39 coaches online • Server time: 13:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It is funny, but BigMac is annoying on the forums but fun to play. How is that possible?

BigMac, I would like to point out that no one else dictates how you play bloodbowl. If you want to play Elves with your Khemri, then you do that. That narrows your field, but it seems like you are more worried about forcing others to do what you want to do then it is actually playing any available opponent.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac, will you please Shut Up!

Are you trying to annoy everyone on Fumbbl, because that's how it comes accross.
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So the essence of the feedback so far is:

You are right, but people will just keep creating teams in ranked and do whatever they want anyway, so its pointless.

Fine then, so the solution is a new more restrictive division.
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, we have a storm! I think I just got disconnected from IRC due to it!
stormknight

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Bicmac, play SMACK it's the ultra thingie you need.

We have nice weater here where I live. I have that Hate/Love thing about heat... they dress in little. Embarassed

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
It is funny, but BigMac is annoying on the forums but fun to play. How is that possible?

BigMac, I would like to point out that no one else dictates how you play bloodbowl. If you want to play Elves with your Khemri, then you do that. That narrows your field, but it seems like you are more worried about forcing others to do what you want to do then it is actually playing any available opponent.

Meech, there are some issues that repeat themselves over and over again. They could simply be cleared up once.

For example the guy who enters the game and says "you hire a star after agreeing to the game, i will quit now".

Or the guy who complains about how boring your stalling is when you actually only do what you got to do to win the game.

Or the next guy who gets the ref, refuses to use it and complains about your fouls instead.

If we had a division that simply said "if its in the game, its in the game, just play god damn", that ensure we would not meet such folks as often as we do right now.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Purifying Ranked...how did I know this was a BigMac thread.

BigMac, people play in ranked for all various reasons. When two coaches' motives don't mesh, a game offer is declined. It's that simple.

I wish it would rain here...be a nice change from the hot weather. Not that I don't like hot weather. I went to the beach and enjoyed a wonderful weekend, but...variety now would be a nice touch.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Bigmac wrote "Meech, there are some issues that repeat themselves over and over again. They could simply be cleared up once."

What like the Middle East, World hunger etc..? You should clearly become a politician and solve all of these problems as they also keep coming up over and over again too. Oh no wait maybe the solution isn't as simple as that... hmmm could this be the case here? Who knows Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

on the ground base, I agree. Ranked should be competitive and U open.

But this can't be done unless some changes and so far, I didn't find your options good.

U, up to now, as an open environment, has nothing more to offer than R.

Less lfging coaches, no medal, rank, whatever...

So if I don't care about CR, why not opt out for R?

I hope LRB5 will change stuff and default division to U. But that won't probably happen. So far R is more and more the default division. Records on R division only, R tournaments as site official ones, etc...

I think you fight against windmills.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
on the ground base, I agree. Ranked should be competitive and U open.

But this can't be done unless some changes and so far, I didn't find your options good.

U, up to now, as an open environment, has nothing more to offer than R.

Less lfging coaches, no medal, rank, whatever...

So if I don't care about CR, why not opt out for R?

I hope LRB5 will change stuff and default division to U. But that won't probably happen. So far R is more and more the default division. Records on R division only, R tournaments as site official ones, etc...

I think you fight against windmills.

Have to agree with this one. Would love to get rid of all the whiny elfball coaches, but I don't think there is any acceptable way to do so (though I am open to suggetions). So just keep playing your own style eventually it might rub of or at least scare some og the anoying coaches away.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You really should try playing Smacks. Hell, yo win a couple you can start calling the Fumbbl sMACks.

Really, stop worrying about trying to make others play your way. Just pay who will play you and enjoy the game. You will lose a lot less ahir/sleep over it. (This motto works with life as well)

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Thanks for beeing constructive.
grandw

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

When creating the nastiest chaos team, that will kill anything on the field including the grass, ranked is THE place to be methinks.....
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Ah, HERE is the 'play anyone' thread. I knew it'd be around here somewhere.

BigMouth, please stick to your established order for your sad little whines. You confuse me like anything when they show up randomly.

It IS a cycle, isn't it? I'm convinced he has specific dates ringed on his calendar.

And back to the topic in hand. Cloud. /Me sighs. I don't like it when we don't get actual weather just clouds. Some nice rain early on though, looking for a warm Bank holiday weekend. August bank holidays are usually scorchers (/me longs for a Reading festival field with beer in hand.....).
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Final update: the storm has passed. I can see blue skies* …

(*Well, actually, it's a bit cloudy. But there was some blue there a second ago!)
 Jump to: