodge easy, I usually keep him down. Unless it's an emergency and tbh it usually is. Or if there's claws/DPs around...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowdpushes are not evil.
Fouls are not evil.

Crowdpushes are a crowdpushed one's fault.
Fouls are not the fouled one's fault.

This is the only difference.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Launcher wrote:
If crowdpushing was considered so highly immoral that nobody ever did it, I would place my ballcarrier along the sideline and put one player on each side of him, so that my opponent couldn't hit him without causing a crowdpush. Hence, the ballcarrier would be left alone.

Yes, I am currently running a team which isn't allowed to crowdpush (or foul). No one has quite set up this situation yet, but similar ones have caused me <i>great pain</i>.

I think the team may have to turn evil soon ...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

why does all claim that beeing crowpushed is always the players fault. That's not true. for exemple:

| . . .
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

D is the player defending

Now it's my turn

Blitz:
| . . . B (pushes)
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

| . . . B
| . P
| . D .
| . P .
Now hit:
| . . . B
| . P->with him
| . . .
| D P .

hit again (if needed, bring a help):

| . . . B
| . P
| . . .
| . P : Surfing!!!!

You want more exemples?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
why does all claim that beeing crowpushed is always the players fault. That's not true. for exemple:

| . . .
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

Now it's my turn

Blitz:
| . . . B (pushes)
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

| . . . B
| . P
| . D .
| . P .
Now hit:
| . . . B
| . P->with him
| . . .
| D P .

| . . . B
| . P
| . . .

You want more exemples?

Why wouldn't this be his fault?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

| . . .
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

Now it's my turn

Blitz:
| . . . B (pushes)
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

| . . . B
| . P
| . D .
| . P .
Now hit:
| . . . B
| . P->with him
| . . .
| D P .

| . . . B
| . P
| . . .

You want more exemples?

Why wouldn't this be his fault?

because sometimes You need sacrifices for defense. And it's just an exemple Webbe. Sometimes, you will surf no matter what by trying to defend.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Turn 16 foul? Turn 16 Crowd Push?

Both legal under the rules of the game. It makes just as much sense for my dwarf & ogre teams to complain about turn 16 TDs. I mean, if you're not taking the ball *through* the other team, you aren't really playing blood bowl. Of course my Dark Elf team would say "by any means neccesary."

Anyone who wants to whine about fouling / crowd pushing should probably play golf 'cos the body count tends to be lower.

If you don't like the way somebody plays then.... don't play them again. If you never play anyone ever, then your players will never die.
Telcontar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It is all about the situation your in If someone places his/her players on the sidelines without sidestep or SF well his/her problem
But doing multipushes or deliberatly choosing arrows and several blocks to "gangpush players" is actualy evil cose you cannot defend against getting pushed 5 times if the dices come up.

Same goes for fouling if you foul oppos starplayer to get him off thats fine but if you continue fouling if he has 4 players left prone on the field and actualy tells you to go on and score thats evil.

Last edited by Telcontar on %b %10, %2006 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: