58 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Ive done a points system up, after taking some of you advice. If you have any more suggestions, put it up here or just pm me.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4073

Jeffro
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Grand Order of Tomb Masons finally began their work today.
Good news brothers! Victory was ours, we gave those undead monstrosities a drubbing, even managing to peel some of that protective plating off of a wight.
We couldn't help feeling a little bad afterwards however, the necromancer seemed to be a rather nice guy (apart from all that playing with corpses stuff, obviously).

The Match

As way of illustration of this current points scheme, the match is worth:
Win: 100
Permanent -AV on a 10spp Wight: 90 + 10: 100
1 BH, 3 other SI regened or MNG: 4*50: 200
Total: 400

Which I think is a none too shabby amount.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2006 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow nice. 18 TR points higher as well. Good job for thier first game.

Just for anyone else this league is alot of fun so far. If it isnt your cup of Tea to crack down on those whimpy teams, and you enjoy a good nuckle dust off, then check out Grave Danger. Alot of fun letting them think your being cherry picked.

Jeffro
Leniyuhl

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2006 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... the point system forces me to go back to my games and check the replays to get the accurate score for my team. Well... I wont get any games anyhow.
Just calculated my score... here goes.
4 wins 400
2 Draws 100
6 BH 300
Reged: Death 1 50
Si 1 50
Sticking si's
Zombie - ma, 4 spp 34
Mummy -av 110
Mummy Niggling, 4spp 114
Death
2 Skeleton 60
Total sum: 1218
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ayiyi, I gotta do a lot of work to catch up with that!
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2006 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Does Thralls still count, even though they are not really dead?

I would like to claim 3x50 from BH in a game vs vamps. I will find the link for you...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1485598

Almost forgot, my game before that was a draw.

Third game was a defeat again, but with 2 BH.

To summarize:
game1: 50p
game2: 150p
game3: 100p
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2006 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame Unranked teams aren't allowed.. my 'Bones 'Mashers are 2-0 vs Undead

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=316667
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2006 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya I was thinking about the point system, and how it might be a little high. We are all on the same measures so its not broken, just high and hard to count. Thralls are on the scores, because they are keepers of the undead, and besides they are part of a dead team. Cant really exclude them.

As for the Unranked Team of Craftburn. I dont really see why we wouldnt have Unranked teams. I just liked ranked more. Keep playing to our standards Craft, we might make an adjustment in the near future. I have to think of it a little more.

Any suggestions on the point system would help. Or just tell me if you like them or not. Word.

Jeffro
Leniyuhl

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The system will be slightly unbalanced if ghouls, WWs and thralls give as much points as a regenerating equivalent. low armor (except the WW then) and at the most 1 apo(thrall) will result in more sticking injuries than "real" undeads. Thus they should be slightly less pointwise, to prevent any point system abuse. Im sure most of us do this for the fun of it, but Id like a balanced system.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2006 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

When I first wrote up a point system, I gave different points for each position. I changed it to the way it is now, for 1) its easier to keep count. Also we can easily go back and recount the scores at a later date. 2) I thought it was a little different from the other leagues. I dont know if anyone keeps points the way this is. I hope its unique, with out going out and searching the other leagues. I might have to do that though.

I like the ssp being multiplied (which has partly been taken from another league by the way,) to show importance of the player. I also like the cost of player being the points, because Jervis and the others have already figured out the heirarchy of the players by cost. Now I do know that killing a thrall, or WW is easier than killing a zombie, and the points are then broken. That is a hard thing to figure out in a rush, because we have to then make our system more complex. Maybe if they have regenerate we double the player cost? Ill think about it for a while. Might take me a couple days. This first round is really more of a test, to see what works and doesnt work. So I think we can take it as a "just for now" sort of situation. Until we work out the bugs. Smile

Jeffro
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2006 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, tralls are just as hard as skellies to injure, but on to bigger things, my last game!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1489115

5 injuries ->250 points
I won -> 100 points.

And this time, 3 of the injuries were on mummies, and almost killed one of them once!

A total of 350 points bringing me up to 650 points.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2006 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Leniyuhl wrote:
The system will be slightly unbalanced if ghouls, WWs and thralls give as much points as a regenerating equivalent. low armor (except the WW then) and at the most 1 apo(thrall) will result in more sticking injuries than "real" undeads. Thus they should be slightly less pointwise, to prevent any point system abuse. Im sure most of us do this for the fun of it, but Id like a balanced system.

Its is a small league so far, and if we find som explouitation of hunting thralls, we should consider changing the rules, but as for now, I see no reason in doing that. And also, it would unfavour the teams instead of favouir them. Why play vs thralls when you get more points for playing vs skellies?

Another point I have is that you earn more points for a regenerating skellie/ BH thrall than for really killing them. That is strange! And I think all SI should give equal amount of point.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2006 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

True. Ive noticed that as well. I guess the way I am aproaching it, is that higher TR teams will earn more. I think Ill revamp it a bit this week. Rookie teams have a better chance at earning more points than higher, right now, since we dont have any high teams yet. Ill go over it and make a change or two.

Anyone else having trouble getting games? I cant believe that Deadie teams cherry pick and avoid games. Ive had to play up on most of my games. Oh well, Ill still try and whoop them. Theyll eventually play us.

Jeffro
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2006 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a thruth I have noticed before. The bashy teams are often more cherrypicking than other teams. Most elf teams play vs opponents even if they have one, two or three more bashy skills than themself, but when it comes to bashy coaches, they turn and run as soon as the opponent have obe more mighty blow than their team!
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2006 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1482477

i made 150 points in my first game. The girls took a bit of a beating too though. Still no-one said killing the dead was gonna be easy.
 Jump to: