43 coaches online • Server time: 13:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Daft

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Fama.

The thing is that coaches have an aversion to losing an entire team and starting over. They don't avoid games for fear of losing a match the do so because they fear losing players. Do you honestly think people would hate Khemri foulers so badly if they had less likelyhood of a player dying outright. Elves are simply the worst off as they cannot even retool as quickly as a gobo or halfling team.

I'm just looking for a way to reduce the extreme attrition rate of high cost and low armor players. If anyone has a better idea, I'm open to it.

If you simply think things are perfect, that is fine too.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no problem to find matches with dwarves when you join a tournament. Especially knock-out, swiss and scheduled round robin tournaments are fine for all those otherwise shunned teams.
In open round robin, you might find dodgy coaches, too. It resembles Faction in this way.

pac

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Miracle Max</b>: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

<b>Inigo Montoya</b>: What's that?

<b>Miracle Max</b>: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well maybe there could be a league that works like the non-league games in real BB. Where you make up a new team and after each game it gets re-set so no skills but dead and injured players come back to life.

This way you could get lots of practice in, especially if you were new, and getting your team mushed when you are learning wouldn't require you to retire them and make up a new 1.

Of course LRB5 goes some way to sort this by allowing you to take jjourneymen for free. Though this may give some teams a huge advantage with 5-6 mega stars and the rest of the team made up of a free journeyman meat shield, would keep the TR down too.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Well maybe there could be a league that works like the non-league games in real BB. Where you make up a new team and after each game it gets re-set so no skills but dead and injured players come back to life.

This way you could get lots of practice in, especially if you were new, and getting your team mushed when you are learning wouldn't require you to retire them and make up a new 1.

Of course LRB5 goes some way to sort this by allowing you to take jjourneymen for free. Though this may give some teams a huge advantage with 5-6 mega stars and the rest of the team made up of a free journeyman meat shield, would keep the TR down too.

That already exists. Just create your unranked team as non improving (Progression = none).
I don't know if there's an active tournament for NI around, but there were some in the past. I retired my NI team, though.

Jump to: