31 coaches online • Server time: 02:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karson

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a league info update Johnsnow and II have started our 2nd round game. due to s adisocnnect and subsequent family issues we wer uable to finish it immediately. We are working on finishing it this weekend.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Karson, thanks for letting me know. Although it's best to send a pm to me too, as I almost forfeited your game as I looked that deadline has gone, and no pm's received.

Take your time.

And we need one replacement coach, to replace the previous replacement (Doh!). If you have TR max 135 Unranked LRB team (or you know someone who might be interested), please apply in Group Page ASAP!

First one to apply is taken, and has Round 2 game right away.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I have applied with my 130 Tr Chaos team- Sackett Clan, will be availiable to play after 18.00 today.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Ronnie. You got half of the points that Popcorn had, so that makes 4 (3,5 rounded up). Brave team you have there, are they are down to 10 man for the first game. Hope that Nuffle smiles on you Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

NLF Primetime, Round 2

Round is almost done, only 2 games unplayed.

Let's look at what's happening in NFL.

Hammerheim, Division A

Brajilian Goddess return took another victory over Fluffy Little Terrors. Game ended 3-2, and after the game Coach Xenon announced another Bounty Hunt for Brajilian's. This time Roberto was the target. So now Brajilian's have two Bounties on them. That gives some goal for Deeprock Stonegrinders, who won Breakthrough Bears 2-0 in their game. And the fact that Dwarfs are just made to kill Amazons gives that game a good twist. If Dwarfs get into killing mood, there are plenty of points to be taken on Bounty Hunts.

Hammerheim, Division B

On the only played game little halflings (I suppose they are little?) from Pastry Products and Friends tied 1-1 against Bichos del Sistema. Flings took some casualties again, but they seem to like draws. Maybe on next week we'll see a win from them, as they face the newest addition to NFL, Sackett Clan.

Bloodsville, Division A

On Division A's only game Tin Knockers faced Valhalla Valkyries. The game ended 2-1 for Tin Knockers.

The other game between Sylivan Assanssians and Slipslidinaway has been delayed for some reason. It will be played on couple of days, so we'll have to wait some time to know which team will jump from the bottom of the Division, and which not.

Bloodsville, Division B

Less Human than Human took another solid victory against Thorgrim's Slaughterers. Mully's Humans haven't given a single td so far. In this game they won 2-0. They seem to be hard to stop, but still they haven't got any Bounty Hunts on them. NFL investigators are on the case.

On the other game, Sledmonton Norse-kemos faced Silver Oak Sentinels. Score was 4-1 for Sentinels, which gave them the second place in Division. Next round we'll see if those brave Woodies can challenge Mully's Humans.

And there were some new Bounties given too. Treacle Tart, Roberto, Weasel and Sniffles were all Bountied. The first Bounty Hunt to be collected is waiting. Who will be the first Coach to enter NFL Office and claim a Bounty? Some whispers are that Deeprock Stonegrinders are bragging about soon-to-be-collected Bounties on local pubs, but there is a long way from pub bragging to actions in the pitch.

So there will be one more round before those Cross-Division games, and then all teams are facing old opponents again. I suppose that there will be a lot more blood on the field when old grudges are settled.

And remember that there will be player awards at the end of the Regular Season. Awards are not named yet, as the names for them are given by players that died during the season. It is up to the Coaches to nominate their players (or opponents) for that. And at the end of the season it will be decided who gets his name to the Trophy and is remembered for the rest of the NFL.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Contract from Below get another contract against !!

After getting a bounty against a ghoul during the first week, the Contract from Below team get another one on a mummy against the new chaos team Sackett Clan !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1274642
RC

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharkham!!!
die fast or slow, just die!!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Goddess finish the first round with an incredibly lucky victory against ... dwarves (wow didn't expect that)
The dwarves were obviously cursed with pityful armor and armor rolls but who would complain about this ? (well at least not me)

Game

No new bounty from me in this game, I want to see these dwarves all alive for the revenge and show them one more time Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A win for Contract From Below !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1279664

The undead managed a second win, being undeafeated until now before playing the cross game against other divisions.

During the game the Bounty hunted Mummy Kharkham (11spp) was Badly hurt !
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Again we have some coaches being away for several days. Please remember that if you are going to be offline for 5 days or more, you must inform tourney admin AND your opponent about it.

There has been a dropped coach on both rounds now, and at this moment it looks like there might be one again. This is something that I really don't like to see. But as far as I can think, quick replacement is the only way to avoid forfeited games. But then again, replacements take away grudges against teams (that's what Bounty Hunts are all about). So it's balance between changing teams and coaches that don't play their games. I think that the first solution is better, that way nearly all the games are played on the pitch.

And for these few rounds I have been contacting players about their unplayed games. Only few coaches have been sending PM's about their problems in arranging games. Remember that if it goes to forfeit, and I'm busy IRL, it goes to favor of that coach who has contacted me.

Now we have 21 games done, and 20 of them were played. I think that it's an excellent job from you coaches, and even that forfeited game was started (too bad that time run out on ending it).

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The third game of the NFL season saw the 1-1 Silver Oak Sentinels vs. the 2-0 Less Human Than Human

Play started with the Humans receiving the ball. Early attempts to penetrate were thwarted by the plucky wood elfs who spent the first half chasing the ball carrier around. Even down by five six turns in, the Wood Elfs were pressing hard. After a stunning turn-over a sure TD was missed by a Wardancer that rolled double ones on a dodge roll. The resultant ball drop led to an easy LHTH score.

The second half saw the Wood Elfs swarm the Human defensive schematic, and a hand-off and short pass later it was 1-1. Again on defence the Wood Elfs held off the Humans and were poised to score again when another simple TD was taken away. Out of position, the offensive minded Wood Elf watched helplessly as the humans bobbled and stumbled their way to a 2-1 lead. Frightened of the potent Sentinel defence, the Humans ran deep into their territory, followed by the entire wood elf team. Again Nuffle took a third TD score away from the Sentinels, and instead bestowed his fortune and the phone number of one his favorite lady companions to the opposing team's coach as he allowed them to score 3-1.

On the very last play, after 40 blocks were thrown, 10 with mighty blow, finally we broke the amazingly well-crafted Human armor and KO'd a blitzer. Cheers all around in the crowded injuried section of the Wood Elfs, where the strong coffee and potent glacauma medince both pump the players up and relaxes them.

We're placing a Bounty on Werewolf, that damn catcher, oh I just noticed he got MVP....11 spp! Well, FOR SURE THEN! Bounty declared mwhaha.
Xenon

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

NLF Game 3

After the previous bad result the little terrors had been away on training camp all week. They were really looking forward to playing these weak looking humans, the Break Through Bears", and had they decided to come out swinging. And that they did! 3 KOs and a fumble gaving the kicking team the ball. The crowd were so worked up that when they got their hands on the human thrower "Sutherland" they fractured his leg! From here the 1-0 result as the half time whistle blew was only a formality for "Short Hair".
With only 9 players fielded by the humans the rats decided to press their advantage and gave the bad kick to the rat ogre "Splinter". He managed to fun the ball to the endzone, even with a bit of confusion about not using his fists halfway there. "Curie"'s amazing blitz into what was practically the entire team with the Ogre into the middle saw the "Splinter" toppled and the ball in the human's hands! The crowd knew it shouldn't have been possible and threw the ball straight back to the terrors.
The last drive saw this leagues first use of the "Hamster catch it yourself kick"TM and the third goal was easy against the beat up humans!
Bring on the halflings!

**** For "Curie"'s amazing tackle that just shouldn't have happened, I declare a bounty on him!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So, that's 0/0/3 in the NFL, with a TD record of 0-8.

Looking good! Very Happy

Season 2...... It's all about season 2.........
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Tried to change RonnieColeman's score from 22 to 19 (as I stated before that he get's half the points from the team he replaced). But every time I try to change the scores, tourney page opens Bloodsville Division A, and all the others are "down". And as I open the correct Division, it won't let me edit the scores. So I have to click "edit scores", which opens Bloodsville, Division A again. So the correct score is in the table above tournaments.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

boo Very Happy