29 coaches online • Server time: 01:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Well should we go to a quasi lrb4.5 version
yes
20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 40 ]
tophat your a genius , but still no this idea is dumb
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
tophat your a genius , have a macavity pie
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
macavity or pie? , we could do a poll
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
whats a quasi ?
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 72

BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PandaPower wrote:
Erm... just pointing out... but who do you want to do all the rewriting? Do you want them to rewrite it twice? I'm happy with whatever they do, this version has done fine up to now, and any changes will be very interesting and fun to play with.

Well pure 4.0 is almost there. Java Blood Bowl has still some things missing and some wrong but those are pretty minor and as to things that FUMBBL misses other than some spelling mistakes i cant think of any.

So LRB4 is there.

LRB5 is far, far away. It will surely not happen all at once, same way Java Bowl added features with every past release. I remebber when everybody was happy about finally having some of the secret weapons in JBB. So that's going to evolve over time. Maybe Ski will add Titchy soon so we can use the revised Ogre's as a experimental team. Things like that will summ up until its fully Blown LRB5, and LRB5 will be revised 3 times by GW until then.

LRB 4.5 ? or House Rules? For example if Ski has completed adding the new Nigglin Injuries to JBB we could use those rules in a House Rules divison without any work on FUMBBL at all, at least none that i can imagine.

So as i said first the principle has to go. Then some really interesting house rules had to be agreed on. And then a "new DivX" could open, assuming it has enough traffic to justify that move.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be happy if they just changed the niggle rule and removed virus

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As some of you might know, JBB has a custom Handicaps.ini that allows to customize the handicaps. Virus could easily be removed that way.
The Niggle Rule is entirely up to Ski Junkie and since he is so awefully silent recently my guess is he's already in some dungeon sticking together some new Beta. Wink
I hope the missing Handicaps will also be added even if LRB4 is history already.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, Someone mentioned Wolf.

<b>vote BigMac</b>

Wait, that's to obvious ...

<b>unvote BigMac ... vote TopHat</b>
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>Just as the screaming horde of villagers are about to lynch <b>BigMac</b>, a huge Werewolf appears, and bites off each of his limbs, followed by a Vampire, who drinks all of his blood. Then the Mafia show up and fill him full of lead …

… Yet somehow, he goes on posting!</i>
Shocked
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

well=> new niggling cannot work without a "keep team in check range" spirraling expenses rules.

TV introduce a completely different way of development of teams, with stars vs cheap linos instead of overall average roster.

I vote for the full ruleset, or nothing.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
<i>Just as the screaming horde of villagers are about to lynch <b>BigMac</b>, a huge Werewolf appears, and bites off each of his limbs, followed by a Vampire, who drinks all of his blood. Then the Mafia show up and fill him full of lead …

… Yet somehow, he goes on posting!</i>
Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
...he's already in some dungeon....

Ha, hark who's talking.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

for half of my teams, the TV is halfway between my TR and TS. Changing the site so that it runs on TV won't actually change the performance of the teams i reckon...

personally i suspect that SkiJunkie and Christer have been talking about this for some time, esp since it was public knowledge for over a year that LRB5, and that SkiJunkie has been planning the changes, the same way Christer implemented the TV info on the team roster...

so, i reckon we will have a LRB5 client most probably b4 christmas, but it obviously takes poor SkiJunkie time to code all the changes in, so no rush... let us enjoy our last matches with LRB4 while we can Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, and if you can train a dog to catch a frizbee mid-air, then werewolves can get have catch

then again, i'm still waiting to see a treeman with hail mary pass...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Webbe

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The big problem is that the client need massive rework. And AFAIK Skinjunkie doesn't have time/will to do it and noone else that is able seem to be up for making a whole new client. So I'd say we're sadly pretty much stuck with LRB4 and the site is losing interest the longer that goes without anything happens.

Maybe it's just me but I can sincerely say that If I discovered FUMBBL today I'd never join cause it does use an outdated ruleset and I doubt I'll be here in a year if nothing changes.

I think the problem is on the client part of the deal though, cause if there was a new one I don't think Christer would hesitate to do his part.
vanGorn

Post 6 Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Some changes which would not need changes in the client seem to be, adding of new star players (with only old skills) and adding some of the new player types to the reworked rosters. But it would not make sense. The core of the changed rules are the reworked skills. Without those it would be far from lrb5.

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Some changes which would not need changes in the client seem to be, adding of new star players (with only old skills) and adding some of the new player types to the reworked rosters. But it would not make sense. The core of the changed rules are the reworked skills. Without those it would be far from lrb5.

Far AND unbalanced. It's all or nothing, to me.
At least, if we all agree that balance is the most important thing of all.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
vanGorn wrote:

Far AND unbalanced. It's all or nothing, to me.
At least, if we all agree that balance is the most important thing of all.

Excactly.

SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

From a development point of view, even if not a game, I see nothing wrong with having incremental stages of development as we approach LRB5. Yes, someone would have to arbitrate what changes go in as we aspire to LRB5, but there’s no shortage of people on this site that are both sensible and more than capable of managing that.

Doing it this way allows for a steady migration that is less demanding on the programmers and allows us to start testing the changes.

BTW – I hate my werewolves having catch. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Jump to: