53 coaches online • Server time: 23:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

omg, this isn´t rainbow six or something like those games are called. You make the plan up in your mind.

Stick to this tactic:
1. Do all fail safe moves (only moves no rolls involved)
2. Do all moves least likely to fail (two die blocks/ dodges with dodge reroll on ag4)
3. Do your ball gaining/ securing / scoring move
4. do the rest

this tactic works most of the time. Of course you have to plan beforehands where to move your key players like guards. But you will have most of your players standing if you fail and you might even be able to get some sort of backup if you fail a roll and loose the turn.

and one last thing: a push back is not a skull! If it is not ABSOLUTELY crucial for your move, don´t you dare take a reroll just to take one down. You might need it later. BTW it is possible to reroll into dbl skulls Very Happy

My opinion is a NO to undoand to pre-planning whatever, if you failed to notice Wink

Cheers

(can´t believe that I am trying to give advice to tactics, lol)

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I has the same idea for planned moves. Instead of moving right away, you choose the path the player will take, choose the player that will be blocked or passed to or whatever. It shows dodges that will be made, and you plan the move like all dodges will be successfull. After the move is planned, you click "go" and it happens.
For a blitz, the move is planned up to the block. After the block is resolved, you plan the rest of the move.

And that would solve many stupid clicking errors. Like what happened recently, I blitzed with my troll, followed the pushback, then I wanted to end his turn, but I clicked on the adjacent square instead of the troll, so he dodge and fall.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

planned moves:
Vote: NO
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol.. do you move randomly?

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the earlier post Chickenbrain. My vote is also a definate NO, this is Blood Bowl, not rocket science...
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe.. i was talking to Revener not to you veron Wink

And well... i do have "plans"...

So actually my moves are planned.. Wink But yes i know what you mean.. NO pre plan and move later...

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Apodemus: Surely that's just gonna slow the whole game down. Also, if you need to count the squares...use your finger!!
It would take the fun out of playing if you could plan everything to perfection, then execute it and just wait for the random numbers to screw you over. Most of your planning should be taking place while the other player is taking his turn. You can usually see what's happening (except with the most cunning of coaches).
As for the tackle zones & blocks, simple rule of thumb....Look before you leap. To newbies it may well seem a little confusing, but it won't take many screwed up blocks and dodges before you start thinking a bit.
It's like vertigo says....misclicking and such are the human factor. We all do it. Get over it and play. Twisted Evil
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Irrevocable misclicks are the price we pay for not having to worry about Illegal Procedure calls.
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2003 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

here's an idea. how about counting the squares and checking for tackle zones necessary to dodge through and the assists both you and your opponent get while throwing a blitz...

slackman42
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2003 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Count squares? Plan moves? Check Tackle Zones? Arrange Assists?

Pah, who can be bothered with all that?

What we need is for DO function! Then you guys can just sit back and watch, mistake free! Razz
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2003 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the planned move idea, Apodemus. Though I'm relatively new here, I've often missed an opponent or clicked on the wrong square. It's annoying when it does happen.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2003 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The price of learning is the occasional mistake...

think of Bloodbowl more as a sport... like Billard... you plan the move in your mind, you imagine those three balls going into the same pocket and than... dang... you failed miserably cause you miscalculated something. There is no such thing as undo in life. There is no such thing as undo in other online games. Think before every move you make. You have approximately 4 minutes per turn, that makes roughly 40 seconds per player, even more if you normally just stand up with pronies. Take your time and think it out. Use your brain. Read the LRB. Play some more matches to get practise and if you play more experienced players, do ask them about tactics. I don´t think no player wouldn´t help you out with some hints.

So long

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2003 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Practice doesnt make me click better

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
Think before every move you make. You have approximately 4 minutes per turn, that makes roughly 40 seconds per player, even more if you normally just stand up with pronies.

Most people have more than 6 players on their team... Razz

I think if people are really having such a problem with misclicks, maybe they just need to slow it down a little?
Or else work on their hand-eye coordination a little?
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
The price of learning is the occasional mistake...

think of Bloodbowl more as a sport... like Billard... you plan the move in your mind, you imagine those three balls going into the same pocket and than... dang... you failed miserably cause you miscalculated something. There is no such thing as undo in life. There is no such thing as undo in other online games. Think before every move you make. You have approximately 4 minutes per turn, that makes roughly 40 seconds per player, even more if you normally just stand up with pronies. Take your time and think it out. Use your brain. Read the LRB. Play some more matches to get practise and if you play more experienced players, do ask them about tactics. I don´t think no player wouldn´t help you out with some hints.

So long

About the only really usefule advise here is to take your time... That is where most of my misclicks or boneheaded moves come from--trying to act too quickly. It's one of my weaknesses in playing this (and other) games.

Now, don't go assuming that because people make mis-clicks and such that they haven't read the LRB, not using their brain, or are inexperienced. The Java client does so much for you already it would be a 'nice' feature to be able to plan out a move before committing to it. I wouldn't use it on every move, just the important ones or the really long gutter runner runs.
 Jump to: